Article source: C. F. Møller Architects
The task has been to design the master plan for a new housing district in the Lindholm area of Gothenburg’s old industrial port.
The Lindholm area, dominated by former industrial buildings and shipyards, has been transformed into large-scale business districts and open plazas. The master plan proposal introduces a humane scale and a different architecture focusing on the small-scale urban spaces within the scheme by refining the positioning, geometry and transparency of the buildings.
- Architects: C. F. Møller Architects
- Project: Harbour Stones
- Location: Lindholmen, Gothenburg, Sweden
- Client: Norra Älvstranden Utveckling AB, PEAB and Stadsbyggnadskontoret in Gothenburg
- Landscape Architect: C. F. Møller Architects
- Size: 70.000 m² (approximately 400 living units)
- Address: Lindholmen, Gothenburg, Sweden
- Awards: 1st. Prize in invited competition
- Year of competition: 2010