Article source: hyla architects
The living, dining and kitchen areas of this 2-storey semi-detached house have been designed as one large AV and entertainment space, efficiently soundproofed by double glazed sliding-folding doors. The two side walls that flank this space were intentionally built to taper towards the rear.
This creates a slightly funnelled space that not only enhances the acoustic qualities of the room but also enables storage niches along the thicker ends of the walls to house hi-fi equipment.
- Architects: hyla architects
- Project: Acoustic Alchemy
- Location: 14 Crowhurst Drive
- Photography: Derek Swalwell
- Type: New Erection of 2-Storey Semi-Detached Dwelling House with Swimming Pool
- Status: Completed September 2008
- Main Contractor: Toh Kum Swee Pte Ltd
- Structural Engineer: KKC Consultancy Services
- Land Area: 390.80 m2
- GFA: 356.096 m2