Archive for the ‘Apartments’ Category
Wednesday, April 12th, 2017
Article source: SIROTOV ARCHITECTS
Project il1h – modern apartment in Kiev, UA. Composition of rooms: hall 13,4 m2, guest bathroom 8,4 m2, cloakroom 3,9 m2, kitchen-dining zone 32,1 m2, pantry room 6,1 m2, living room 36,4 m2, bedroom 49,2 m2, bathroom 6,3 m2, dressing room 6,2 m2, terrace 46,3 m2. Total area of the apartment is 208.3 m2.
Image Courtesy © SIROTOV ARCHITECTS
Tuesday, April 11th, 2017
Article source: Behnisch Architekten
Directly on the Elbe, commanding a prominent position in the HafenCity, stands the Marco Polo Tower right beside the new Unilever headquarters, also by Behnisch Architekten. The 55 m high tower punctuates the end of the route from the inner city out to the new attractions, the Cruise Ship Terminal and the Promenade on Strandkai. In its form and arrangement, it is a unique and remarkable sculptured building, adding to Hamburg’s silhouette on the Elbe. Its 17 above ground levels, each turned a few degrees on their axis, allow all 58 apartments spectacular views over the harbour and the city.
Image Courtesy © Roland Halbe
- Architects: Behnisch Architekten
- Project: Marco Polo Tower
- Location: HAMBURG, GERMANY
- Photography: Roland Halbe
- Software used: Autocad
- Planning and Construction: 2007–2010
- Volume: 40,770 m3 / 1,440,000 cu.ft. (above ground)
- Competition: 2006
Thursday, April 6th, 2017
Article source: Diego Revollo Arquitetura
This old apartment of 200 m2 with architecture built more than 40 years ago, is located in Itaim – Bibi in Sao Paulo, and belongs to a young couple of administrators, fans of the office.
With liberty and many ideas, Diego Revollo has received total support to create and bring a new atmosphere to the apartment.
Image Courtesy © Alain Brugier
Wednesday, April 5th, 2017
Article source: Hiroyuki Ogawa Architects Inc
We renovated our apartment building in Shibuya, Tokyo for vacation rental services such as AirBnB.
We designed this space so that it will be a clean, quiet place for rest, opposite from the feeling of the city its located in and for tourists who will be enjoying all the excitement of Shibuya, one of the most cutting-edge downtown areas in Asia.
Image Courtesy © Kaku Ohtaki
- Architects: Hiroyuki Ogawa Architects Inc
- Project: Shibuya Apartment
- Location: Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan
- Photography: Kaku Ohtaki
- Floor area: 61 ㎡ (each)
Wednesday, April 5th, 2017
Article source: gianluca milesi architecture
The geographic position of the project site is particular for the sea facing of the area and the vicinity to Singapore.
These two aspects suggested to us to take in big consideration the nature of the shore and its beauty to be valorised and the panoramic view to and from sea, to and from future islands to be built and Singapore.
Image Courtesy © gianluca milesi architecture
- Architects: gianluca milesi architecture (Gianluca Milesi wiith ChenFeifan, Lin Jinchao, Samuela Martinelli, Xu Yichen)
- Project: Green Forest Competition
- Location: Malaysia
- Software used: Autocad, PHOTOSHOP, 3dS Max, V-ray, mental ray
Wednesday, April 5th, 2017
Article source: RUST architects
RUST architects designed a small 53 sqm apartment in an International Style building at the heart of Tel-Aviv. The building, which is a part of the White City World Heritage Site, was built 85 years ago. It is characterized by small apartments with high ceilings and wide strip windows.
Image Courtesy © Yoav Peled
- Architects: RUST architects
- Project: Work and live
- Location: Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
- Photography: Yoav Peled (more…)
Wednesday, April 5th, 2017
Article source: Office Winhov
Work began on building the Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) in 1957 based on the urban development plan of S.J. van Embden. His design aimed at creating an idealised factory environment for technical research and study consisting of tall, modern buildings on stilts that were connected with one another and with the laboratories and workshops located in between them by means of aerial walkways. The plan followed the modern ideal of self-contained buildings in a continuous landscape. The rational structure in which the buildings followed a fixed grid pattern was expressed in the curtain walls of the first generation of buildings on the campus. A master plan for the reorganisation and expansion of the campus has been drawn up following the original design. It envisages the introduction of accommodation for students and researchers on the north side of the campus on the edge of the green brook valley of the Dommel.
The building at the banks of the Dommel, Image Courtesy © Stefan Müller
- Architects: Office Winhov + office haratori in collaboration with BDG Architecten Almere
- Project: Student Housing Campus Eindhoven University of Technology
- Location: Campus TU/Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Photography: Stefan Müller
- Client: Stichting Woonbedrijf SWS/Hhvl
- Contractor: Huybregts Relou
- Gross Floor Area: 12.600 m2
- Project: 2013-2016
Sunday, April 2nd, 2017
Article source: v2com
The plot is located at the interface between two very different urban logics: on one side, a modern district made up of wide public spaces and large-sized buildings, on the other, the historical town-centre consisting of smaller slate-roof buildings. One of the project’s challenges is to articulate the traditional city and the modern city scales, using both the organisation of its volumes and the layout of its functions.
Image Courtesy © André Morin
- Architects: Hérault Arnod Architectes
- Project: Cité internationale Paul Ricœur
- Location: Boulevard de La Liberté – Renne, France
- Photography: André Morin
- Client: Rennes Métropole for the city of Rennes, Bretagne Loire University and the CROUS
- Project management:
- Project manager: Mickaël Dusson
- Construction site: Florent Bellet
- Fluids: Nicolas Mussche Inex
- Structure: Batiserf
- Economics: Michel Forgue
- Kitchen specialist: Artelia
- Graphic design: Gérard Plénacoste
Saturday, April 1st, 2017
Article source: Sanuki Daisuke architects
The project is about a small apartment with seven rooms in Binh Thanh District, a nearly central area in Ho Chi Minh City. The site has unique slightly curved shape by merging several plots of different sizes with the total length of around 40 meters. It is located in a high density area surrounded by two or three-storey buildings. On initial inspection of the site, we felt that there is much potential due to: “remaining urban open space / void created haphazardly in the crowded city”. Therefore, on careful consideration, we concluded that this open ‘urban’ space can be utilized to design both an attractive and well-designed open spaced building harnessing the natural daylight and wind.
Image Courtesy © Hiroyuki Oki
- Architects: Sanuki Daisuke architects
- Project: Apartment in Binh Thanh
- Location: dist Binh Thanh, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Photography: Hiroyuki Oki
- Structure Engineer: Tam Sau Mechanical and Contruction Co., Ltd.
- ME Engineer: Technical Hung Viet Company Ltd.
- Site Area / Building Area: 204.7sqm / 161.8sqm
Friday, March 31st, 2017
Article source: Anagram Architects
Artrovert is our project to design a studio in a peri-urban artists’ colony, Kaladham, in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh. The 280 sqm. studio is built on a 300 sqm trapezoidal plot which is one of 216 arranged in an octagonal grid. Our client-collaborator is a multi-media artist whose politically charged works interrogate binaries, challenge representation and explore the anti-aesthetic.Equally unconventionally, her vision for her studio was not the typical introverted artist’s “cave” but rather an extroverted residency where the creation of art and the living of the artist are shared with her precinct. Acutely aware of Kaladham’s location at the urban edge, she hopes such an outward expression and blurring of territory would lay seeds of well-knit social networks for a growing community.
Image Courtesy © Anagram Architects
- Architects: Anagram Architects
- Project: Artrovert: Conversations in Grey
- Location: Greater Noida, India