Archive for the ‘Institute’ Category
Sunday, July 6th, 2014
Article source: v2com
The Aanischaaukamikw Cree Cultural Institute has the mission of transmitting the traditional Cree culture it draws upon to future generations. The building’s concept turns to the classic architecture of the Cree people’s traditional longhouse, the shaptuan, and to the particular context of the village of Oujé-Bougoumou. In this village, built in 1992 and unique in many respects, the main buildings were set within a broad circle in the centre of the village. The Aanischaaukamikw Institute rounds out the layout of this space, where the Band Council office is also located.
Image Courtesy © Mitch Lenet
- Architects: RUBIN & ROTMAN ARCHITECTS
- Project: Aanischaaukamikw Cree Cultural Institute
- Location: Oujé-Bougoumou, Canada
- Photography: Mitch Lenet
- Client: Aanischaaukamikw Cree Cultural Institute
- Year of Construction: 2011
- Cost of Construction: $10 million
- Team Members: Stephen Rotman, Bruno Morin, Roberto Campos, Pascale Tétrault
- General Contractor: Aecon Group Ltd.
- In collaboration with: Douglas Cardinal, Architect
Friday, June 27th, 2014
Article source: ABIN DESIGN STUDIO
Kolkata is an ancient city in eastern part of India. Post Independence, this city has not grown like others in India, and has not yet adopted architectural characters. On the contrary this city is becoming more chaotic & mono dramatic. But the city definitely has vibrant life, and people here have love for Art & Culture. As client vision was to give the most expressive, vibrant, technologically advanced & sustainable management institute, we thought about adding colours to city life.
View towards the entrance, Image Courtesy © ABIN DESIGN STUDIO
- Architects: ABIN DESIGN STUDIO (ABIN CHAUDHURI)
- Project: INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE
- Location: Kolkata, India
Thursday, June 19th, 2014
Article source: Bruno Camara Architects
Levitation over the history of Portugal, is the concept of the project that inspires young people of Guimarães in areas such as multimedia and film, increasing experimentation with new technologies integrated in culture, introducing the concept of a learning center Portugal.
Image Courtesy © Bruno Camara Architects
- Architects: Bruno Camara Architects
- Project: Guimarães Learning Center
- Location: Guimarães, Portugal
- AREA: 60 sqm
- Design Team: Bruno Câmara, Luis Ferreira, Pedro Gomes
- Structure: Isaque Vaz
Sunday, June 15th, 2014
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
The Issam Fares Institute for Public Policy and International Affairs (IFI) building by Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA) at the American University of Beirut (AUB) continues the on-going implementation of the 2002 AUB Campus Master Planby Sasaki Associates(in collaboration with Machado and Silvetti, MGT of America, and Dar Al-Handasa, Shair and Partners)to advance the university’s academic mission in the 21st Century with facilities of the highest international standards.
Image Courtesy © Hufton + Crow
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: Issam Fares Institute for Public Policy and International Affairsat
- Location: American University in Beirut, Lebanon
- Photography: Hufton + Crow, Luke Hayes
- University President: Dr Peter Dorman
- Facilities for Design & Planning Unit Director: Bassem Baroumi
- IFI Project Manager: Alain Eid
- Director:Dr Rami Khouri
- Design: Zaha Hadid and Patrik Schumacher
- ZHA Project Architect: Saleem A. Jalil
- ZHA Project Team: Christos Passas, Saleem A. Jalil, Graham Modlen, Human Talebi, Brandon Buck,MiyaUshida
- ZHA Competition team: Saleem A. Jalil, RokhsanaRakhshani, Teakjin Kim, Ben Holland, CharbelChagoury, AnasYounes, Fulvio Wirtz, Mariagrazia Lanza, Renata Dantas.
- Local Architect: Rafik El Khoury& Partners (Hazar Mansour, Roger Skaff)
- Structural Engineering: Rafik El Khoury& Partners (Rafik El Khoury, Georges Sfeir, MayaCharry, Guy Ghosn, Roger Skaff)
- Mechanical Engineering: ZEF London (DD stage) /Rabih. Rafik El Khoury& Partners(IssamMourrad)
- Electrical Engineering: Rafik El Khoury& Partners (Karim Nammar)
- Acoustic Consultant:Rafik El Khoury& Partners (WassimSader)
Thursday, June 5th, 2014
Archshowcase: A-001 Taller de Arquitectura
“Fashion speaks louder than words”
Design process provides spaces with significance masks from the material, color and ornamentation, it supplants the essence for a new one as part of the creation of an architectural show.
ReMake Up is concieved as part of creating the new identity for the Professional Image Institute (IDIP) in Mexico City; this, through a process of architectural makeup removing which exhibits the natural and rawness of the elements, just like model without any makeup.
Image Courtesy © Moritz Bernoully
- Architects: A-001 Taller de Arquitectura
- Project: ReMake Up
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Photography: Moritz Bernoully
- Project Area: 200 m2
- Year: 2014
Sunday, February 23rd, 2014
Article source: McCarthy Building Companies
Bringing to life what is sure to become one of San Diego’s most iconic buildings, McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.has completed construction for the new J. Craig Venter Institute(JCVI), La Jolla, located on a 1.75-acre scenic site at 4120 Torrey Pines Road on the University of California, San Diego, (UCSD) campus.
Image Courtesy © Stephen Whalen Photography
- Project: J. Craig Venter Institute
- Location: San Diego, California
- Photography: Stephen Whalen Photography
Tuesday, February 11th, 2014
Article source: Ghigos Ideas
The project for the new SAE campus in Milan works with the brand multiplication. The logo is translated into signage, furnishing and architecture, in order to communicate the company identity, mission and values to let more effectively experience those by students and people. SAE visual identity, constituted by horizontal lines, is broken down into its elements to turn into an architectural element, thus a more effective communication tool.
Image Courtesy © Ghigos Ideas
- Architects: Ghigos Ideas
- Project: SAE Institute new campus
- Location: Milan, Italy
Sunday, November 10th, 2013
Article source: Banker Wire
MUKWONAGO, WI…In September 2013, Manatee Technical Institute celebrated its 50th anniversary in a new main campus facility. Featuring railing infill panels woven by Banker Wire, the Bradenton, FL, ‘Main Campus’ is a state-of-the-art facility that is home to post-secondary adult, career and technical education programs.
Image Courtesy © Banker Wire
- Project: Manatee Technical Institute
- Location: Bradenton, FL, U.S.A
Friday, October 11th, 2013
Article source: Sol89
Located in one of the lots of the former International Exposition of 1992 in Seville, a tertiary landscape saturated with high-flown singularities, a heritage from the exhibition´s pavilions, the competition includes areas for certain medical specialties the surface of which is proportional to the capital invested in each of them. From this proportionality, we proposed a section shaped as a bar chart, setting up three linked voids forming a large space that develops the Center´s circulation and activities.
Image Courtesy © Jesús Granada
- Architects: Sol89
- Project: ANDALUSIAN INSTITUTE OF BIOTECHNOLOGY
- Location: SEVILLE, SPAIN
- Photography: Jesús Granada
- Technical Architect: Victor Batzan Cascales.
- Contributors: David Rodriguez, an architecture student.
- Structure: Alejandro Cabanas, Industrial Engineer.
- Facilities: Insur JG.
- Living intervention: 6398.74 m²
- Promoter: Tecnolaser SA
- Construction: Level-Econivel SA
Thursday, June 6th, 2013
Article source: Wonk architectes
The IFSanté is a 3200 square-meter Health Formation Institute building in Lomme, France, for the Catholic University. The site is near the Saint-Philibert Hospital and the subway, in a new neighborhood named “Humanicité” and composed of several open blocks crossed by a large pedestrian avenue.
Image Courtesy © julien lanoo
- Architects: Wonk architectes
- Project: IFSante
- Location: Lille, France
- Photography: Julien Lanoo
- Program: Enseignement : formation universitaire d’infirmier et cadres de santé
- Area: 3 200m²
- Budget: 4 403 420.00 € HT
- Client: SCI des Facultés Catholiques de Lille
- Engineering: Projex Ingénierie, Diagobat, Daniel Caucheteux
- Year: 2012