Archive for the ‘Apartments’ Category
Friday, February 12th, 2016
Article source: Jacques Ferrier + chartier dalix architectes
The new metropolitan landscape of Paris.
This reinventer. Paris project offers a unique opportunity to transform the metropolis at a highly strategic spot: the Boulevard Périphérique (ring road). The team is proposing to metamorphosis this area into a shared landscape, to create openings and continuities, and to weave into it a network of gardens extending well beyond the site to connect Paris and Neuilly, from the Bois de Boulogne all the way to the Porte de Champerret.
Image Courtesy © Jacques Ferrier + chartier dalix
- Architects: Jacques Ferrier + chartier dalix architectes
- Project: TERNES The Multi-Layered City
- Location: Paris, France
- Photography: Jacques Ferrier + chartier dalix, SPLANN
- Lead contractor: Jacques Ferrier architecture, charitier dalix architects, paris, with SLA landscaper, Copenhagen
- Operating partners: 3F (social housing landlord), Comptoir Richard (Tea grower), Mugo (urban framer), Arval (Car-sharing operator)
- Innovation partners: Woodeum (wood conceptor), Serge Airaudi (philosopher et ethnologist), Atelier BNP Paribas, Afnor, spice, Soft, Fluicity (community construction platform)
- Main technical Partners: Terrell (structure), Elithis (Fluids), DAL (Economist)
- Program: Offices (11,000 m2), housing for first-time buyers (4,200m2), social housing (1,800m2), School of Horticulture, tea grower boutique, retail shop.
- Visuals: Jacques Ferrier chartier dalix architectes / image SPLANN (perspective) / Jacques Ferrier chartier dalix architects (model)
- Client: BPN Paribas Real Estate, NBIM (investor)
- Surface area: 20,000m2
- Competition: January 2016
- Budget for work: NA
Tuesday, February 9th, 2016
Article source: B29 architects
In the heart of Geneva, in the old city, a humble apartment gets transformed in an interesting example of how much beauty can fit in a small house. The main concept was to insert architectural elements and functional objects in the existing situation, that, put in strategical positions, were able to redefine the margins and transform the spatiality whithout substantially changing the form.
Image Courtesy © B29 architects
- Architects: B29 architects
- Project: Transformation of an apartment
- Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Tuesday, February 9th, 2016
Article source: MAYR-KEBER ZIVILTECHNIKER GMBH
The existing corner-plot of Familien wohnbau is bordered by Langobar den strasse on the north-eastern side and by Aribogasse on the south eastern side. The site offers a plot of circa40x34 metres. The property can be seenas even, the level difference along the building lines amounts to 16 centimetres max.
Image Courtesy © Elisabeth Mayr-Keber
- Architects: MAYR-KEBER ZIVILTECHNIKER GMBH (GMMK)
- Project: Apartment Building Stadlau
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Photography: Elisabeth Mayr-Keber, Dipl.Ing. Johanna Mayr-Keber, Dipl.Ing. Christian Berger
Friday, January 29th, 2016
Article source: dep studio
The intervention consists in the reorganization of the interior spaces of an apartment to get a new room and upgrade your stay.
The creation of a double-sided cabinet has allowed the elimination of the corridor for the rooms while preserving the privacy of the rooms. The new furniture , custom made , including closed containers and compartments highlighted by the dark coloration that breaks the glossy white doors.
Image Courtesy © dep studio
- Architects: dep studio
- Project: Casa luc
- Location: Palazzolo sull’Oglio, Italy
Friday, January 29th, 2016
Article source: LCArchitetti
The project is a renovation work which has completely changed the distribution and the interior space of a 120 sm apartment built in the 60’s in Varese. The old partition walls and the long corridor have been demolished to give place to three big boxes inside the apartment; the new volumes, which contain the two bathrooms, the kitchen and the walk-in-closet, enlarge the space and define the rooms, leaving freedom of movement across the space and new perspectives.
Image Courtesy © LCArchitetti
- Architects: LCArchitetti
- Project: Wood and iron apartment
- Location: Varese, Italy
Sunday, January 24th, 2016
Article source: FABRE/deMARIEN
‘Rue Achard’ is the main artery in the Bacalan area created by the lengthening of the Bordeaux quayside. The project sits on two small Greenfield sites, each roughly 600m2, one at the junction of ‘rue Achard’ and ‘rue de la Delbos’ (building A), and the other behind running the length of the ‘cité Tirepois’, (building B). The whole articulate around this preserved field path. In the neighbourhood, it is the last of its kind – at the very least, the only one which kept this specific nature.
Image Courtesy © Stéphane Chalmeau
- Architects: FABRE/deMARIEN
- Project: TIREPOIS
- Location: Rue Achard à Bordeaux Bacalan, France
- Photography: Stéphane Chalmeau
- Label: BBC – Zero Energy
- Client: AXANIS
- Floor Area: 1330 m²
- Budget : 1 995 000 € HT
- Completion : June 2015
Thursday, January 21st, 2016
Article source: inSpace architecture
Located on the southeastern edge of the residential neighborhood of Saint Louis-les-Grésillons, facing a large swathe of vegetation in the unbuilt floodplain of a meander of the Seine, the shape of the lot results from a restructuring of a much larger city block previously occupied by a hostel for migrant workers. The project stands at the southwest corner of the block and is delimited by the chemin de Beauregard on the south side, the rue de la Chapelle on the west side and a new road on the north side.
Image Courtesy © Hervé Abbadie
- Architects: inSpace architecture
- Project: APARTMENT BUILDINGS WITH 62 UNITS OF SOCIAL HOUSING
- Location: Carrières-sous-Poissy, France
- BET: Ingéron ingénierie (BET technique)
- Contractor: Immobilière 3F
- Surface: 5287,60 m²
- Cost: 7,6M€ before tax
- Calendar: delivered in june 2015
- Photographs: Hervé Abbadie
Saturday, January 16th, 2016
Article source: Andrea rubini architetto
Project house#01 is the result of a 80 square meter apartment (end 1950s) renovation in Vigevano.
I tried merging different cultures, from the love for designers AG Fronzoni and Prouvè on the one hand and my wife’s Scandinavian influence on the other. The outcome is a mix of contemporary elements – tied to our chronological age – accompanied by items from the ’50s/60s that are linked to the age of the building we live in.
Image Courtesy © Andrea rubini architetto
Friday, January 15th, 2016
Article source: Studio Wills + Architects
Untitled #7 is a renovation to an old 2-storey apartment at The Arris, located within Tanjong Pagar Area in Singapore.
The original pared-down interior stood in stark contrast with a context consisting of an eclectic mix of shop houses adorned with multiple colours, materials, textures and ornaments: There was a strong division between the interior and the external environment.
On the left, the original pared-down Living and on the right, the new BLUE BOX of Open Kitchen, Dining and ancillary spaces, Image Courtesy © Beton Brut
Wednesday, January 13th, 2016
Article source: YCL
A 114-sq.m. area apartment in Strasbourg, France, where sophisticated old-fashioned elegance meets modern design. Designing functionally comfortable and aesthetic residential environment preserving the authentic elements of the interior of the apartment and interpreting classics in modern light was important to us, as architects. We wanted to distinguish several important elements – what is new and what is authentic. We arranged all this by choosing several combinations of colours: new elements are in darker shades and the antique elements remain white.
Image Courtesy © Andrius Stepankevičius
- Architects: YCL
- Project: STRAUSS apartment
- Location: Strauss Durkheim str., 67000 Strasbourg, France
- Photography: Andrius Stepankevičius
- Team: Tomas Umbrasas, Aidas Barzda, Tautvydas Vileikis, Rokas Kontvainis
- Size: 114 sq.m.
- Realization date: 2015