Susan Smith has worked as an editor and writer in the technology industry for over 16 years. As an editor she has been responsible for the launch of a number of technology trade publications, both in print and online. Currently, Susan is the Editor of GISCafe and AECCafe, as well as those sites’ … More »
AECCafe Attendance at AIA in Atlanta
May 11th, 2015 by Susan Smith
For all those traveling to the American Institute of Architects (AIA) event in Atlanta, AECCafe will be there and interested in talking to attendees and vendors.
Some of my questions for attendees:
1) What is your interest in attending the conference?
2) What kinds of technologies/standards/trends are you interested in finding out about?
3) What is your role in the world of architecture today?
4) What steps, if any, are being taken in your firm towards sustainable infrastructure?
For those vendors whom I will meet with, questions may be:
1) How important is architecture today?
2) What steps are being taken in your organization toward providing solutions for a sustainable infrastructure?
3) How do you envision a workflow evolving using your products?
4) How does your product aid in collaboration with other aspects of the building workflow?
For those wishing to schedule an interview with me, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Because our focus at AECCafe is on the CAD and BIM-related products and services, please keep that in mind when contacting our publication.
Tags: 3D, AEC, AIA Atlanta, architects, architecture, Bentley Systems, building, building information modeling, CAD, collaboration, construction, design, engineering, engineers, infrastructure, mobile, reality capture
Categories: 2D, 3D, 3D PDF, AEC, AECCafe, BIM, building information modeling, Cloud, collaboration, construction, data archiving, field, field solutions, file sharing, IES, IFC, infrastructure, integrated project delivery, LEED Gold, managed services, MEP, mobile, point clouds, project management