Susan Smith has worked as an editor and writer in the technology industry for over 16 years. As an editor she has been responsible for the launch of a number of technology trade publications, both in print and online. Currently, Susan is the Editor of GISCafe and AECCafe, as well as those sites’ … More »
2012 Predictions: Bentley Systems on Bridges, Civil & Transportation
January 30th, 2012 by Susan Smith
· The growth areas for use of bridge information modeling (BrIM) practices and technologies will continue to be Design/Build and PPP projects.
· Use of BrIM will bring measurable improvements in constructability analysis (and ultimately, in operations).
· 2012 will see greater adoption of BrIM at the Contractor level, for value engineering and cost mitigation.
· More organizations will change how they fund IT investments based on planning a shift to cloud computing.
· The practical realities of how enterprises are implementing sustainable business practices will continue to evolve rapidly, resulting in changes to organizational processes and the nature of sustainable business system solutions.
Commentary: Bentley’s BrIM solutions will continue to leverage Bentley platform technologies in readiness to support the shift to cloud computing.
– Jackie Cissell, Bentley’s Product Marketing Manager, Civil & Transportation for BrIM (Bridge Information Modeling)