Article source: Oikosvia Arquitectura s.c.c.l
The facility is conceived as an abstraction of an “iron monolith”, compact and of pure shape, which represents in one of its sides a “balma” (in catalan, a type of small cave in the base of a rocky formation) which guides us to the inside.
It is formed by means of an exterior skin, the façade, formed by Weathering Steel plates perforated with little holes of different diameter. The plates reproduce a monochrome version of the geological map of the region.
- Architects: Oikosvia Arquitectura s.c.c.l
- Project: New Headquarters of the Territorial Support Center of the Geological Institute of Catalonia
- Location: 19 Passeig Pompeu Fabra, Tremp, Lleida, Spain
- Photography: Oikosvia Arquitectura
- Longitude: 0.893615 Latitude: 42.161141
- Collaborators: Maria Teresa Lloret Cora, Ramon Casas Alba, Josep Gol i Aluja, Ferran Pulido Roca, Albert Aluja i Pérez, Jaume Alcover Sanchis and Roser Barba Ferrer
- Authors of the project: Oikosvia Arqutiectura s.c.c.l., Manuel Ortiz Alba, Jorge Urbano Salido, Javier Peña Arribas
- Total area: 1,234.74 m2