Archive for the ‘Apartments’ Category
Tuesday, March 1st, 2016
Article source: SV60 Cordón & Liñán Arquitectos
Given the uniqueness of the initiative designed to provide subsidised housing based on an attitude that is contemporary and sensitive to current social trends, a comprehensive strategy has been adopted based on an interpretation of the PLACE and typological research based on improving living conditions and processes in order to give rise to quality housing that is sustainable and adapted to the various considerations that influence the construction of the architectural concept.
Image Courtesy © SV60 Cordón & Liñán Arquitectos
Tuesday, March 1st, 2016
Article source: Zest Architecture
In a building in Gracia, where the owners owned two apartments one on top of the other, ZEST was asked to create a spacious, welcoming family home.
The brief included the creation of both a dedicated music room, suitable for small concerts of chamber music, and a library and study.
Image Courtesy © Lluís Casals
- Architects: Zest Architecture
- Project: Duplex in Gracia
- Location: Gracia, Barcelona. Spain
- Photography: Lluís Casals
- Construction: ConstruccionsEdinou, sl
- Steel work: Germans Turró, sl
- Engineers: Portet
- Kitchen: Bulthaup
- Wood work: Rocas
- Project’s team: Co Govers and Joana Ramalhete
- Area: 277 sqm (Ground Floor:103sqm, First Floor: 83 sqm, Terrace: 91 sqm)
- Project: January 2012-January 2013
- Construction: January 2013-March 2014
Tuesday, March 1st, 2016
Article source: Philippon – Kalt Architectes Urbanistes
The project for 66 social housing units and retail units, in two six-storey buildings, stands out due to its wood-covered lightweight openwork facade.
Image Courtesy © PHILIPPON – KALT ARCHITECTES URBANISTES
- Architects: Philippon – Kalt Architectes Urbanistes
- Project: 66 social housing units and retail units
- Location: Choisy-le-Roi, France
- Client: Expansiel Promotion
- Energy performance: RT 2012 -30% Effinergie
- Total surface area: 4,543 m² floor area | 4,780 m² gross surface area
- Cost of works: €7.5m, exclusive of taxes
Saturday, February 27th, 2016
Article source: atelier qbe3
Listening, watching, covering, renewing, experimenting: these are the main topics in the restructuring of this small apartment in Borgo San Dalmazzo (CN), Italy.
Image Courtesy © Centrophoto.com
- Architects: atelier qbe3
- Project: Reborn
- Location: Borgo San Dalmazzo (CN), Piemonte, Italy
- Photography: Centrophoto.com
- Team: Francesco Badoero, Stefano William Costa, Valentina Garis
- Lighting Project: Dario Defilippi, Guido Casella
- Total Area: 23 m2
- Year: 2014
Thursday, February 18th, 2016
Article source: dmvA
Since more than 130 years, ‘Hooghuys’ is part of the the site Lorette Convent, composed of different wings surrounded by the Drabstraat, the Begijnenstraat and the Graspoort. The city block of Lorette Convent is characterised by two outer spaces, a triangular large courtyard and a more rectangular like smaller space.
Since 1989 the site was abandoned. A vacancy of more than 20 years turned the site and the Hooghuys into a ruin.
Image Courtesy © Bart Gosselin
- Architects: dmvA
- Project: Lorette convent
- Location: Drabstraat 6-10, 2800 Mechelen, Belgium
- Photography: Bart Gosselin
- Software used: Archicad 19
- Principal: City Site, Van Poppel
- General contractor: Bouwbedrijf Van Poppel nv
- Structional engineer: Jan Van Aelst
- Built area: Restoration Hooghuys (965 m2), Apartments and parking (3770 m2)
- Completion: 2014
Sunday, February 14th, 2016
Article source: BURO II & ARCHI+I
A spectacular before & after
The building is located in the city centre, where the offices and social housing apartments of the Mandel used to be. The building was converted into a residential building comprising 10 spacious apartments, 2 penthouses, 9 garages and a basement. The Boterbloem project tackles the challenge of combining top class architecture with the renovation of an apartment building, situated in an exclusive location in the centre of Roeselaere, and turn it into a beautiful, contemporary architectural concept.
Image Courtesy © Hannes Verstraete
- Architects: BURO II & ARCHI+I
- Project: BOTERBLOEM FOR HABITAR
- Location: Roeseselare, Belgium
- Photography: Hannes Verstraete
- Client: Habitar bvba
- Team: In collaboration with Ingrid Lesage Creations, Ing. Claude Labeeuw [project director], Arch. Steven Vanwildemeersch [design architect], Ir. arch. Fanny Dorme [design architect], Arch. Lorenzo Kemel [project architect]
- Status: Handover date: 2016
Friday, February 12th, 2016
Article source: Jacques Ferrier + chartier dalix architectes
The new metropolitan landscape of Paris.
This reinventer. Paris project offers a unique opportunity to transform the metropolis at a highly strategic spot: the Boulevard Périphérique (ring road). The team is proposing to metamorphosis this area into a shared landscape, to create openings and continuities, and to weave into it a network of gardens extending well beyond the site to connect Paris and Neuilly, from the Bois de Boulogne all the way to the Porte de Champerret.
Image Courtesy © Jacques Ferrier + chartier dalix
- Architects: Jacques Ferrier + chartier dalix architectes
- Project: TERNES The Multi-Layered City
- Location: Paris, France
- Photography: Jacques Ferrier + chartier dalix, SPLANN
- Lead contractor: Jacques Ferrier architecture, charitier dalix architects, paris, with SLA landscaper, Copenhagen
- Operating partners: 3F (social housing landlord), Comptoir Richard (Tea grower), Mugo (urban framer), Arval (Car-sharing operator)
- Innovation partners: Woodeum (wood conceptor), Serge Airaudi (philosopher et ethnologist), Atelier BNP Paribas, Afnor, spice, Soft, Fluicity (community construction platform)
- Main technical Partners: Terrell (structure), Elithis (Fluids), DAL (Economist)
- Program: Offices (11,000 m2), housing for first-time buyers (4,200m2), social housing (1,800m2), School of Horticulture, tea grower boutique, retail shop.
- Visuals: Jacques Ferrier chartier dalix architectes / image SPLANN (perspective) / Jacques Ferrier chartier dalix architects (model)
- Client: BPN Paribas Real Estate, NBIM (investor)
- Surface area: 20,000m2
- Competition: January 2016
- Budget for work: NA
Tuesday, February 9th, 2016
Article source: B29 architects
In the heart of Geneva, in the old city, a humble apartment gets transformed in an interesting example of how much beauty can fit in a small house. The main concept was to insert architectural elements and functional objects in the existing situation, that, put in strategical positions, were able to redefine the margins and transform the spatiality whithout substantially changing the form.
Image Courtesy © B29 architects
- Architects: B29 architects
- Project: Transformation of an apartment
- Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Tuesday, February 9th, 2016
Article source: MAYR-KEBER ZIVILTECHNIKER GMBH
The existing corner-plot of Familien wohnbau is bordered by Langobar den strasse on the north-eastern side and by Aribogasse on the south eastern side. The site offers a plot of circa40x34 metres. The property can be seenas even, the level difference along the building lines amounts to 16 centimetres max.
Image Courtesy © Elisabeth Mayr-Keber
- Architects: MAYR-KEBER ZIVILTECHNIKER GMBH (GMMK)
- Project: Apartment Building Stadlau
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Photography: Elisabeth Mayr-Keber, Dipl.Ing. Johanna Mayr-Keber, Dipl.Ing. Christian Berger
Friday, January 29th, 2016
Article source: dep studio
The intervention consists in the reorganization of the interior spaces of an apartment to get a new room and upgrade your stay.
The creation of a double-sided cabinet has allowed the elimination of the corridor for the rooms while preserving the privacy of the rooms. The new furniture , custom made , including closed containers and compartments highlighted by the dark coloration that breaks the glossy white doors.
Image Courtesy © dep studio
- Architects: dep studio
- Project: Casa luc
- Location: Palazzolo sull’Oglio, Italy