In the beginning of the 1970s an urban masterplan was devised for Cologne neighborhood of Bayenthal, which has never been applied since then. It was a urbanistic stillborn; the desperate and utterly misdirected attempt to react to a then pressing urban problem: the exodus from the city. Since the early sixties young families moved out of inner city areas into the suburbs and the villages surrounding the cities in order to fulfill their dreams of that uprising prosperous middle class.
- Architect: Manuel Herz Architects – Basel and Cologne; Manuel Herz
- Name of Project: Legal / Illegal
- Location: Cologne, Germany
- Client: TURRIS Immobilien GmbH & Co. KG
- Project Team: Emmanuelle Raoul, Sven Röttger
- Photography: Boris Becker, Cologne