Winning project of the 10th Architecture Award promoted by IAB-MG (Instituto dos Arquitetos do Brasil – Minas Gerais) 2008, single houses category.
It is a contemporaneous house built with traditional techniques. This construction occupies the top of a hillside and is projected over an immense valley framed with a chain of mountains, a predominant relief in the state of Minas Gerais, Brazil. In the surroundings of Nova Lima – MG, where the construction was erected, a considerable part of the houses are influenced by the language of Portuguese colonial architecture and uses manual techniques of construction.
- Architect: Morato Arquitetura
- Project name: House EP
- City: Nova Lima – MG
- Function: Residential
- Chief architect / office name: Ulisses Morato / Morato Arquitetura
- Project team: Ulisses Morato
- Client: Unmarried man.
- Consultancy / collaboration partners: Pedro Cardoso – Engineering
- Design date: May/2003
- Completion date: December/2004
- Area: 213 m2
- Photos of the house: Daniel Mansur