Archive for the ‘Apartments’ Category
Tuesday, May 31st, 2016
Article source: frontofficetokyo
First built in the 1970’s the apartment was cramped by contemporary standards, even for Tokyo, with low ceilings and short and narrow rooms. After stripping the space down to a single room, the design takes a hint from the overlapping spaces in the city and is composed from three simple shapes. A grey wood box houses the laundry, a concrete box contains the bath and sink, while an S shaped partition forms a closet and space for the fridge. The updated space is simple but comfortable and connects to the city perfectly.
Image Courtesy © Toshiyuki yano
- Architects: frontofficetokyo
- Project: Interior Renovation
- Location: Akasaka, Tokyo, Japan
- Photography: Toshiyuki yano
- Software used: Autocad and Sketchup
- Design: Koen Klinkers, Dan Yu, Will Galloway
- Construction: Denkobo
- Size: 50m2
- Year: 2016
Tuesday, May 31st, 2016
Article source: Tectoniques Architectes
The Tectoniques agency has extensive experience in building housing in eco-neighbourhoods, with a committed and ambitious environmental approach, using a specific construction protocol based on dry construction mainly using prefabricated wood components. The Rive de Gier project takes this basic approach to new heights.
Image Courtesy © Tectoniques Architectes
- Architects: Tectoniques Architectes
- Project: 60 social housing apartments
- Location: Rive-de-Gier, France
- Client: Immobilière Rhône-Alpes (groupe 3F)
- Design and Engineering:
- Fluids Engineering: Tectoniques Ingénieurs
- Environmental Engineering: ARCOBA
- Main contractor for construction: OSSABOIS
- Project Management: VOXOA
- Building control: VERITAS
- Health and Safety Coordination: ALPES CONTROLES
- Budget: less than €1,500 ex. VAT per m2 of net floor area, including communal areas and green space
- Total net floor area: 4,160 m2
- Year delivered: 2016
Friday, May 27th, 2016
Article source: Camille Hermand Architectures
A young Franco-Swiss couple with two children called upon French architect and interior designer, Camille Hermand, to convert their typical 2-bedroom Haussamanian apartment in central Paris, into a functional weekend city pad. Keeping the apartment’s traditional charm, Camille Hermand’s response is contemporary and versatile, with a retro twist.
Image Courtesy © Jennifer Sath
- Architects: Camille Hermand Architectures
- Project: A Parisian pied-à-terre for a family of four
- Location: Paris, France
- Photography: Jennifer Sath
- Area: 52m2
- Year: 2016
Thursday, May 26th, 2016
Article source: Kavellaris Urban Design
Spectrum Apartments is situated on a site with three frontages. It was critical that the architecture address and activate all three frontages but also be of a single architectural language.
Image Courtesy © Peter Clarke
- Architects: Kavellaris Urban Design
- Project: Spectrum Apartments
- Location: Victoria, Australia
- Photography: Peter Clarke
- Builder: Harris HMC
- Scope of works: 70 Apartments, 1 Home office, 64 cars (triple cars stackers), 11 cars (double cars stackers), 9 cars conventional
- Area: 7400sq/m
- Completion: 2016
Friday, May 20th, 2016
Article source: Space Group Architects
Space Group Architects have completed the refurbishment of a 200sqm/2000sqft penthouse located between Shoreditch, Spitalfields Market and the City of London. The duplex apartment already benefits from a large roof terrace and fantastic views. It was our task to enhance exactly these and to completely remodel the otherwise run down property.
View of the bathroom pod above the double-height space, Image Courtesy © space group architects
Friday, May 20th, 2016
Article source: Mojo Stumer Associates
This 7,000 square foot apartment on the Upper East Side is a project that represents true elegance and extensive high-end detailing but with a totally contemporary philosophy. The same atmosphere of a classically traditional apartment is expressed here from the viewpoint of Mojo Stumer’s modernism. This sprawling apartment, which started out with a combination of two 2,300 square foot apartments, is now the grouping of three apartments. We designed a smooth transition from each apartment by having a main gallery to join them together. The southeast facing apartment also has the option of being closed off and used as a guesthouse, as it contains its own full kitchen. The apartment is on the 82nd floor in a building with 10 foot high existing curtain wall provides our client with spectacular views of the city. It is a combination of a truly rich material palette of macassar ebony, stainless steel, high gloss lacquers, pure white stone flooring combined with dark marble trim and walnut insets. Mojo Stumer created a sophisticated interior with our material and furniture selections and, of course, the belief in modern design which helped to accomplish our goal.
Image Courtesy © Mojo Stumer Associates
Friday, May 13th, 2016
Article source: DROO PROJECTS
DROO Projects is a Paris/London based studio specializing in high end residential design. This boutique apartment building tucked in behind a narrow listed Shop House building, in Melbourne’s inner suburb of Hawthorn. The long narrow Shop house building typology allowed for the existing building to be extended to create a two compact mini towers to the rear separated by a generous courtyard internally, providing light and outdoor living spaces for the individual apartments. The building is characterized by its large glazed windows, and the strong faceted gold fins, which provide sun-shading and privacy between flats.
Image Courtesy © Willem Dirk Du Toit
- Architects: DROO PROJECTS
- Project: Boutique Apartment Building
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Photography: Willem Dirk Du Toit
- Software used: Autocad and Rhino
- Main Contractor: Project Build Construction Pty Ltd.
- Site Management Architect: Mihaly Slocombe
- Completed: December 2015
Thursday, May 12th, 2016
Article source: v2com
738 Broadway: this lavish four-apartment housing project offers modern living spaces adapted to the Big Apple’s new upbeat generation while allowing the McKenna building to proudly remind us of its industrial origin. The interior design was executed by Escobar Design by Lemay, previously Andres Escobar & Associates who recently joined Lemay.
Image Courtesy © Robert Lowell
- Architects: Escobar Design by Lemay
- Project: 738 Broadway
- Location: New York, USA
- Photography: Robert Lowell
- Client: Chetrit Group
- Real Estate Developer: The De Niro Team at Dougals Elliman Real Estate
- Project End Date: 2015
Tuesday, May 10th, 2016
Article source: Blackhaus Karol Cieplinski Architekt
Apartment for rent in the renovated tenement house from 1934.
The new studio apartment situated at the 3 rd floor of the tenement house from 1934, situated near the historic center of Krakow. Building was renovated in 2015. Apartment is prepared for short term rental.The challenge was to create an essential and very familiar space where guests find everything they need to live temporarily in the rooms as if they were at home.
Image Courtesy © Bartlomiej Senkowski
Sunday, May 8th, 2016
Article source: Merooficina
Integrated on a housing facility from the mid 90’s, the apartment is a result of a rampant construction period, and maybe for this reason, it was organized in a very uncommon way: the most intimate area was facing to the landscape and the noise; while the collective zone enjoyed the calmness of the backyard.
Image Courtesy © Merooficina
- Architects: Merooficina
- Project: Forte Apartment
- Location: Vila do Conde, Portugal