Article source: Pedra Silva Arquitectos
In the world of medicine where leading edge technology and science are key factors in services provided to patients, the opportunity arose to design the premises for an advanced dentistry practice – the Brighton Implant Clinic. The site is a brick Victorian building in Brighton, United Kingdom and is made up of a basement and four floors above ground. The practise is composed of a dental prosthetics lab where dentures and implants are fabricated on the same day as the patient is being treated, allowing the patient to leave the premises with a concluded treatment not having to return to the practice in the future. The practice also has a state of the art CAT scan allowing three-dimensional imagery of the skull in order to assist surgeons in the placement of implants.
- Architects: Pedra Silva Arquitectos
- Project: Brighton Implant Clinic
- Location: Brighton, England
- Coordinator: Luis Pedra Silva
- Team: Nuno Baptista, Jette Fyhn, Hugo Ramos, André Góis
- Software used: Google Sketchup for drafting early solutions, Autodesk Autocad 2010, Autodesk 3ds Max 2010 + Vray