Archive for the ‘Apartments’ Category
Sunday, April 2nd, 2017
Article source: v2com
The plot is located at the interface between two very different urban logics: on one side, a modern district made up of wide public spaces and large-sized buildings, on the other, the historical town-centre consisting of smaller slate-roof buildings. One of the project’s challenges is to articulate the traditional city and the modern city scales, using both the organisation of its volumes and the layout of its functions.
Image Courtesy © André Morin
- Architects: Hérault Arnod Architectes
- Project: Cité internationale Paul Ricœur
- Location: Boulevard de La Liberté – Renne, France
- Photography: André Morin
- Client: Rennes Métropole for the city of Rennes, Bretagne Loire University and the CROUS
- Project management:
- Project manager: Mickaël Dusson
- Construction site: Florent Bellet
- Fluids: Nicolas Mussche Inex
- Structure: Batiserf
- Economics: Michel Forgue
- Kitchen specialist: Artelia
- Graphic design: Gérard Plénacoste
Saturday, April 1st, 2017
Article source: Sanuki Daisuke architects
The project is about a small apartment with seven rooms in Binh Thanh District, a nearly central area in Ho Chi Minh City. The site has unique slightly curved shape by merging several plots of different sizes with the total length of around 40 meters. It is located in a high density area surrounded by two or three-storey buildings. On initial inspection of the site, we felt that there is much potential due to: “remaining urban open space / void created haphazardly in the crowded city”. Therefore, on careful consideration, we concluded that this open ‘urban’ space can be utilized to design both an attractive and well-designed open spaced building harnessing the natural daylight and wind.
Image Courtesy © Hiroyuki Oki
- Architects: Sanuki Daisuke architects
- Project: Apartment in Binh Thanh
- Location: dist Binh Thanh, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Photography: Hiroyuki Oki
- Structure Engineer: Tam Sau Mechanical and Contruction Co., Ltd.
- ME Engineer: Technical Hung Viet Company Ltd.
- Site Area / Building Area: 204.7sqm / 161.8sqm
Friday, March 31st, 2017
Article source: Anagram Architects
Artrovert is our project to design a studio in a peri-urban artists’ colony, Kaladham, in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh. The 280 sqm. studio is built on a 300 sqm trapezoidal plot which is one of 216 arranged in an octagonal grid. Our client-collaborator is a multi-media artist whose politically charged works interrogate binaries, challenge representation and explore the anti-aesthetic.Equally unconventionally, her vision for her studio was not the typical introverted artist’s “cave” but rather an extroverted residency where the creation of art and the living of the artist are shared with her precinct. Acutely aware of Kaladham’s location at the urban edge, she hopes such an outward expression and blurring of territory would lay seeds of well-knit social networks for a growing community.
Image Courtesy © Anagram Architects
- Architects: Anagram Architects
- Project: Artrovert: Conversations in Grey
- Location: Greater Noida, India
Wednesday, March 29th, 2017
Article source: Squire and Partners
Completed in 2017, the Lexicon is a residential development on the west side of City Road Basin comprising an elegant 36 storey tower – Islington’s tallest building at 117m – and a pair of low rise canalside apartment buildings set around a landscaped public courtyard. The project was designed by Squire and Partners and delivered by SOM.
Image Courtesy © James Jones
- Architects: Squire and Partners
- Project: Lexicon
- Location: London EC1, England, UK
- Photography: James Jones
Wednesday, March 29th, 2017
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
To compose the setting of Milan’s prestigious CityLife, one of Europe’s biggest urban re-qualification projects, is Penthouse One-11, completely planned and created by Milano Contract District, within the famous residences designed by Zaha Hadid. The elegant two-story penthouse of over 300 m2, featuring a fabulous view over the city and the adjacent park, is the result of the excellent, quality services provided by the new and innovative Design District dedicated to Real Estate. Only a few months after opening, it has already conquered the Lombard capital’s real estate scene thanks to the numerous projects initiated with the most important Real Estate companies in Milan, and that’s not all.
Image Courtesy © Zaha Hadid Architects
Tuesday, March 28th, 2017
Article source: Aurora Arquitectos
Can one house contain another two?
There is a question that is repeated frequently when intervening in an apartment building. In order to have a garden, one needs to renounce the view. In turn, to have the view it means to choose one of the last floors, usually far from where the garden is.
Image Courtesy © do mal o menos
- Architects: Aurora Arquitectos
- Project: Prazeres Building
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal
- Photography: do mal o menos
- Architecture Team: Sérgio Antunes, Sofia Reis Couto, Rita Ferreira, Pedro França, Bruno Pereira, Tânia Sousa
- Engineering: Edifiteca
- Building Supervision: Gesconsult
- Contractor: Map Engenharia
- Area: 645 M2
- Date: 2014 – 2016
Tuesday, March 28th, 2017
Article source: HGR Arquitectos
MR 299 is a Housing Project with 15 units located in Matias Romero # 299, on a central neighborhood of Mexico City.
The Project is located on a regular site of 364.00 sqm. with two street fronts. The building has 6 floors: The ground floor is destined for parking and lobby, and the last 5 floors are destined for housing, having 15 apartments in total.
Image Courtesy © Diana Arnau
- Architects: HGR Arquitectos (Marcos Hagerman)
- Project: MR 299
- Location: Matías Romero # 299, Colonia Vertiz Narvarte, Delegación Benito Juárez, México d.f. C.p. 03630
- Photography: Diana Arnau
- Lettice Design: Ariel Rojo
- Graphic Design: Leolab
- Development: Ciudad Vertical
- Structural Design: Mata Y Triana Ingenieros Consultores
- Installation: zMP INSTALACIONES
- Lattice Production: VYPSA
- Area: 1,835.4 sqm
- Year: 2014
Thursday, March 23rd, 2017
Article source: studio RIPOLLTIZON
The project is located in ‘Pere Garau’ neighbourhood. The area was formerly characterized by blocks of single family houses with inner courtyards that followed a typical grid plan. Once the district became central in the city, amendments to the urban planning increased the building volumes significantly and changed the typology to collective housing. The project takes part of this transformation by redefining a corner plot, resulting from the addition of two former houses, into a new public housing building.
Image Courtesy © José Hevia
- Architects: studio RIPOLLTIZON (Pep Ripoll – Juan Miguel Tizón)
- Project: Social housing
- Location: Capità Vila St. – Can Curt St. Palma de Mallorca, Spain
- Photography: José Hevia
- Collaborators: Pablo García (architect), Luis Sánchez (architect)
- Quantity Surveyor: Toni Arqué
- Structural Engineer: Jorge Martín
- Building Services: David Mulet
- Client: Institut Balear de l’Habitatge – IBAVI (Balearic Public Housing Institute)
Thursday, March 23rd, 2017
Article source: Atelier Xavier Ávila
X/A apartments is a project designed by an architecture studio based in Madalena, Pico Island, Azores: X/A atelier
The project was developed by the architect Sofia Xavier Avila, owner and manager of the studio, in partnership with João Xavier Avila.
Image Courtesy © Atelier Xavier Ávila
- Architects: Atelier Xavier Ávila
- Project: X/A Apartments
- Location: Madalena, Portugal
- Software used:Autocad, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop
Tuesday, March 21st, 2017
Article source: SIROTOV ARCHITECTS
Mp2h project – is a 3 storey apartment in a modern style in the city of Kiev. Total area – 340 m2.
On the first floor: entrance hall, kitchen, dining room, living room, guest bathroom, wardrobe, guest bedroom, sitting area and terrace.
Image Courtesy © SIROTOV ARCHITECTS
- Architects: SIROTOV ARCHITECTS
- Project: mp2h
- Location: Kiev, Ukraine
- Software used: 3ds Max, Corona Renderer, Adobe Photoshop