Article source: Bondanelli Design Group
Article source: Dror
WeCross by Dror is a creative lab and a dynamic platform of shared-office space bringing together selected innovators and creative talents in disciplines including design, architecture, graphic and new digital technology, communication and more.
This informal team curated by Dror fosters creative and cognitive ideas as well as innovative design to solve business challenges and improve our global lifestyle and environments.
- Architects: Dror
- Project: WeCross
- Location: West SoHo, New York
Article source: Holler Architecture
It is a typical situation: first-time buyers of a small Brooklyn apartment in need of a gut renovation spend almost all their savings on the down payment and hence need to do an extremely economical renovation.
In addition to the limited budget the design challenge was to increase the living space by creating an open plan and improving functionality of the spaces, with built-in furniture and adequate storage. Careful attention was given to the use of sustainable design strategies and materials in order to minimize environmental impact.
- Architects: Holler Architecture
- Project: Clinton Hill Apartment
- Location: Brooklyn, New York
- Completed: 2010
Article source: Garrison Architects
The Staten Island Animal Care Center is designed to encourage the adoption of animals while creating a humane and controlled environment during their stay. In addition, the program requires unique circulation patterns to provide for the routing and isolation of well, sick, and un-examined animals as they are processed and tended to. The building is sheathed in a highly insulating, translucent polycarbonate envelope that provides four times the insulating value of glass, maximizes the benefits of natural light, and allows for a very light weight structure.
- Architects: Garrison Architects
- Project: Staten Island Animal Care Center
- Location: Staten Island, New York
- Section determined by daylighting maximization and cross ventilation
- Temperature controlled passive ventilation
- Heat recovery ventilation system
- Insulated multi cell R10 polycarbonate skin
- Photocell controlled high efficiency lighting
- Recycled steel components
- High fly ash concrete and CMU
- Recycled polycarbonate
- Recycling stations
- Water recovery system
- Solar thermal water heating
- Thermal modeling in design stage
- Designed to minimize construction waste
Article source: Aetrangere
AN URBAN BIOSCAPE
While society is becoming more complex, two social dynamics could have an enormous incidence in the way that public space will perform in the future. People have a growing concern about environmental matters while an increasing access to information in real time ( and to the mobile media technologies that make it possible) are defying the classical conception of public space, redefining our expectations and confronting it to evolving demands for a wide range of new social experiences.
- Architects: Aetrangere
- Project: Seattle Center HUB (Hybrid Urban Bioscape)
- Location: Seattle Center, Seattle, USA
- Photo credit: Aetrangere
- Project Description: New main Public Space for Seattle Center
- Type: Open International Ideas Competition
- Client: Seattle Center Foundation
- Program: Public space, parking, open air performance area, football stadium, sustainable facilities, office, exhibition space, retail, green area, restaurant, café
- Site Area: 36 500 sqm
- Project Area: 10 000 sqm
- Scope: Architectural, Urban and Landscape Concept Design
- Project Year: 2012
- Project Leader: Mario Caceres
- Team: Mario Caceres, Architect and Urban Planner, Christian Canonico, Architect and Engineer
- Renderings: Inimagenable
Article source: Perkins Eastman
The Porter Street Residences house visiting scholars participating in various exchange programs administered in the United States by one of Washington, DC’s prominent embassies, in addition to accommodating both permanent and rotating embassy staff. Replacing an existing, outmoded building, the new 63,000 sf facility consists of 27 apartment units, administrative offices, as well as a variety of public spaces including a multi-purpose reception hall, library, cafeteria and private dining rooms, community rooms, lounge, and a fitness center.
- Architects: Perkins Eastman
- Project: Porter Street Residences
- Location: Washington DC
Article source: Foster + Partners
Foster + Partners wins competition for new tower at 425 Park Avenue, New York
Foster + Partners is delighted to be selected by a partnership of L&L Holding Company and Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. (LBHI) to design their new office tower at 425 Park Avenue. The new building will create an enduring landmark that befits its exclusive location, and is uniquely of its time and its place.
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: 425 Park Avenue
- Location: New York
- Photo: dbox / Foster + Partners
Article source: Holm Architecture Office
When Olafur Eliasson created his sun he proposed a celebration of the day. For this year’s Nuit Blanche / Bring The Night to Light Festival in Brooklyn, New York, we propose a similar celebration, this time of the night.
The Double Moon installation aims to inspire imagination and focus attention on things that, while often taken for granted, define our daily—and nightly—lives.
- Architects: Holm Architecture Office
- Project: Double Moon Installation
- Location: Greenpoint Waterfront, Brooklyn, New York
- Program: Art Installation
- Type: Competition
- Size: 24’ x 18’
- Client: NA
- Status: Shortlisted, Results Pending
Article source: Walters-Storyk Design Group (WSDG)
Nearly twenty years after the debut of their multi-faceted MBK Entertainment dynasty, company founders Jeff Robinson along with partners Jeanine Mclean, Misha Hedman and Suzette Williams have moved to expansive new offices and, created OZ, a world-class recording studio. The thriving multimedia company has honed a ‘methodical’ approach to talent development, a technique highlighted by the spectacular career of multi-Grammy-winner Alicia Keys and newcomer, Elle Varner (RCA). Today MBK’s mission encompasses musical genres ranging from R&B to Rap and Pop, and includes marketing, publishing, TV, film and concert promotion divisions. In addition to Keys on the production side, the MBK talent roster boasts rising star, RCA recording artist Gabi Wilson, Daisha and blue-eyed soul artists Allen Stone and Anthony Hall. The completion of the pivotal studio addition to the expanding company’s creative arsenal opens up a brand new option for MBK clients and independent artists.
- Architects: Walters-Storyk Design Group (WSDG)
- Project: MBK Entertainment
- Location: New York
- Photography: Cheryl Fleming
- Contractors: Kevin Carrol, Mark Jakubek
- Software used: Revit – For acoustic accommodation details; ABEC 2 – For the low frequency analysis
Article source: Jose Antonio Gonzalez Architects Inc
The architecture and design proposed for the new Restaurant and Bar “Frida Mexican Cuisine” at the Americana on Brand development is based on a concept that combines tradition, hospitality and festivity, three elements that had shaped the identity of the country, the ideology of its people, and the flavor of its cuisine.
- Architects: Jose Antonio Gonzalez Architects Inc
- Project: Frida Mexican Cuisine Glendale
- Location: “Americana on Brand” Retail and Residential development, Glendale CA
- Size: 6,000 sf + 1,800 sf terrace