Article source: BRENDAN CALLANDER
This garden shed was designed and constructed in partnership between UBC architecture students and the Woodlands Community Garden Club. This structure is the focal point of the garden.
It acts as a gathering spot for local education programs and provides a practical storage solution. The unique form of the shed was designed to prevent shadows from being cast on surrounding garden plots while at the same time shading the central meeting space.
- Architects: BRENDAN CALLANDER
- Project: Woodlands Community Garden Shed
- Location: Vancouver, Canada
- Photography: Dave Delnea Images
- Software used: Google sketch up and Autocad.
- Design and Construction Team: Brendan Callander (M.Arch Student – UBC), Jason Pielak (B.Ends Student – UBC), Stella Cheung-Boyland, M.Arch (Woodlands Garden Representative)
- Institutional Partners: University of British Columbia, School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture.