Article source: Casanova + Hernandez Architects
Ginkgo project combines art, technology and architecture to integrate a housing complex in the nature of the existing park located in front.
CONTEXT AND PROGRAM
The project is located near the natural park of Veluwe in the Netherlands with views over an old church and the central park of the small town.
The urban structure of Beekbergen, much like most small towns in the Netherlands, is composed mainly of large single family houses that are not affordable for young people or suitable for older people with mobility problems.
- Architects: Casanova + Hernandez Architects
- Project: Gingko Project
- Location: Beekbergen, The Netherlands
- PROGRAMME: 26 DWELLINGS: 18 APARTMENTS, 8 ROW HOUSING
- SURFACE: 4.100 M2
- DATE: 2007-
- MAIN ARCHITECTS: HELENA CASANOVA, JESUS HERNANDEZ
- MODELS: CASANOVA + HERNANDEZ ARCHITECTS
- COLLAGES AND DRAWINGS: CASANOVA + HERNANDEZ ARCHITECTS
- PHOTOGRAPHY: Christian Richters, John Lewis Marshall, Casanova + Hernandez architects
- Software used: Autcad LT and Photoshop