Archive for the ‘Apartments’ Category
Thursday, September 28th, 2017
Article source: YAEL PERRY | INTERIOR DESIGNER
The 240 sqm duplex apartment, located in the Sharon region of Israel, intended for a home of a young couple who works in the high-tech field & expecting a baby. The couple commissioned Interior Designer Yael Perry to renovate their 240 sqm duplex into a con-temporary colourful space for their family & friends.
Image Courtesy © Itay Benit
Monday, September 25th, 2017
Article source: The Buchan Group
Imperial Doncaster brings the epitome of modern urban living to one of Melbourne’s most rapidly changing suburbs. The 93 unit complex was designed to appeal to a wide demographic, easily catering to the needs of downsizing owner-occupiers with bigger apartment sizes and generous balcony spaces. The design takes into consideration the local suburbs, parks, shopping centre and already established businesses, seeking a balance between the economical, environmental and aesthetic.
Image Courtesy © Michael Gazzola
- Architects: The Buchan Group
- Project: Imperial Doncaster
- Location: Manningham, Australia
- Photography: Michael Gazzola
Monday, September 25th, 2017
Article source: YLAB Arquitectos
With the last Barcelona Design Week 2015 architecture and interior design studio YLAB Arquitectos Barcelona opened the doors of one of their most recent projects: one private home in the Diagonal Mar district in Barcelona. With the participation of prestigious international design brands, the interior design showcases their most prominent products.
Image Courtesy © Tobias Laarmann
- Architects: YLAB Arquitectos
- Project: Barcelona Diagonal Mar A\partment
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Tobias Laarmann
- Authors: Tobias Laarmann & Yolanda Yuste López
- Contractor: 7Works General Contractor
- Partners: Acor, Bticino, Franke, Ikebe, Inalco, Ingemar Quartz, Novy distribuido por Veravent, Tres, Astral, Besform, Casadesus, Cotlin, Deltalight, Dickson, Kokoklim, Lumens, Marset, Matèria, Miele, Victor Lope, Vitra,
- Area: 113 m2 + 20 m2 terrace
Friday, September 22nd, 2017
Article source: Archiplanstudio
The apartment is designed as a dynamic space, which takes different connotations through sliding walls that separate the ritual places of living, such as the kitchen and the bedroomThe space acquires a liquid dimension, where the visual cones overlap and stratifyThe different levels of the floor creates a hierarchy between the living and the sleeping areasThe furnishings are all individually designed and develop the idea of tailored space that avoids the general understanding of iconic design brands, connoting the apartment with a strong character and personality.The project pursues pleasure for details, which is expressed in the accurate design of all the elements that are part of it, from lighting to the flat number on the entrance door.The lamps are all custom made and express a personal research around this piece of furniture which can take on a spiritual and sensual character.The viewer must look closely at the work to discover the intimate details, in order to grasp the subtle and evanescent aspects. Pleasure for details, for dimensions, for the authentic and for the light, is the themes the project has faced.
Image Courtesy © Archiplanstudio
- Architects: Archiplanstudio
- Project: FL2 APARTMENT
- Location: London, England
- Software used: Autocad
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017
Article source: Miguel Marcelino
This apartment, built in the 80s, has problems that are typical of the architectural debilities of most of the portuguese housing buildings of the second half of the XX century: low ceilings throughout the house, subdivided spaces, long narrow kitchens, winding corridors and numerous protrusions of pillars and beams that reveal an unresolved conflict between structure and architecture.
Image Courtesy © Archive Miguel Marcelino
- Architects: Miguel Marcelino
- Project: Apartamento Telheiras
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal
- Collaborators: Débora Martins
- General Contractor: Vassalo & Sousa
- Gross Floor Area: 115 m2
- Phases: 2015 (project), 2015-2016 (construction)
Monday, September 11th, 2017
Article source: MUS ARCHITECTS
The character of the interior is created by skeleton of solids levitating in space. Black frames organize a functional program by emphasizing its components.
The base of the project intervention is the apartment, located in a renovated old tenement house near the Wawel castle in cracow, poland. It is a small place with a surface of 46m2, but with a height of 330cm in the light of the room which allows the design team to think of the local stratification of utility functions and the creation of a mezzanine. by analyzing the requirements and lifestyle of the customer, MUS architects has thought maximizing the open living space and creating a bedroom on the mezzanine above the entrance belt of the apartment.
Image Courtesy © Janina Tynska
- Architects: MUS ARCHITECTS
- Project: Wireframe
- Location: Kraków, Poland
- Photography: Janina Tynska
Wednesday, September 6th, 2017
Article source: ZAHA HADID ARCHITECTS
The Residential plot is composed by 7 linear buildings set along a continuous path around two land areas: Rc1, including buildings C1- C2-C3 and Rc2 with buildings C4-C5-C6-C7. The land areas are divided by a strip of public park.
Image Courtesy © David Bombelli
- Architects: ZAHA HADID ARCHITECTS
- Project: City Life Milano Residential Complex
- Location: Milan, Italy
- Photography: David Bombelli, Gionata Xerra
- Project Director: Gianluca Racana
- Project Architect: Maurizio Meossi
- Design Team: Vincenzo Barilari, Cristina Capanna, Giacomo Sanna, Paola Bettinsoli, Gianluca Bilotta, Fabio Ceci,Veronica Erspamer, Arianna Francioni, Stefano Iacopini, Mario Mattia, Serena Pietrantonj, Florindo Ricciuti, Giulia Scaglietta, Giovanna Sylos Labini, Anja Simons, Marta Suarez, Tamara Tancorre, Giuseppe Vultaggio, Massimiliano Piccinini, Samuele Sordi, Alessandra Belia
- Site Supervision Team: Cristina Capanna, Veronica Erspamer, Stefano Iacopini, Giulia Scaglietta, Florindo Ricciuti
Monday, September 4th, 2017
Article source: Urko Sanchez Architects
The project consists in 14 apartments in Tudor Creek, Mombasa-Kenya. Characterized by a moucharabiah structural shell, it is distinct with its search for privacy and optimized natural ventilation and light. With our vision, the apartments benefit from the experience of outdoor living, contact with nature and the integration of the surroundings into each private home.
Image Courtesy © Javier Callejas
- Architects: Urko Sanchez Architects
- Project: Tudor Apartments
- Location: Mombasa, Kenya
- Photography: Javier Callejas
- Team: Urko Sanchez, Estrella de Andrés, Marcos Velasco, Ahmed Shamuti.
Friday, September 1st, 2017
Article source: DARIEL STUDIO
The last on-to-date residential project designed by Dariel Studio is a truly modern fantasy. Located in the vibrant Sanlitun area, this 1500 sqm apartment features an extra-ordinary décor that pays homage to the client’s eccentric personality.
12 apartments spread over the two last floors of the building have been reunited to give shape to the current penthouse. Thomas Dariel ‘s new interior creates volumes that offer a sense of space, a feeling of immensity.
Image Courtesy © DARIEL STUDIO
- Architects: DARIEL STUDIO
- Project: Beijing Apartment
- Location: Beijing, China
- Design Company: Dariel Studio
- Designer: Thomas DARIEL
- Project manager: Nathan HOU
- Area: 1500 m2
- Completion Time: May, 2014
Thursday, August 31st, 2017
Article source: v2com
This Manhattan apartment underwent a complete renovation, led by the Washington DC-based design firm Solis Betancourt & Sherrill. The goal of designers Paul Sherrill and Jose Solis Betancourt was to create a colorful pied-a-terre that could showcase the client’s collection of Latin American art. It was important to create interiors that reflected the client’s elegant lifestyle, but that could also serve as a comfortable place where the client can spend time with her grandchildren.
Image Courtesy © Jackson Hill
- Architects: Solis Betancourt & Sherrill
- Project: Manhattan Pre-War Apartment Renovation
- Location: New York, USA
- Photography: Jackson Hill, Marcos Galvany
- Area: 1800 SF