Article source: Igor Sirotov Architect
Article source: Grant Associates
The new Far East Organization Children’s Garden opens at Singapore’s Gardens by the Bay tomorrow, 21 January 2014, designed by Grant Associates – the UK landscape architects behind the Supertrees and masterplanners of the award-winning Gardens by the Bay.
- Architects: Grant Associates
- Project: Children’s Garden opens at Singapore’s Gardens
Article source: Metropolis Communication
A coloured concrete monolith extends the existing station to host the MUS, the town’s museum of urban and social history. The extension forms the foundation for the station, with its smooth, slightly tilted façade unfolding and running up to the surrounding retaining walls. The station has been preserved in its original form, and the new foundation creates a space for a raised terrace which can be used for openings, educational events or outdoor exhibitions.
- Architects: Encore Heureux and AAVP
- Project: The New Suresnes Museum
- Location: France
- Photography: Luc Boegly + Cyrus Cornut
Article source: Goettsch Partners
Located adjacent to the Shenzhen Bay Sports Center athletic complex, the new Hotel Kapok, designed by Goettsch Partners (GP), is a 19-story boutique hotel with 242 rooms. The design attempts to provide the guest with a unique spatial quality that eliminates the cloistered and disorienting nature of typical hotel corridors. In response, a pinwheel plan was developed, allowing for corridors that end in vision glass with a punctuation of light and views.
- Architects: Goettsch Partners
- Project: Hotel Kapok Shenzhen Bay
- Location: China
- Software used: AutoCAD, Sketchup, 3DS Max and Photoshop
Article source: AG5
AG5 in collaboration with Consulting engineers Jens Peter Madsen have designed a new 1.060m ² extension to Frederiksberg sports hall. The sports facilities are the home to the well-known handball and football clubs such as FIF, BK Ydun and FA2000.
The project is an extension to the existing sports complex and is conceived as the head of the snake in the story about the Little Prince (Le Petit Prince) where the narrator explains that, as a young boy, he once drew a picture of a boa constrictor with an elephant digesting in its stomach; however, every adult who saw the picture would mistakenly interpret it as a drawing of a hat. Whenever the narrator would try to correct this confusion, he was ultimately advised to set aside drawing and take up a more practical or mature hobby.
- Architects: AG5
- Project: Frederiksberg Halls
- Location: Danmark
- Software used: Bentley Architecture
- Status: Completed
- Client: FIU, Frederiksberg Idræts Union
- Engineer: Jens Peter Madsen, Consulting Engineers
- Year: Building start spring 2013
- Area: 1.060m²(incl.250m² terrace.)
- Software used: AECOsim Building Designer
Article source: Söhne & Partner Architects
The first LOVE F CAFÉ is placed at the formerly most exclusive and prominent corner in Vienna – the “SIRK-corner”. The Café, owned by TV cannel Fashion-TV, is set in the middle of the broad entry into the traditional Viennese city center, succeeding in striking a bridge between modernity and tradition.
- Architects: Söhne & Partner Architects (Sarah Bimingstorfer)
- Project: I LOVE F CAFE
- Location: Vienna, Austria
Article source: Tomas Ghisellini Architects
An interesting operation of urban renewal in a brave tiny center among the early hills of Bergamo. The construction of a new primary school similar to a defensive inhabited urban border with a green heart, following a successful contest of ideas the Studio was proclaimed winner of, was joined in about a year from the education building’s completion, by the integral redefinition of the municipal private courtyards, hitherto treated as merely residual unused spaces.
- Architects: Tomas Ghisellini Architects
- Project: HOME CARPET
- Location: Bergamo, Italy
- Photography: Tomas Ghisellini Architects
- Client: Municipality of Cenate Sotto
- Chronology: September-December 2012 > project, January-May 2013 > construction
- Collaborators: Michele Marchi, Alice Marzola
- Landscaping: Tomas Ghisellini Architects
- Total cost: 270,000.00 euros
- Total Surface: 4,200 sqm
- General Contractor: Poledil srl, Trescore Balneario (Bg)
- Lighting: Viabizzuno
- Paving: GLS Prefabricados
Article source: Carlo Bagliani
This space was a new building in 2005-2007 designed by Carlo Bagliani + Vittorio Caponnetto + ValterScelsi, Sp10 (www.sp10.it) as a garage for cars, and then published in 2011 by Casabella (n.799) as “space for art”.
In 2013 the whole inner space was completely redesigned by Carlo Bagliani (with Stefano Mattioni and Pamela Cassisa, www.carlobagliani.it) in order to settle a new office of architecture.
- Architects: Carlo Bagliani
- Project: Underground Garage
- Location: Via Vassallo, Genova, Italy
- Photography: Anna Positano & Nuvola Ravera
- Project assistant: Stefano Mattioni
- Design Team: Pamela Cassisa
- Furniture design: Antonio Norero
- Surface: 305 mq
Article source: SLADE ARCHITECTURE
The Clubhouse is a hybrid -private members club, boutique hotel lobby, restaurant and chic bar. Bounded on two sides by expansive views over the jet ways, aircraft and the iconic TWA terminal, the lounge picks up on the glamour of the ‘60s air travel with an uptown vibe.
- Architects: SLADE ARCHITECTURE
- Project: Virgin Atlantic JFK Clubhouse
- Location: New York, U.S.A
Article source: Ricardo Bak Gordon
The modernisation project of the D. Dinis Secondary School was particularly pioneering in the context of the reforms being carried out by Parque Escolar, and simultaneously corresponds to a typology that includes around 70% of the secondary schools in Portugal – the pavilion schools.
- Architects: Ricardo Bak Gordon
- Project: D. DINIS SECONDARY SCHOOL
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal
- Photography: FG+SG
- Design phase: 2007
- Construction phase: 2007 – 2008
- Client: Parque Escolar EPE
- Collaborators: Luís Pedro Pinto, Pedro Serrazina, Sónia Silva , Vera Higino, Walter Perdigão.
- Structural engineering: BETAR
- Landscape design: PROAP
- General contractor: MOTA-ENGIL
- Site area: 25.730 m2
- Built area: 1500.00m2
- Cost per m2: 800.00 €