Archive for the ‘Apartments’ Category
Saturday, July 11th, 2015
Article source: Egue y Seta
Looking for a flat to rent? Read between the lines:
Spacious and bright = empty and painted in white.
Great potential = really needs to be renovated!
Charming = Old, really old!
Functional or cosy = small.
For couples: small
Singles: really small.
Ideal for students: barely habitable
Diaphanous Loft: You´ll sleep in the kitchen
Arrange a visit: Not even in photographs it looks ok
Parquet Flooring : The rest of the finishes is not worth commenting.
The Real state market for rental housing is highly competitive, full of vices and most of its advertisement pieces sound like siren calls. None of these, nevertheless, lack explanation: Property owners are bound to invest with caution, they need to hit the target of the particular taste of a potential but undetermined client, but most importantly they seem to be obliged to prescribe furniture and finishes tested against the most indolent of lifestyles.
Image Courtesy © Egue y Seta
- Architects: Egue y Seta
- Project: A Coruña for rent?
- Location: A Coruña, Spain
Tuesday, July 7th, 2015
Article source: UMA Collective
Refurbishment of a 50sqm apartment dating from the 1961, located nearby to several Lisbon Universities in Ajuda. The existing apartment didn’t have any relevant feature besides its great location and river view.
Image Courtesy © Rui Cruz
- Architects: UMA Collective
- Project: Xadrez Student’s Apartment
- Location: Beco do Xadrez, Ajuda, Lisbon, Portugal
- Photography: Rui Cruz, UMA Collective
- Team: Jónatas Lareiro, Rui Cruz
- Area: 50sqm
- Year: 2014
Sunday, July 5th, 2015
Article source: Francisco Mangado
The project tries to reconcile the privacy of the dwellings with attention to goings-on outside the block, so in the floor plan, the units are arranged in such a way that on the south side, towards the area that will accommodate offices and the ‘City of Justice’, a public zone will offer cafés, restaurants, stores, etc.; a recreational hub that will also be representative and vital in terms of exchange of functions, and therefore urban and with economic potential.
Image Courtesy © ROLAND HALBE
- Architects: Francisco Mangado
- Project: 177 Social Dwellings
- Location: Valdebebas, Spain
- Photography: ROLAND HALBE
- Architecture: Idoia Alonso Barberena, Alejandra Muelas, Sonia Alves
- Structural engineering: Jaime Clua Martinez. Ingeniero
- Installations engineering: Ingenieros JG S.A. Luis Molina
- Entidad propietaria: Bisbel-Hispania
- Construction area: 34.930 m2
- Competition: 2009. First prize of Competition
- Project: 2010
- Construction: 2014
Thursday, July 2nd, 2015
Article source: dontDIY
The apartment is situated on the first floor of an old building in the Sofia city centre. The main aim of the interior project was to maximise the intake of natural light inside the rooms and to create comfortable contemporary living conditions. The vestibule was enlarged at the expense of a small utilities room, while the former kitchen was transformed into a wardrobe room.
Image Courtesy © Asen Emilov
- Architects: dontDIY
- Project: Apartment V01
- Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
- Photography: Asen Emilov
- Area: 79 sq.m.
- Project: March-June 2012
- Realisation: June-March 2013
Wednesday, July 1st, 2015
Article source: BURO II & ARCHI+I
The social housing company Goedkope Woning at Kortrĳ k initiated a comprehensive upgrade of its outdated assets in 2008. It intentionally put the emphasis on healthier homes, rational and more efficient use of space, lower energy consumption and low maintenance costs. At the same time, it also aims fundamentally to reorient the liveability of the neighbourhoods, to integrate into the existing social setting to the greatest possible extent.
Image Courtesy © Gerald Van Rafelghem
- Architects: BURO II & ARCHI+I
- Project: Social Housing Estate Venning
- Location: Spinnerĳkaai, Tapĳtweverstraat, Tekenaarslaan, Damastweverstraat in Kortrĳk, Belgium
- Photography: Gerald Van Rafelghem
- Team: Urban planner: Arch. Herman Jult [project director], Arch. Dieter Haemers [design architect], Ir. arch. Nancy Latruwe [project architect], Urban planner-arch. Bart Dewilde [urban planning] – Landscapes, architect Marjolein Eggermont [landscape architecture], Int.arch. Bart Decloedt [interior architect], Antoon Vancommernolle [structural conception], Frederik Carrein [structural work]
- Client: Goedkope Woning cvba
- Masterplanning: evr-Architecten
- Phase 1a (bloc ABC): 70 apartements + 45 semi-subterranean parkings
- Phase 1b (bloc D): 12 pile dwellings of which 6 are for disabled people + 17 adjacent parkings
- Phase 2: 64 land-based new homes with garden [replacement construction], of which 24 pile dwellings
- Phase 3: 50 houses to renovate
- Phase 4: Public roads, sewerage and environmental work (more…)
Thursday, June 18th, 2015
Article source: VH designs studio
An interior for Shah family. Design team have tried to get the glamour with lowest possible expenditure on the project. The reshuffling of the spaces were major time consuming process. A neat out look with very tidy & minimum elements speaks the language of the interior.
Image Courtesy © VH designs studio
Friday, June 12th, 2015
Article source: Kababie Arquitectos
The KM apartment has the distinction of having two levels, in which the program places public spaces downstairs and private spaces upstairs. These two levels communicate through the sculptural staircase, which has an important role in space and connects the first level with an office / library on the upper level which also operates as a family reunion place.
Image Courtesy © Kababie Arquitectos
Sunday, June 7th, 2015
XVIII century building attic area renovation to three-level penthouse:
“The architect and interior designer Svetozar Andreev needed a lot of imagination skills when he saw the attic of the house he had to redesign. In the result, he turned a dirty attic with a leaky roof into a modern 3-level penthouse apartment. The powerful sunshine through the big rooftop windows fill the whole apartment with natural light. In an interior, besides furniture of well-known brands, the most part of subjects is created according to Svetozar Andreev’s sketches: the kitchen tables, systems of built-in furniture are made especially for this interior.The large terrace allows an owner to have a barbecue on an open air, and it is simple to admire historic center of the city without leaving own apartment.”
Image Courtesy © Peter Lebedev
- Architects: Svetozar Andreev Architectural Studio
- Project: Three level penthouse
- Photography: Peter Lebedev
- Software used: 3ds Max, Vray, Autocad
- Total frea: 390 sq. meters.
- Terrace area: 120 sq. meters.
Sunday, June 7th, 2015
Article source: Zeinstra van Gelderen Architecten
In the context of the IJdock complex, where the building volumes result from cutting sightlines out of a rectangular mass, we have merged the obvious associations with ships, rocks or the strange forms of building block in the traditional city into one building, without being too literal.
Image Courtesy © Zeinstra van Gelderen Architecten
- Architects: Zeinstra van Gelderen Architecten
- Project: IJdock Housing
- Design: Jurjen Zeinstra, Mikel van Geldere
- Collaborators: Peter Nagtzaam, Tjerk Bosker, Angelique Haver
- Client: ASR Real Estate Development
- Engineer: Cor Smit (Royal Haskoning
- Building Physics: Peutz
- Finished: January 2013
- Construction Costs: € 13.700.000,-
Friday, June 5th, 2015
Article source: Arquitectura en Movimiento Workshop
Just BE is an apartment building located in Colonia Condesa, a neighborhood renowned for its social and commercial activity as well as its nightlife. The building sits on the same street as the Fondo de Cultura (Cultural Fund) and the old Bella Época cinema theater, a 1940’s building with a 20-meter high tower that is an icon in the area.
Image Courtesy © Arquitectura en Movimiento Workshop