Sefaira today announced that its performance based design platform includes daylighting analysis in their Sefaira for SketchUp product. With the addition of daylighting, Sefaira combines two critical design metrics in the same tool.
Posts Tagged ‘green BIM’
$US 60 trillion is needed between now and 2030 to meet the needs of U.S. infrastructure, according to recent statistics. Current industry has the capacity to put in place less than half of that. World energy consumption continues to be unrelenting and the need for Green Building Information Modeling is definitely here to stay.
The benefits of Green Building Information Modeling have been well outlined in the following article from TrueCADD on Green Building Information Modeling in Today’s World
- The information generated from a green building information model leads to fewer number of errors on site caused by uncoordinated and inaccurate information.
- The model saves wastage of time on site.
- Extra coordination checks on site are largely unnecessary.
- Managing building information using a green BIM can lead to substantial cost savings, from construction and design through to maintenance.
- As all of the construction team members work on the same model — right from early design all the way through completion, changes are coordinated automatically across the project.
There is also a new website called www.greenbim.com, and numerous other websites and vendors addressing this topic.