Article source: OMA
The new building for the Musée national des beaux-arts du Québec – the museum’s fourth building in an increasingly complicated site, interconnected yet disparate – is a subtly ambitious, even stealthy, addition to the city. Rather than creating an iconic imposition, it forms new links between the park and the city, and brings new coherence to the MNBAQ.
- Architect: OMA
- Project: Expansion of the Musée national des beaux-arts du Québec (MNBAQ)
- Location: Parc des Champs-de-Bataille, Québec City, Canada
- Client: Musée national des beaux-arts du Québec
- Status: Competition 2010, 1st place.
- Completion: fall 2013
- Drawings and Images: © OMA; image by Luxigon