Article source: Andrea Maffei Architects
The competition rules required to design five buildings aligned along the Cardo that characterizes the entire masterplan EXPO 2015 until a large circular water lake. They consist in four two-storey linear buildings that contain various exhibition spaces, market and restaurant and the Italian Pavilion itself. This had to be develop in a square area of 57.5 meters side and a maximum height of 25 meters. The Palace was supposed to represent a symbolic message of representation of the beautiful country and we wanted to develop it according to the following concepts.
- Architects: Andrea Maffei Architects
- Project: Italian Pavillion EXPO 2015
- Location: Milan, Italy
- Program: Pavilion for exhibition
- Client: EXPO 2015 S.p.A.
- Competition time: Dec. 2012 – Feb. 2013
- Design team: Takeshi Miura, Alessandra De Stefani, Stefano Bergagna, Takatoshi Oki, Roberto Balduzzi / Andrea Maffei Architects s.r.l. Milano
- Structure: Alberto Ferrari, Steve Alemanno / Ramboll Ltd.
- Facade: Nicoletta Bacchin / Ramboll Ltd.
- Mep plants: Giancarlo Tanzi / Techproject srl
- Firefighting: Maria Elena Perrotta, Giancarlo Tanzi / Techproject srl
- Cost control: Techproject srl
- Security coordination: Techproject srl
- Construction program: Techproject srl
- Net area: 10,146.6 smq.
- Gross area: 12,758.4 smq.
- Maximum height: 25 m
- Materials: concrete, steel, glass, wood