Archive for the ‘Airport’ Category
Saturday, September 3rd, 2011
Article source: RSA Design Group
The existing airport in Baku currently serves both international and domestic flights. The local airport authority is currently in the process of building a new international terminal building. RSA Design Group was asked to submit a proposal for the renovation of the existing building. The renovated structure would be repurposed as a domestic terminal, with all international flights passing through the new terminal building.
- Architects: RSA Design Group
- Project: Heydar Aliyev International Airport
- Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
Thursday, August 11th, 2011
Article source: inFORM studio
The Terminal Expansion Capacity Program for the Myrtle Beach International Airport demonstrated a need to develop a new terminal for airport operations and additional gates to serve the increased passenger load. The $129 million project, governed by a tight budget and site parameters, includes a new ticketing lobby, baggage claim, baggage handling, TSA screening, a new 5 gate concourse and connector bridge to existing concourse with an additional gate integrated into the bridge to maximize the efficiency of circulation space.
Final Front Rendering
- Architect: inFORM studio
- Name of Project: Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR)
- Location: Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Type: Terminal Capacity Enhancement Program
- Total Project: 218,661 sq. ft.
- Construction Cost: $72 million
Wednesday, July 6th, 2011
Article source: Asymptote Architecture
Zurich AirSpace by Asymptote integrates elegance in design with a sense of timelessness, engineered precision, housing a a wide range of programmatic functions. The basic premise of AirSpace is the interplay of a wide range of functions centered on luxury commerce, state-of-the-art medical facilities, cultural venues and higher education facilities, all in close proximity to the active hub of the Zurich Airport.
- ARCHITECT: Asymptote Architecture
- NAME OF PROJECT: Zurich AirSpace
- LOACTION: Zurich, Switzerland
- SIZE: 115,000 sq. m
- DATE: 2009 – Ongoing
Friday, June 3rd, 2011
Article source: b720 Fermín Vázquez Arquitectos
The programme of requirements includes a terminal building, a control tower, and two spaces for storages. Given their size, none of these elements were obvious candidates to represent a new airport. The strategy pursued therefore seeked to link the three programmes by means of a common visual element that avoids the impression that a strange object has landed in the fields of Lleida while also defining a recognisable landmark.
Airport (Image Courtesy Adrià Goula)
- Architects: b720 Fermín Vázquez Arquitectos
- Project: Lleida-Alguaire Airport
- Location: Alguaire, Lleida. Spain
- Competition phase: June – September 2007
- Construction phase: February 2008 – January 2010
- b720 team: Fermín Vázquez, Peco Mulet, Mónica Xampeny, Zelia Alves, Daniel Valdés, Iván Arellano, Gemma Ojea, Magdalena Ostornol, Egbert Oosterhoof, Sandra Palou, Jaime Luaces, Alessandro Zanchetta, Ángel Gaspar (models), Oriol Roig (3D)
Saturday, April 16th, 2011
Terminal 1 of Barcelona Airport
The project won the first prize in competition in 2001 and has been awarded as the best airport of Europe with ACI EUROPE 2010 prize.
Night View of Barcelona Airport New Terminal
- Architect: RICARDO BOFILL TALLER DE ARQUITECTURA
- Name of Project: Barcelona Airport New Terminal
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Gross floor area: 525.500 m2 (+ parking + CEN)
- Total cost: 800,000,000 €
- Client: AENA
Saturday, February 5th, 2011
The new built airport is part of Georgia’s ambitious plans to develop tourism in Mestia. The beautiful medieval town with its stone defensive towers is part of UNESCO’s list of World Heritage Sites and also famous as ski-resort. With the unveiling of the airport on December 24th the building was designed and constructed within 3 months.
New Airport Building
- Architects: J. MAYER H. Architects
- Project Team: Juergen Mayer H., Jesko Malkolm Johnsson-Zahn, Hugo Reis, Mehrdad Mashaie, Max Reinhardt
- Project: October – December 2010
- Completion: December 2010
- Client: Tbilisi International Airport
- Architect on Site: Beka Pkhakadze
- Construction by ANAGI ltd.,
- Photographs: J. MAYER H.
- Total Floor Area: 250 sq.m.