Archive for the ‘Apartments’ Category
Monday, September 11th, 2017
Article source: MUS ARCHITECTS
The character of the interior is created by skeleton of solids levitating in space. Black frames organize a functional program by emphasizing its components.
The base of the project intervention is the apartment, located in a renovated old tenement house near the Wawel castle in cracow, poland. It is a small place with a surface of 46m2, but with a height of 330cm in the light of the room which allows the design team to think of the local stratification of utility functions and the creation of a mezzanine. by analyzing the requirements and lifestyle of the customer, MUS architects has thought maximizing the open living space and creating a bedroom on the mezzanine above the entrance belt of the apartment.
Image Courtesy © Janina Tynska
- Architects: MUS ARCHITECTS
- Project: Wireframe
- Location: Kraków, Poland
- Photography: Janina Tynska
Wednesday, September 6th, 2017
Article source: ZAHA HADID ARCHITECTS
The Residential plot is composed by 7 linear buildings set along a continuous path around two land areas: Rc1, including buildings C1- C2-C3 and Rc2 with buildings C4-C5-C6-C7. The land areas are divided by a strip of public park.
Image Courtesy © David Bombelli
- Architects: ZAHA HADID ARCHITECTS
- Project: City Life Milano Residential Complex
- Location: Milan, Italy
- Photography: David Bombelli, Gionata Xerra
- Project Director: Gianluca Racana
- Project Architect: Maurizio Meossi
- Design Team: Vincenzo Barilari, Cristina Capanna, Giacomo Sanna, Paola Bettinsoli, Gianluca Bilotta, Fabio Ceci,Veronica Erspamer, Arianna Francioni, Stefano Iacopini, Mario Mattia, Serena Pietrantonj, Florindo Ricciuti, Giulia Scaglietta, Giovanna Sylos Labini, Anja Simons, Marta Suarez, Tamara Tancorre, Giuseppe Vultaggio, Massimiliano Piccinini, Samuele Sordi, Alessandra Belia
- Site Supervision Team: Cristina Capanna, Veronica Erspamer, Stefano Iacopini, Giulia Scaglietta, Florindo Ricciuti
Monday, September 4th, 2017
Article source: Urko Sanchez Architects
The project consists in 14 apartments in Tudor Creek, Mombasa-Kenya. Characterized by a moucharabiah structural shell, it is distinct with its search for privacy and optimized natural ventilation and light. With our vision, the apartments benefit from the experience of outdoor living, contact with nature and the integration of the surroundings into each private home.
Image Courtesy © Javier Callejas
- Architects: Urko Sanchez Architects
- Project: Tudor Apartments
- Location: Mombasa, Kenya
- Photography: Javier Callejas
- Team: Urko Sanchez, Estrella de Andrés, Marcos Velasco, Ahmed Shamuti.
Friday, September 1st, 2017
Article source: DARIEL STUDIO
The last on-to-date residential project designed by Dariel Studio is a truly modern fantasy. Located in the vibrant Sanlitun area, this 1500 sqm apartment features an extra-ordinary décor that pays homage to the client’s eccentric personality.
12 apartments spread over the two last floors of the building have been reunited to give shape to the current penthouse. Thomas Dariel ‘s new interior creates volumes that offer a sense of space, a feeling of immensity.
Image Courtesy © DARIEL STUDIO
- Architects: DARIEL STUDIO
- Project: Beijing Apartment
- Location: Beijing, China
- Design Company: Dariel Studio
- Designer: Thomas DARIEL
- Project manager: Nathan HOU
- Area: 1500 m2
- Completion Time: May, 2014
Thursday, August 31st, 2017
Article source: v2com
This Manhattan apartment underwent a complete renovation, led by the Washington DC-based design firm Solis Betancourt & Sherrill. The goal of designers Paul Sherrill and Jose Solis Betancourt was to create a colorful pied-a-terre that could showcase the client’s collection of Latin American art. It was important to create interiors that reflected the client’s elegant lifestyle, but that could also serve as a comfortable place where the client can spend time with her grandchildren.
Image Courtesy © Jackson Hill
- Architects: Solis Betancourt & Sherrill
- Project: Manhattan Pre-War Apartment Renovation
- Location: New York, USA
- Photography: Jackson Hill, Marcos Galvany
- Area: 1800 SF
Tuesday, August 29th, 2017
Article source: Le Atelier
Our client spent her whole childhood in this apartment, and we were to make it Home for her and her husband. It makes a great difference between reconstructing an old apartment and working with a new one, where you should simply customize and personalize an empty box. In this project the space, originally, was not empty, but was full of memories and emotions. This is exactly the case when you are facing a dual task — you should keep the memories skipping some them and adding something new at the same time. A lot of our spatial decisions were based on this very idea of duality.
Image Courtesy © Le Atelier
- Architects: Le Atelier
- Project: Pirogovka Apartment
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Software used: Autocad, SketchUp
Sunday, August 27th, 2017
Article source: RICARDO BOFILL TALLER DE ARQUITECTURA
Mix-use urban landmark, which includes a transportation centre, a retail hub, a neighbourhood with elegant double orientation apartments. The balanced Master Plan encourages social activities. Public facilities such as sports club, health & spa, restaurants, office space, residential space are all mixed in one ideal city model, an original example of XXI Century urbanity and life-style.
Image Courtesy © RICARDO BOFILL TALLER DE ARQUITECTURA
Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017
Article source: AGi Architects
Wafra Vertical Housing introduces a new concept to urban living that adapts to the evolving lifestyle of 21st Century contemporary Kuwait. Considering the increasing demand for land in the city, the transformation of single family dwelling typologies becomes a must, where tenants should be able to enjoy privacy as well as benefit from vertical solution amenities and prime location.
Image Courtesy © AGi architects
- Architects: AGi Architects (Nasser B. Abulhasan, Joaquín Pérez-Goicoechea)
- Project: Wind Tower
- Location: Salmiya, Kuwait
- Client: Wafra Real Estate Co.
- Project Leaders: Stefania Rendinelli, Lulu Alawadhi
- Project Team: Georg Thesing, Juan Carlos Jimenez, Cristina Ruiz, Alfredo Carrato, Ehsan Abdulrasoul Rahimi, Ibrahim Abu Fayyad
- Engineers: Arturo Macusi, Joseph Thomas
- Area: 6,500 sqm
- Date: 2014-2017
Friday, August 18th, 2017
Article source: Jan Henrik Hansen
The site possesses an impressive view over Zurich, the lake and the mountains due to its location on the Zürichberg. The building geometry was developed as a result of maximization of space within the legal framework. In order to let the surfaces of the volume respond to light and environment through their inclination angle, a sculptural relief in anodized aluminum was developed for roof and facade, which gives the building a natural appearance, despite its materiality.
Image Courtesy © Jan Henrik Hansen
- Architects: Jan Henrik Hansen
- Project: Apartment Building On The Zurichberg
- Location: Zurich Witikon, Switzerland
- Project team: Jan Henrik Hansen, Ioanna Intze (project manager), Vadim Unger, Manuel Weber
- Status: Completed 2014
Thursday, August 17th, 2017
Article source: TC LAUGHLIN PUBLIC RELATIONS GROUP, INC.
Situated at the corner of 4th Avenue and 1st Street in the coveted Park Slope neighborhood of Brooklyn, 251 1st by ODA New York is the firm’s latest manifestation of its steadfast commitment to improving quality of life in urban areas. In this case—taking a page from its well-documented playbook—ODA’s inflected the building’s upper massing with a cascade of setbacks and terraces, yielding substantial outdoor space, as well as multiple exposures for units.
Image Courtesy © Imagen Subliminal