Article source: EQUIP Xavier Claramunt
It was proposed to intervene on existing industrial premises at the entrance to the city of Sabadell from the motorway in order to adapt it for use as headquarters of a high-end car dealer. The first stage of the work entailed the completion of the existing construction in order to occupy the entire available space; the second stage involved rearranging the resulting space, through the construction of an intermediate forging. The third one transforms the building into a true advertisement of itself through the iconic assimilation of the metallic protection barriers that extend along the edges of roads and motorways; in this way, the façade of the construction becomes a replica on a giant scale of this metallic profile of sinous section.
- Architects: EQUIP Xavier Claramunt
- Project: BMW Motor Munich
- Location: C. Joan Costa i Deu 133-134, Sabadell (Barcelona)
- Promoter/owner: Comercial Alari S.A.
- Authors: EQUIP Xavier Claramunt, Martín Ezquerro, Miquel de Mas
- Collaborators: Yago Haro, Marc Zaballa, Josep Piera, Pau Vidal, Ho-Sang, Anne-Sophie de Vargas