Article source: Studio MWA – Studio Mikulcic Worldwide Architecture
Working on this unique and exciting project , from start, for me has imperative and goals to celebrate good, functional, innovative, sustainable, brave and imaginative architecture, different than ordinary ones, which push ‘boundaries’ of everyday stereotype.
New Residence designed to specially accommodate everyday needs of person on wheel chair incorporate enclosed area of 267 m2, extensive covered outdoor living with big decking around with raised garden and big pond, situated on sloppy site with north aspect with total site area of 2100 m2.
- Architects: Studio MWA – Studio Mikulcic Worldwide Architecture
- Project: Blundell new Residence
- Location: 36 Sylvan Way, Silverstream – Upper Hutt, New Zealand
- Photographs: Ivor Earp Jones & courtesy of studio MWA ltd.
- Client: Mr. Phillip Blundell & Mrs. Helen Blundell
- Author of the project: DaVoR Mikulcic Dipl. Eng. Arch. (Sarajevo) ANZIA, RAIA
- Project Team: DaVoR Mikulcic, Shantanu Kirtikar, Michael Maddern, David Thomson &Daniel Casas
- Structural Engineer: Meyers and Associates Ltd. – Wellington
- Land Surveyor: Lendrums & Associates Ltd. – Upper Hutt
- Principle Use: New Residence for family with person on wheel chair
- Number of stories: single story building
- Size: Floor area 267 m2, terraces app.150 m2, landscaped over 450 m2, sloppy site of 2100 m2.
- Status: Completed
- Cost: NZ $ 850,000.00
- Design & documentation period: June 2003 – December 2004
- Construction period: 2005 – 2008
- Software used: ArchiCAD software in combination with Artlantis studio (renderings and animations)