Article source: Donner Sorcinelli Architecture
The butterfly house is located near green hills, in the country of Gapyeong (50 km north east from Seoul), which cultural and environmental context has deeply influenced the concept of the building. A building is considered sustainable according to how well it integrates with the natural elements of the surrounding landscape and with the habits of its inhabitants.
- Architects: Donner Sorcinelli Architecture
- Project: Butterfly House
- Location: Gapyeong, South Korea
- Client: Private
- Design team: Luca Donner (team leader), Francesca Sorcinelli, Seong Bong Yun
- Construction: April – September 2010
- Project: December 2009 – April 2010
- Program: No. 2 Apartments
- Built Surface: 217 sq.m.
- Footprint: 180 sq.m.
- Local Architect Studio NakHyunJae, Nak-yong Choi
- Works Manager: NR2, Jun-bo Sim
- Construction Management: NR2, Sang-chun Lee