Article source: atelier HAKO architects
The site is located at the edge of dwelling area close to the sea that is facing the agricultural land spread to the north-east mountain side.
The house was placed on the north side of the site in order to protect the garden from seasonal wind from north in winter.
Internal area was designed with an emphasis on continuity with the garden.
- Architects: atelier HAKO architects
- Project: House
- Location: Oiso, Japan
- Photography: Shinsuke Kera / Urban Arts, atelier HAKO architects
- Structural engineer: Shin’itsu Hiraoka, Hiraoka Structural Engineers
- Completion: March 2010
- Primary usage: private residence
- Structure: wooden construction, two stories above ground
- Clients: couple with two children
- Site area: 155.31 m2
- Building area: 44.86 m2
- Total floor space: 89.72 m2