Article source: JVA
The Rabot Tourist Cabin is one of many DNT (Norwegian Trekking Association) lodging facilities throughout Norway. It is located at 1200 meters above sea level, close to the glacier at Okstindan in northern Norway. The site is spectacular and the mountains and glaciers are in close proximity. The weather can be extremely harsh and the structure is constructed for heavy winds and storm.
- Architects: JVA
- Project: Rabot Tourist Cabin
- Location: Okstindan, Norway
- Photography: Jan Inge Larsen, Einar Aslaksen, Svein Arne Bryfjeld
- Client: Hemnes Turistforening
- Size: Main cabin: 200 m2,secondary rescue hut: 70 m2
- Schedule: Main cabin: completed august 2014. Rescue hut: scheduled completion 2015.
- Consultants: Walter Jacobsen MNT, RAMBØLL AS, MBA Entreprenør AS
- Primary architects: Einar Jarmund, Håkon Vigsnæs, Alessandra Kosberg, Ane Sønderaal Tolfsen