Article source: Arc2 architecten & MOOST
The Film Theatre Hilversum consists of three cinemas. The glass frontage merges the foyer with the public space outside. The supporting frame is built in laminated wood, and organizes the foyer into a number of cosy niches where audience members can enjoy a drink before the film. The volume of the theatre nestles under a bend in a vehicle ramp. On this side its facade is opaque with a scaly cladding of fibre-cement sheeting.
- Architects: Arc2 architecten & MOOST
- Project: Film Theatre Hilversum
- Location: Hilversum, Netherlands
- Client: Filmtheater Hilversum
- Completion: 2008
- Photography: Martijn Heil