Article source: Maxwan architects + urbanists
Maxwan was commissioned by VITO, the Flemish institute of technology, to develop an architectural vision for a mixture of offices, laboratories and a geothermal plant on the Balmatt site in Mol, BE.
Maxwan aims to unlock the full potential of this six hectare brownfield site by interweaving buildings, public spaces and landscapes to reflect VITO’s role as a high-end research institute in the field of ecological and economical technology.
- Architects: Maxwan architects + urbanists
- Project: VITO headquarters
- Location: MOL, BELGIUM
- Client: VITO
- Scale: M
- Partner in charge: Rients Dijkstra
- Team leader: Olivier Vet, Artur Borejszo
- Team: Aleksandar Hrib, Elena Chevtchenko, Janneke Earl, Valentina Chiappa Nunez, Kris Schaasberg