Article source: HEAD Architecture
When the Hong Kong’s New Territories Exempted House Policy was introduced in 1972, it was intended to improve the standard of housing in rural areas of the New Territories.
Under the policy, every indigenous villager is entitled to apply to build a small house on private land, or on government land at a concessionary premium, within their ancestral village.
- Architects: HEAD Architecture
- Project: House 3098
- Location: Tung Chung, Lantau Island, Hong Kong
- Photography: Graham Uden
- Village: Shep Mun Kap Village
- Area: 700 sqft
- Completion year: 2012
- Developer: Oceanic Properties Limited
- Designer: Mark Panckhurst