Archive for the ‘Airport’ Category
Wednesday, July 6th, 2011
Article source: Asymptote Architecture
Zurich AirSpace by Asymptote integrates elegance in design with a sense of timelessness, engineered precision, housing a a wide range of programmatic functions. The basic premise of AirSpace is the interplay of a wide range of functions centered on luxury commerce, state-of-the-art medical facilities, cultural venues and higher education facilities, all in close proximity to the active hub of the Zurich Airport.
- ARCHITECT: Asymptote Architecture
- NAME OF PROJECT: Zurich AirSpace
- LOACTION: Zurich, Switzerland
- SIZE: 115,000 sq. m
- DATE: 2009 – Ongoing
Friday, June 3rd, 2011
Article source: b720 Fermín Vázquez Arquitectos
The programme of requirements includes a terminal building, a control tower, and two spaces for storages. Given their size, none of these elements were obvious candidates to represent a new airport. The strategy pursued therefore seeked to link the three programmes by means of a common visual element that avoids the impression that a strange object has landed in the fields of Lleida while also defining a recognisable landmark.
Airport (Image Courtesy Adrià Goula)
- Architects: b720 Fermín Vázquez Arquitectos
- Project: Lleida-Alguaire Airport
- Location: Alguaire, Lleida. Spain
- Competition phase: June – September 2007
- Construction phase: February 2008 – January 2010
- b720 team: Fermín Vázquez, Peco Mulet, Mónica Xampeny, Zelia Alves, Daniel Valdés, Iván Arellano, Gemma Ojea, Magdalena Ostornol, Egbert Oosterhoof, Sandra Palou, Jaime Luaces, Alessandro Zanchetta, Ángel Gaspar (models), Oriol Roig (3D)
Saturday, April 16th, 2011
Terminal 1 of Barcelona Airport
The project won the first prize in competition in 2001 and has been awarded as the best airport of Europe with ACI EUROPE 2010 prize.
Night View of Barcelona Airport New Terminal
- Architect: RICARDO BOFILL TALLER DE ARQUITECTURA
- Name of Project: Barcelona Airport New Terminal
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Gross floor area: 525.500 m2 (+ parking + CEN)
- Total cost: 800,000,000 €
- Client: AENA
Saturday, February 5th, 2011
The new built airport is part of Georgia’s ambitious plans to develop tourism in Mestia. The beautiful medieval town with its stone defensive towers is part of UNESCO’s list of World Heritage Sites and also famous as ski-resort. With the unveiling of the airport on December 24th the building was designed and constructed within 3 months.
New Airport Building
- Architects: J. MAYER H. Architects
- Project Team: Juergen Mayer H., Jesko Malkolm Johnsson-Zahn, Hugo Reis, Mehrdad Mashaie, Max Reinhardt
- Project: October – December 2010
- Completion: December 2010
- Client: Tbilisi International Airport
- Architect on Site: Beka Pkhakadze
- Construction by ANAGI ltd.,
- Photographs: J. MAYER H.
- Total Floor Area: 250 sq.m.