PDF3D 3D PDF conversion and publishing software has released their latest version update with more features of their advanced PRC technology for CAD users. The development timeframe has been speeded up to bring this technology to market early.
Archive for the ‘field solutions’ Category
Around 2011, we began to hear about cloud project-based collaboration tool, Autodesk A360, and since that time around 1.5 million accounts have been created to use the tool. In January of this year, the tool evolved into a A360 Tech Preview beta, that attracted over 10,000 users.
Autodesk A360 addresses findings of two recent studies on collaboration, outlined in a recent press release from the company:
The A360 dashboard gives you a view of recent activity streams for all active projects.
Barry Phillips, the CMO of Panzura talked with AECCafe Voice about Panzura’s Global File System and subsequent involvement in the AEC industry, providing cross-site collaboration with their global locking file systems. Moving from CAD to BIM in a single office is not a problem, according to Phillips, but when you try to have project teams spread across distributed offices it doesn’t work. “There have been lots of attempts to solve this problem,” said Phillips. Collaboration is what drives the need for cloud storage.
Jim McCartney, market manager, Field Solutions and Mobility, Trimble Buildings GC/CM Division spoke with AECCafe Voice regarding the most recent release of their new Trimble Field Link Software:
Brant Carter, Product Management Director with the Owner Division of Trimble Buildings Group, answered AECCafe Voice’s questions about the latest Proliance 5.7 release from Trimble:
I heard Peter Hansford, the Chief Construction Advisor to HM Government, UK speak about the Crossrail project at the Bentley Year in Infrastructure conference in London, 2013. While I’m not in attendance at the inaugural GEO Business 2014 event, Hansford is presenting a keynote at that conference.
With a career that has spanned positions at Amey, Maunsell, the Strategic Rail Authority and Gardiner and Theobald, Hansford has spent the majority of his career on highways and railways with project management largely being his focus. Peter is also an ardent advocate and supporter of the BIM initiative.
Autodesk reported financial results for the first quarter of fiscal 2015 on Thursday, May 15.
From the press release, here are the following primary results:
First Quarter Fiscal 2015
• Total billings increased 10 percent, compared to the first quarter of fiscal 2014.
• Total subscriptions increased by over 89,000, compared to the fourth quarter of fiscal 2014.
• Revenue was $593 million, an increase of 4 percent, compared to the first quarter of fiscal 2014 as
reported, and increased 5 percent on a constant currency basis. Revenue contribution from the recent
acquisition of Delcam was immaterial to first quarter results.
• GAAP operating margin was 7 percent, compared to 14 percent in the first quarter of fiscal 2014.
• Non-GAAP operating margin was 17 percent, compared with 24 percent in the first quarter of fiscal
2014. A reconciliation of GAAP to non-GAAP results is provided in the accompanying tables.
• GAAP diluted earnings per share were $0.12, compared to $0.24 in the first quarter of fiscal 2014.
• Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share were $0.32, compared to $0.42 in the first quarter of fiscal 2014.
• Deferred revenue increased 13 percent to a record $964 million, compared to the first quarter of fiscal
• Cash flow from operating activities was $219 million, compared to $224 million in the first quarter of
The full press release, complete with predictions and webcast presentations can be found here.
Jeff Groudan, worldwide director, Thin Client and Virtual Workstation Product Management and Jim Christensen, product manager at HP, talked about the announcement this week of the HP DL380z Virtual Workstation solution – a slick combination of HP’s server hardware technology and the integration of it into the true workstation ecosystem, delivered out of the Workstation Business unit.
Trimble SketchUp Mobile Viewer for iPad was just released, a product that should make model viewing on a tablet more dynamic. Below are some responses from John Baccus, Product Management Director, SketchUp at Trimble Navigation regarding the new release: