So many of London’s train stations swept away the awards at Bentley Systems’ Be Inspired 2012 Awards tonight. Crossrail projects were a huge hit, as was the King’s Cross Station Redevelopment by John McAslan + Partners that won in the “Innovation in Building” category.
Posts Tagged ‘3D’
A press conference held at the Be Inspired Leadership Conference in Amsterdam yesterday provided an opportunity to showcase upcoming announcements from Bentley Systems. The Leadership Conference drew finalists from 42 countries this year, according to CEO Greg Bentley.
Notable is the fact that Bentley achieved its initial public rating and has regained revenue momentum after the downturn. Bentley said that Autodesk is ahead of Bentley but not out of reach, and that since the downturn, Bentley has regained revenue faster than Autodesk.
The 2011 Bentley Infrastructure 500, an elite status added last year, now represent $14.1 trillion value in infrastructure. Bentley has 48 partners now worldwide.
1) The announcement that Bentley’s i-models which are containers for open infrastructure information exchange will now be able to deliver AECO information mobility in PDF workflows – this accomplished via agreements with Adobe Systems and Bluebeam Software.
2) Bentley acquired Pointools Ltd. In order to integrate point cloud processing into its entire product portfolio. Bentley plans to merge their code streams with those of Pointools to create a new fundamental data type. Up until now, Bentley has embedded the Pointools Vortex engine into MicroStation, but now they plan to incorporate point cloud processing in ProjectWise and AssetWise platforms.
3) Bentley acquired FormSys to expand their SACS offerings which extends their influence in the offshore market. SACS is an integrated finite element structural analysis suite of programs.
4) Bentley made available commercially their new AECOsim Energy Simulator software and in early Q1 2012 the new AECOsim Building Designer Software will be available.
5) A relationship with Microsoft for the Microsoft Azure Platform partner program will make it possible for Bentley to bring a range of Azure-based cloud services to AECO worldwide. One of the key offerings on Azure will be Bentley Transmittal Services, which will allow the tracking and delivery of transmittals through a dashboard portal.
6) Structural Synchronizer for iPad Workflow for the iPad available at iTunes for free at the end of the month – users can export out a very intelligent model to the iPad and see all bracing, beams, concrete and click on the model to pull in more information. Anything that might be needed in an AEC setting onsite such as section type, placement point, even complex elements can be added, layers turned on and off, and viewed in the new app.
ZWCAD Software Co. Ltd (ZWSOFT) just acquired VX Corporation, a company well known in both CAD and MCAD industries for its 3D CAD/CAM solution based on their VX kernel.
According to the press release, “VX development team located in Florida will continue to create innovative 3D CAD/CAM software as a division of ZWSOFT but will now be aided by a much larger International team. As a wholly owned subsidiary of ZWSOFT, the VX and ZWSOFT will adopt this powerful technology for their latest product, ZW3D.”
Currently, ZWSOFT Services has 180,000 users worldwide.
The first indication that the Chinese 2D CAD company was going 3D could be found on their website dedicated to their 2010 Partner Conference held on September 25-28 in Guangzhou, China. At that conference, an event was announced: “First Showing of ZW3D – ZWSOFT’s All-In-One 3D Solution“.
ZWSOFT has been growing exponentially, one sure sign of growth being that other companies are launching products built on it. ALITOP, a software company specializing in surveying and civil engineering, recently announced MDT for ZWCAD, a low cost product for surveying and civil projects.
ZWmech, an “integrated engineering add-on for ZWCAD,” designed to “speed up the modeling process,” was announced recently from ASVIC, a company that develops CAD based software products.