Archive for the ‘Institute’ Category
Tuesday, September 30th, 2014
Article source: eleven nine interior design office
We had the 1st floor entrance of the pro-design vocational school renovated into a main one. We proposed to have another added-value, other than learning and acquiring technical knowledge, incorporated in the space, in addition to the value of going to the school.
Image Courtesy © Seiryou Yamada
- Architects: eleven nine interior design office
- Project: VANTAN DESIGN INSTITUTE OSAK
- Location: 2-8-5 Shinsaibashi Osaka Chuo-ku, Osaka Japan
- Photography: Seiryou Yamada
- Area: 330m2
- Year: 2009
Sunday, September 28th, 2014
Article source: C.F. Møller
H. M. the Queen of Denmark opens the newly built research facilities for the Danish Meat Research Institute at the Danish Technological Institute in Taastrup – some of the world’s most advanced in food production.
The Danish Meat Research Institute (DMRI) develops solutions for the international meat industry and provide consultancy both nationally and internationally.
Image Courtesy © C.F. Møller
- Architects: C.F. Møller
- Project: Research facilities for the Danish Meat Research Institute
- Location: Taastrup, Denmark
Friday, August 29th, 2014
Article source: Dobrosi Tamás
Felcsút is a community of 1800 souls in the Váli Valley, 40 kilometers west of Budapest, the capital of Hungary. Since 2004, the locality hosts the largest education center for aspiring young footballers in the country; an institution named in 2006 after one of the greatest football legends in history, Olympic champion,European Cup winner and World Cup silver medalist Ferenc Puskás.
Image Courtesy © György Dénes
- Architects: Dobrosi Tamás
- Project: Pancho Arena
- Location: Felcsút, Hungary
- Photography: György Dénes, László Döme Jr, József Takács, Tamás Dósa Papp
- Project Team: Imre Balázs Arnóczki, Antal Szegedi, Krisztina Törekiné Bakó, László Király, Ferenc Vavrik, Barna Jóföldi, Oszkár Orbán, Lídia Mikus, Olivér Kis-Simon, Tamás Dósa Papp
- Client: A Felcsúti Utánpótlás Neveléséért Alapítvány
Saturday, August 9th, 2014
Article source: HOFLAB & HOFPRO
The headquarters of the unified building institutions of the province of Perugia (Centro Edile per la Sicurezza e la Formazione and Cassa Edile) acts as a connecting element within its very heterogeneous semi-peripheral urban context, both typologically and figuratively. This is characterized by a combination of the macroscopic scale, represented by warehouses and shopping structures, and the microscopic one, represented by detached dwellings.
Image Courtesy © Dario Diarena
- Architects: HOFLAB & HOFPRO
- Project: Citadel of Construction
- Location: Perugia, Italy
- Photography: Dario Diarena
- Software used: AutoCAD, and different 3d software products
- Clients: Cassa Edile della Provincia di Perugia, Centro Edile per la Sicurezza e la Formazione
- Architect In Charge: HOFLAB (Paolo Belardi, Carl Volckerts), HOFPRO (Alessio Burini), Valeria Menchetelli
- Project: 2007-2009
- Construction: 2010-2013
- Construction management: HOFPRO (Alessio Burini), Area Progetto Associati (Marco Balducci), Flu.Project (Mario Lucarelli, Enrico Malà), Drisaldi Associati (Gianni Drisaldi), Siro Ercolani.
- Artistic direction: HOFLAB (Paolo Belardi, Carl Volckerts)
- Interior design: HOFLAB (Paolo Belardi, Matteo Scoccia), HOFPRO (Alessio Burini)
- Structural design: Area Progetto Associati (Marco Balducci, Roberto Regni, Francesco Bartocci)
- Mechanical services design: Flu.Project (Mario Lucarelli, Enrico Malà)
- Electrical services design: Drisaldi Associati (Gianni Drisaldi, Gloria Drisaldi)
- Fire prevention design: Flu.Project (Michele Bartoccini)
- Safety coordination: Area Progetto Associati (Marco Balducci)
- Vegetation design: Enrica Bizzarri
- Project manager: Massimo Marinelli
- Contractors: Seprim sas, Edilcostruzioni srl
- Plot area: 6.900 mq ca.
- Building surface: 7.800 mq ca.
- Volume: 18.000 mc ca.
Sunday, July 6th, 2014
Article source: ATELIER KEMPE THILL
The team Atelier Kempe Thill (Rotterdam) and aNNo architects (Ghent) has recently won the international competition for the renovation and expansion of the Maritime Academy in Antwerp. The project is located in the north of the historic centre of Antwerp, at the prominent bend of the river Schelde. The proposed plan of approximately 15.000m2 in total consists out of three main parts.
Image Courtesy © ATELIER KEMPE THILL
- Architects: ATELIER KEMPE THILL
- Project: Antwerp Maritime Academy
- Location: Noordkasteel Oost 6, 2300 Antwerp, Belgium
- Client: Antwerp Maritime Academy, Belgium
- Team architects: Atelier Kempe Thill Architects and Planners, Rotterdam / The Netherlands, aNNo architecten Ghent / Belgium
Sunday, July 6th, 2014
Article source: v2com
The Aanischaaukamikw Cree Cultural Institute has the mission of transmitting the traditional Cree culture it draws upon to future generations. The building’s concept turns to the classic architecture of the Cree people’s traditional longhouse, the shaptuan, and to the particular context of the village of Oujé-Bougoumou. In this village, built in 1992 and unique in many respects, the main buildings were set within a broad circle in the centre of the village. The Aanischaaukamikw Institute rounds out the layout of this space, where the Band Council office is also located.
Image Courtesy © Mitch Lenet
- Architects: RUBIN & ROTMAN ARCHITECTS
- Project: Aanischaaukamikw Cree Cultural Institute
- Location: Oujé-Bougoumou, Canada
- Photography: Mitch Lenet
- Client: Aanischaaukamikw Cree Cultural Institute
- Year of Construction: 2011
- Cost of Construction: $10 million
- Team Members: Stephen Rotman, Bruno Morin, Roberto Campos, Pascale Tétrault
- General Contractor: Aecon Group Ltd.
- In collaboration with: Douglas Cardinal, Architect
Friday, June 27th, 2014
Article source: ABIN DESIGN STUDIO
Kolkata is an ancient city in eastern part of India. Post Independence, this city has not grown like others in India, and has not yet adopted architectural characters. On the contrary this city is becoming more chaotic & mono dramatic. But the city definitely has vibrant life, and people here have love for Art & Culture. As client vision was to give the most expressive, vibrant, technologically advanced & sustainable management institute, we thought about adding colours to city life.
View towards the entrance, Image Courtesy © ABIN DESIGN STUDIO
- Architects: ABIN DESIGN STUDIO (ABIN CHAUDHURI)
- Project: INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE
- Location: Kolkata, India
Thursday, June 19th, 2014
Article source: Bruno Camara Architects
Levitation over the history of Portugal, is the concept of the project that inspires young people of Guimarães in areas such as multimedia and film, increasing experimentation with new technologies integrated in culture, introducing the concept of a learning center Portugal.
Image Courtesy © Bruno Camara Architects
- Architects: Bruno Camara Architects
- Project: Guimarães Learning Center
- Location: Guimarães, Portugal
- AREA: 60 sqm
- Design Team: Bruno Câmara, Luis Ferreira, Pedro Gomes
- Structure: Isaque Vaz
Sunday, June 15th, 2014
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
The Issam Fares Institute for Public Policy and International Affairs (IFI) building by Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA) at the American University of Beirut (AUB) continues the on-going implementation of the 2002 AUB Campus Master Planby Sasaki Associates(in collaboration with Machado and Silvetti, MGT of America, and Dar Al-Handasa, Shair and Partners)to advance the university’s academic mission in the 21st Century with facilities of the highest international standards.
Image Courtesy © Hufton + Crow
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: Issam Fares Institute for Public Policy and International Affairsat
- Location: American University in Beirut, Lebanon
- Photography: Hufton + Crow, Luke Hayes
- University President: Dr Peter Dorman
- Facilities for Design & Planning Unit Director: Bassem Baroumi
- IFI Project Manager: Alain Eid
- Director:Dr Rami Khouri
- Design: Zaha Hadid and Patrik Schumacher
- ZHA Project Architect: Saleem A. Jalil
- ZHA Project Team: Christos Passas, Saleem A. Jalil, Graham Modlen, Human Talebi, Brandon Buck,MiyaUshida
- ZHA Competition team: Saleem A. Jalil, RokhsanaRakhshani, Teakjin Kim, Ben Holland, CharbelChagoury, AnasYounes, Fulvio Wirtz, Mariagrazia Lanza, Renata Dantas.
- Local Architect: Rafik El Khoury& Partners (Hazar Mansour, Roger Skaff)
- Structural Engineering: Rafik El Khoury& Partners (Rafik El Khoury, Georges Sfeir, MayaCharry, Guy Ghosn, Roger Skaff)
- Mechanical Engineering: ZEF London (DD stage) /Rabih. Rafik El Khoury& Partners(IssamMourrad)
- Electrical Engineering: Rafik El Khoury& Partners (Karim Nammar)
- Acoustic Consultant:Rafik El Khoury& Partners (WassimSader)
Thursday, June 5th, 2014
Archshowcase: A-001 Taller de Arquitectura
“Fashion speaks louder than words”
Design process provides spaces with significance masks from the material, color and ornamentation, it supplants the essence for a new one as part of the creation of an architectural show.
ReMake Up is concieved as part of creating the new identity for the Professional Image Institute (IDIP) in Mexico City; this, through a process of architectural makeup removing which exhibits the natural and rawness of the elements, just like model without any makeup.
Image Courtesy © Moritz Bernoully
- Architects: A-001 Taller de Arquitectura
- Project: ReMake Up
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Photography: Moritz Bernoully
- Project Area: 200 m2
- Year: 2014