Article source: Studio MWA – Studio Mikulcic Worldwide Architecture
The House has 3 double bedrooms with a studio. The Main Master bedroom has an ensuite and walk-in wardrobe. House includes 3 individual living areas, and a triple garage. The two bathrooms and a separate visitor toilet like the ensuite, have possible disabled access. The layout allows for separation between the formal living and dining area and separate family living and kitchen area. The third lounge is close to the visitor’s bedrooms, giving opportunity for easy living, for the extended family. All rooms have direct access outside in same level with possibility to use the glorious outdoor space from anywhere. Around house are extensive decking, garden with surrounding native bush and few small lakes – pond areas.
- Architect:.Studio MWA ltd. – studio Mikulcic Worldwide Architecture
- Project: Dulieu Residence – PARATIHO
- Location: 1059 Akatarawa Road – Upper Hutt, New Zealand
- Client: Dianne & Barry Dulieu
- Photographs: Courtesy of studio MWA ltd.
- Author of the project: DaVoR Mikulcic Dipl. Eng. Arch. (Sarajevo) ANZIA, RAIA
- Project Team: DaVoR Mikulcic, Michael Maddern, David Thomson &Daniel Casas
- Structural Engineer: ABUILD – Wellington (Mr. Michael Ives)
- Land surveyor: Lendrums & Associates Ltd. – Upper Hutt
- Geotechnical Engineer: ABUILD – Wellington
- Principle use: Residence
- Site area: 2500 m2
- Software used: ArchiCAD in combination with Artlantis studio and studio 3D Max