Article source: Li xiaodong/ Atelier
This project is modest addition to the small village of Huairou on the outskirts of Beijing, just under a two hours drive from busy Beijing urban life.
On the one hand it forms a modern programmatic complement to the village by adding a small library and reading space within a setting of quiet contemplation. On the other hand we wanted to use architecture to enhance the appreciation of the natural landscaping qualities.
- Architect: Li xiaodong/ Atelier
- Name of Project: Liyuan library
- Location: Jiaojiehe Village, Beijing, China
- Team: Li Xiaodong, Liu yayun, Huang chenwen, Pan xi
- Floor Area: 175ｍ２
- Client: Jiaojiehe Village
- Construction period: Mar 2011 – Oct – 2011
- Construction cost: RMB1050,000
- Commissionoing Donors: Luke Him Sau Charitable Trust And Pan Xi