Archive for the ‘Apartments’ Category
Tuesday, December 12th, 2017
Article source: Loft Kolasiński
Our project was done in a former warehouse of a marmalade factory, which operated before World War II in Szczecin (Poland). The project involved reconstruction of one of the open spaces for an apartment divided into 4 rooms (living room with a kitchenette, bedroom, office, bathroom). In the most part of the loft we preserved historic, wooden floors that have been restored. All the kitchen furniture were designed and built by Loft Szczecin. Countertops were made of white marble and kitchen furniture of plywood. The rest of the furnishing is vintage furniture and lamps from the 50s and 60s from Denmark, the Czech Republic, Poland and the Netherlands. The furniture have been renovated by Loft Szczecin. For decoration we used a polish rug from the 30s.
Image Courtesy © Karolina Bąk
- Architects: Loft Kolasiński
- Project: Loft In Marmolade Factory
- Location: Szczecin, Poland
- Photography: Karolina Bąk
- Area: 72,5 sq meter
- Date: 2015
Thursday, December 7th, 2017
Article source: rar.studio
The apartment is located on the first floor of a building that was constructed in the second half of the 19th century on an area of landfill established along the Lisbon waterfront in the wake of the 1755 earthquake.
Image Courtesy © Fernando Guerra | FG+SG
- Architects: rar.studio
- Project: Apartment NANA
- Location: Lisboa, Portugal
- Photography: Fernando Guerra | FG+SG
- Software used: ArchiCAD
- Contractor: RVI – Recuperação e Valorização de Imóveis, Lda.
- Area: 200 sqm
- Project year: 2014/2015
Thursday, December 7th, 2017
Article source: Arquitectura Sergio Portillo
This apartment project occupies the lower level of a building on Mexico City’s west side. It generates a dialog between the newly constructed building and its environment, interweaving the project with its landscape and unifying indoors with outdoors.
The design process inserted targeted elements that produced a series of specific, outdoor spaces whose function is directly related to the apartment’s indoor activity.
Image Courtesy © Rafael Gamo
Wednesday, December 6th, 2017
Article source: Bureau Fraai
Amsterdam urban loft
Bureau Fraai converts a former social housing apartment into an urban loft
Image Courtesy © Wim Hanenberg
- Architects: Bureau Fraai
- Project: Amsterdam Urban Loft
- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Photography: Wim Hanenberg
- Contractor (casco): De Vakman
- Interior Builder: MetNils interieurmaatwerk
Monday, December 4th, 2017
Article source: TAG Architecture
The building in Ostașilor 8 is located in a diffuse, traditional urban fabric of central Bucharest, in which the urban architectural, historical values and the natural environment are protected in their entirety, street texture and built environment alike.
The area has a high living standard and a scenic air and is located at the convergence of neighborhoods with diametrically opposite characters. On the one hand, the limits of the old city center and Cișmigiu Gardens (historically the oldest designed park in Bucharest) point towards a moderate, maybe nostalgic approach, on the other, the proximity of the new and controversial Uranus Boulevard, whose inception has caused a stir due to demolitions of old, derelict areas, pushes towards the exuberance inherent to any beginning.
Image Courtesy © Vlad Eftenie
- Architects: TAG Architecture
- Project: Ostasilor 8
- Location: Bucharest, Romania
- Photography: Vlad Eftenie
- Lead Architects: Monica Despina Sache
- Team: Mariana Carstoiu, Andrei Moldoveanu, Irina Georgescu, Vitali Andrei Stanila;
- Collaborators: Pavlu Design Construct
- Structural engineering: ADClima (HVAC),
- Electrical: D&D Eurocom
- Client: Aquarium Investment
- Constructor: Bog’Art
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 4600m2 (total)
- Completion Year: 2016
Sunday, December 3rd, 2017
Article source: Boué Arquitectos
Perú 87 is a building with 36 apartments, between 35 and 38 sq m each, with an active ground floor integrated by three commercial spaces and a privileged position located on the corner of Leandro Valle street, which has been re opened and integrated into the traffic under a semi pedestrian configuration.
Image Courtesy © Boué Arquitectos
Friday, December 1st, 2017
Article source: Bean Buro
Bean Buro has been appointed to refurbish a 2,500sqft apartment in Jardine’s Lookout, Hong Kong. Located at the bottom of a hill, the apartment is surrounded by natural views of green trees and far sight of the city.
Image Courtesy © Bean Buro
- Architects: Bean Buro
- Project: Valley House
- Location: Jardine’s Lookout, Hong Kong
- Architectural Designers/Assistants: Isabella Ducoli, Michelle Ho
- Design director: Lorène Faure, Kenny Kinugasa-Tsui
Friday, December 1st, 2017
Article source: DDG
12 Warren is a boutique residential condominium building nestled in TriBeCa offering just 13 full-floor, duplex and triplex residences. Developed, designed and constructed by DDG, 12 Warren is a compliment to the company’s growing portfolio of design-driven residential projects on the East and West Coasts, while being unlike any other new residential building in New York City. The building features a plethora of handcrafted and artisanal details, none more striking than the signature façade of rough-hewn bluestone quarried in upstate New York. The hand-laid façade is already an impressive addition to one of Manhattan’s most desired residential neighborhoods, creating an engaging contrast when seen among TriBeCa’s historic loft buildings and modern glass structures.12 Warren is a boutique residential condominium building nestled in TriBeCa offering just 13 full-floor, duplex and triplex residences. Developed, designed and constructed by DDG, 12 Warren is a compliment to the company’s growing portfolio of design-driven residential projects on the East and West Coasts, while being unlike any other new residential building in New York City. The building features a plethora of handcrafted and artisanal details, none more striking than the signature façade of rough-hewn bluestone quarried in upstate New York. The hand-laid façade is already an impressive addition to one of Manhattan’s most desired residential neighborhoods, creating an engaging contrast when seen among TriBeCa’s historic loft buildings and modern glass structures.
Image Courtesy © BruceDamonte
- Architects: DDG
- Project: 12 Warren
- Location: New York, USA
- Photography: Robert Granoff, BruceDamonte
Friday, December 1st, 2017
Article source: INT2 ARCHITECTURE
One-bedroom apartment in Saint Petersburg is designed especially for rent.
The basic principles of the project are:
– limited budget (10 000 euro for everything, including construction, materials, equipment, furniture and decoration);
– redefining purpose of the products, materials and objects;
– DIY furniture and accessories;
– a combination of elements of Japanese and Scandinavian minimalism.
Image Courtesy © INT2 ARCHITECTURE
- Architects: INT2 ARCHITECTURE
- Project: Interior AK
- Location: Saint-Petersburg, Russia
- Total area (m²) 62
- Year 2015
Wednesday, November 29th, 2017
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
Construction works have begun on the Bora Residential Tower in Mexico City. Commissioned in 2015 by Nemesis Capital, a Mexican company committed to building new communities of the highest standards, the tower is within Santa Fe, an important business district in the west of Mexico City with a rapidly growing community that includes 3 universities and the regional offices of Microsoft, Apple, Sony, Roche and Amazon.
Image Courtesy © Zaha Hadid Architects
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: Bora Residential Tower
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Client: Nemesis Capital
- ZHA Project Director: Juan Ignacio Aranguren
- ZHA Project Architects: Andrés Arias Madrid, Pierandrea Angius
- ZHA Concept Design Team: Saman Saffarian (Design Lead), Johannes Elias, Julia Hyoun Hee Na, Lisa Kinnerud, Kate Revyakina
- Structural Engineer (Concept): BAC – García Jarque Ingenieros
- MEP Engineer (Concept): PGI Engineering
- Façade Engineer (Concept): Front Inc.
- Visualizations (Concept): LabTop