Susan Smith has worked as an editor and writer in the technology industry for over 16 years. As an editor she has been responsible for the launch of a number of technology trade publications, both in print and online. Currently, Susan is the Editor of GISCafe and AECCafe, as well as those sites’ … More »
Trimble’s Vico Office 4.2 ready to download
August 20th, 2013 by Susan Smith
Here is a video of the Vico Office 4.2 download link so you can get up and running with the latest functionality. Vico Office 4.2 is virtual construction software, augmenting 3D models with constructability analysis and coordination, location-based quantity takeoff, 4D (time) scheduling and production control, and 5D (cost) estimating that has just been released. This software is part of Trimble’s new data integration capabilities between a variety of its planning, estimating and management software applications.
See what the new interface between Tekla and Vico looks like in this video, narrated by Marcel Broekmaat, Market Manager of Project Controls, with Trimble Buildings’ General Contractor Division:
• Updated Publishers: Tekla Structures 19, Revit 2014, AutoCAD MEP 2014, and AutoCAD Architecture 2014 are supported by new Vico Office publishers.
• The Tekla publisher has been improved: you can now publish filtered views, which lets you only publish those parts of the model that have been completed; and it has added support for additional properties that are included in the publish operation. The Model Organizer information is included in the publisher to make it easy to prepare your model for use in Vico Office.
• The Tekla activation options now include – among others – Assembly Name, Assembly Prefix and Part Name. Release 4.2 also contains support for user defined properties.
• For all BIM formats, Trimble is introducing the ability to change the order in which properties are used to create Takeoff Items.
• Improved Task Manager view: you can now filter and select multiple Assemblies and Components and set Task Driver (production rate) values for all selected items at once.
• On top of all of this, fixes and improvements related to 3D model loading, publishing, quantity takeoff and schedule planning have been included after incorporating customer feedback.