Archive for the ‘Apartments’ Category
Tuesday, September 27th, 2016
Article source: Estúdio MRGB
It’s about a renew of an apartment built in the 80’s, located at Brasília-DF, Brazil. After carefully analyzing the physical structure of the unit could have a clear vision on the real conditions of the apartment.
Narrow rooms due to excess of compartmentation, bad light spaces that caused an enclosure and confined feeling, that describe not an enjoyable place.
Image Courtesy © Estúdio MRGB
- Architects: Estúdio MRGB
- Project: Apartment Gl
- Location: Distrito Federal, Brasília, Brazil
- Software used: Autocad 2012, 3dsmax 2014, Photoshop CS6
- Authors: arch. Igor campos , arch. Hermes romão
- Colaborators: arch. Cássio Oliveira, arch. Camila Glycério, arch. Luiza Campos
- Modeling, Texturing, Illumination and render: Estúdio MRGB
- Most commun mateirals: Wood and concrete
- Size: 60 m2 | 645 sqft
- Year: 2012
Friday, September 23rd, 2016
Article source: PL.architekci
The starting point in creating the interior was the investor’s collection of paintings, antique furniture and extensive library of books. The apartment was divided and furnished in order to expose these items, but in such a way that they do not compete and do not dominate the space. All the new furniture pieces are very minimalistic and free of any visible details. The books have been closed in double-sided bookcases, which also serve as separators of the communication area and they also contain a bio fireplace and a TV set. The kitchen was also designed in a minimalistic way and all the appliances have been hidden in closets.
Image Courtesy © Anna B. Gregorczyk
- Architects: PL.architekci (Bartek Bajon, Katarzyna Cynka)
- Project: Apartment in Poznan
- Location: Poznan, Poland
- Photography: Anna B. Gregorczyk
- Year: 2015
Thursday, September 22nd, 2016
Article source: HAUSM2
The apartment building is located in a narrow site dimensions (7.8m wide by 28m long) on Rodin 33 street, this conditions demands an accurate lecture of the architectural program. to optimize the interior space we decided to look forward for a structural sistem that allow us to enjoy the open space.
The living room and dinner room are clearly conected to the exterior terraces taking the widest side of the site 7.8 meters. One apartment is located by floor, allowing to the user take an interesting view of the Mexico city skyline.
Image Courtesy © Onnis Luque
- Architects: HAUSM2 (Carlos Marin)
- Project: RODIN 33
- Location: Rodin 33, Napoles, CDMX
- Photography: Onnis Luque
- Software used: AutoCAD
- Facilities Project: Alejandra Siebel Ing.
- Management and Coordination: HAUSM2
- Structural project: Eng Gerson Huerta.
- Area: 1,200 m2
- Project Year: 2015
- Built Year: 2015-2016
Sunday, September 18th, 2016
Article source: KOKO architects
Fahle house, which was designed by KOKO, is one of the characteristic examples of architecture during the recent economic boom in Estonia. It is a building that from an architectural point of view was ambitious, from a real estate development point of view risky, and from the heritage protection point of view controversial and received a lot of attention from the public. Situated at one of the main entrances to Tallinn, between the airport and city centre, Fahle house draws the attention of every passer-by. The building is part of the complex of a former cellulose and paper factory where the most outstanding building is the tall and voluminous boiler house (1926) built from limestone and designed by architect Erich Jacoby.
Image Courtesy © KOKO architects
- Architects: KOKO architects
- Project: Fahle House – An urban landmark at the gates of Tallinn
- Location: Tallinn, Estonia
- Client: Koger & Partners
- Size: 19,400 m2
- Commission: 2004
- Completed: 2007
Friday, September 16th, 2016
Article source: brandt + simon Architekten
A large Berlin block of flats in Bötzow district, built in 1905, with a representative front building, side wing and rear wing was extensively refurbished in a partially inhabited state.
The originally rich stucco facade of the front building had mostly dropped off and the remaining elements were irredeemably dilapidated.
Image Courtesy © brandt + simon architekten
- Architects: brandt + simon Architekten
- Project: Deckweiß – Refurbishment and new build attic of a block of flats
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- Planning of structural framework: Dr.-Ing Christian Müller, Frank Niehues
- Work stages: 1-9
- Gross floor space: 4400 m2
- Living space: 3030 m2
- Construction phase 1: 2001/2002
- Construction phase 2: 2011 – 2013
- Completion: 2013
Sunday, September 11th, 2016
Article source: AURORA arquitectos
It is not necessary to create a world, but the possibility of a world.
Jean-Luc Godard in Reflexivity in Film and Architecture, 1985.
Reflectivity as concept, as much in its use in film or literature as in its appropriation by architecture, refers to that moment when the work suddenly draws focus onto itself as a construct, and as a fictional reality.
Image Courtesy © do mal o menos
- Architects: AURORA arquitectos
- Project: “Apartment in Estrela”
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal
- Photography: do mal o menos
- Architecture Team: Sérgio Antunes, Sofia Reis Couto, Rita Ferreira, Pedro França, Bruno Pereira, Tânia Sousa
- Contractor: Requinte Pormenores
- Area: 200 m2
- Date: 2015 – 2016
Sunday, September 11th, 2016
Article source: Barker Freeman Design Office
In this project, two apartments on the 10th and 11th floors of a condo conversion in Tribeca were combined vertically to create a duplex that functioned like a house, with breathtaking north- and east-facing views of the midtown skyline. The owners’ original apartment on the 11th floor became an open living room/kitchen/dining room space with a separate office and family room. The material palette is light and reflective with a variety of neutral textures inserted as focal points. High-gloss lacquered kitchen cabinets reflect the northern light and views into the space. The maple floors throughout were bleached to bring them out as a light textured ground to unify the living spaces. At the entry, two walls at right angles were painted a steel gray to provide depth and focus to the living space. At the stair, a double-height wall of rough-cut tile provides visual interest and sectional continuity between the floors. The stairs were conceived as floating horizontal planes captured between glass surfaces and supported along a center steel spinal stringer. The landing incorporates a bench that perfectly frames a view of the Empire State Building through the adjacent window. The lower level was partitioned off to maximize functionality and privacy. The bathrooms are grouped against the building core, and the central hallway leads to an eggplant-hued plane that redirects the path toward the master suite on one side and a light-filled corner playroom on the other, from which the two children’s bedrooms can be accessed.
Image Courtesy © Sophie Munro
- Architects: Barker Freeman Design Office
- Project: TRIBECA NEW YORK N. MOORE STREET DUPLEX
- Location: New York, USA
- Photography: Sophie Munro
- Software used: Autocad
- Contractor: TCM Construction (formerly Teamwork Contracting) including custom kitchen cabinetry
- Stone counters: Stone Source
Sunday, September 11th, 2016
Article source: Frits van Dongen (van Dongen-Koschuch Architects and Planners)
In the hills of the Gangnam district south of the city centre of Seoul is a residential area of 1500 households realized. The initiative for the housing complex of 180.000m2 was launched by the Korea Land and Housing Corporation (KLHC) in April 2010. The objective of the KLHC was providing affordable public housing for low income families with the focus on providing a new public housing prototype in Korea.
Image Courtesy © Kim Myoung Sik
- Architects: Frits van Dongen (van Dongen-Koschuch Architects and Planners) at that time: De Architekten Cie
- Project: Gangnam District – Apartment Blocks And Urban Masterplan
- Location: Gangnam District, Seoul, South Korea
- Photography: Kim Myoung Sik or LH Group
- Client: Korea Land & Housing Corporation
- Design Team: Jason Lee , Jan-Willem Baijense , Marie-Aline Rival , Rene Bos , Magdalena Szczypka , Andrea Sooyoun Kim , Mathew Winter , Daniël Grünberg , Rink Alberda , Rui Duarte , Patrick Koschuch , Miren Leon , Nam Dong Ho , Laura Mezquita Gonzalez , Sasha Hendry , Eun Song Park , Joost Baks , Remi Versteeg , Paulos Kinfu , Ron Garritsen , Lucas Kuncevicius , Ton Dekkers
- Landscape Design: Frits van Dongen (van Dongen-Koschuch Architects and Planners) at that time: De Architekten Cie.
- Sustainability Consultant: Transsolar, Stuttgart
- Gross Surface: 180.000 m2
- Volume: 498.000m3
- Date of commission: 2010 April
- Project Year: 2014 November
- In Use: 2015 March
Friday, September 9th, 2016
Article source: Cambiums
This apartment in a late-60s block had hardly changed since it was built, and needed refurbishment before welcoming its new occupants. The prospective owners were instantly won over by its superb view over Lyon where the Saône flows into the Rhône.
Image Courtesy © Cambiums
- Architects: Cambiums
- Project: Altitude 240
- Location: F – 69350 Lyon, France
- Cost: 40’000 € ht
- Area: 65 m²
- Completion: 2013
Thursday, September 8th, 2016
Article source: Aedas
Aedas designs for Chinese publishing giant Xinhua Bookstore on Chinese proverb ‘Knowledge brings wealth’
Designed by Aedas, Chongqing Xinhua Bookstore Group Jiefangbei Book City Mixed-use Project is a dynamic complex that encompasses a sky cultural plaza, retails, apartments, offices and a boutique hotel in the Jiefangbei Central Business District, the heart of downtown Chongqing. Aedas draws design inspiration from an ancient Chinese prose ‘Knowledge brings wealth’ to integrate book with the cultural elements of Chongqing, creating an interactive commercial complex with Xinhua Bookstore sitting at the core of the podium.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: Chongqing Xinhua Bookstore Group Jiefangbei Book City Mixed-use Project
- Location: Chongqing, China
- Client: Chongqing Xinhua Bookstore Group, Chongqing Xinhua Media Ltd., Chongqing North Green Industry Co., Ltd.
- Directors: Andy Wen and Keith Griffiths
- Gross floor area: 153,980 square metres
- Completion year: 2020