· The growth areas for use of bridge information modeling (BrIM) practices and technologies will continue to be Design/Build and PPP projects.
· Use of BrIM will bring measurable improvements in constructability analysis (and ultimately, in operations).
· 2012 will see greater adoption of BrIM at the Contractor level, for value engineering and cost mitigation.
· More organizations will change how they fund IT investments based on planning a shift to cloud computing.
· The practical realities of how enterprises are implementing sustainable business practices will continue to evolve rapidly, resulting in changes to organizational processes and the nature of sustainable business system solutions.
Commentary: Bentley’s BrIM solutions will continue to leverage Bentley platform technologies in readiness to support the shift to cloud computing.
The BrIM solutions for 2012 are well positioned to support sustainability and the changes to organizational systems and processes that will be required.
– Jackie Cissell, Bentley’s Product Marketing Manager, Civil & Transportation for BrIM (Bridge Information Modeling)