Article source: Architect Show Co.,Ltd
The building site is a long, narrow piece of land between a coastline road and a cliff. The key design concept, besides assuring a sufficient living space, was to harmonize with the surrounding natural environment.
The land sits two meters below the roadside, and the natural slope of the land was daringly used without trying to restructure it. The building has a beautifully aesthetic form that makes it appear to be floating in the air. The north side facing the road is flat and simple. When approaching the house in a car, the white form of the west side of the building gradually gets larger, and reflects the sunlight.
Image Courtesy © Toshihisa Ishii
- Architects: Architect Show Co.,Ltd
- Project: I-house
- Location: Sasebo, Japan
- Photography: Toshihisa Ishii
- Builder: ShiraishiconstructionCo.,Ltd.
- District: Kyushu
- Use: Residence
- Site Area: 326.92
- Bldg.Area: 129.18
- Gross Floor Area: 242.98
- Bldg.RCaotvioe rage: 39.51
- Gross Floor Ratio: 66.88
- Bldg.scale: 3 stories above ground
- Structure: Mixed structure(reinforced concrete construction+Wooden)
- Max.Height: 9.451 m
- Parking Lot: Two cars
- Exterior Finish: Undressed concrete,stucco
- Complete year: December,2011
- Client: Mr.Izawa