Article source: T2.a ARCHITECTS
On the plot facing the Danube in central Budapest stands a house erected in the Austro-Hungarian Empire, in 1897, originally a barrack. At the outburst of the 1956 Revolution the main demonstration took place on the square, in front of the building – making the facade an icon of the revolt, and part of our common recollection – therefore it become a partly scheduled monument. Later on the house served as a political party’s hall, school, restaurant, office building & fitness centre among others.
- Architects: T2.a ARCHITECTS
- Project: BEM PALACE
- Location: Budapest, Hungary
- Architects: Gábor Turányi & Bence Turányi
- Developer: Europa Real Estate Investment Fund
- Project team: Péter Szabó, Dénes Regőczi