Archive for the ‘Apartments’ Category
Wednesday, August 19th, 2015
Article source: Thomas Landemaine Architectes
The project of collective housing in Aigues-Mortes has been developed within an exceptional site, living witness of the 70s. The building is located in a factory estate whose architecture is marked by a modern style. The plot occupies a key spot; the work has to manage the transition from a scale to another, between 3-storey housings and individual houses the latter being scattered at the rear of the plot, on the property line.
Image Courtesy © Thomas Landemaine Architectes
- Architects: Thomas Landemaine Architectes
- Project: Social Housing
- Location: Aigues-Mortes, Languedoc-Roussillon, France
- Program : 15 social housing, 2 public spaces (tax center and police station)
- Project Lead : Grand Delta Habitat, City of Aigues-Mortes
- Project year : 2015
Tuesday, August 18th, 2015
Article source: MULTIPLAN ARHITEKTI
The area is situated in the elite part of the city of Ljubljana, which is considered to offer qualitative living standard within regulated systems of neighbourhoods and settlements, planned as distinctive ambient entity within the urban morphology.Moderate articulated design of the buildings aims in a specific way to provide and accentuate those parameters that offer primary a friendly and qualitative accommodation within these concentrated settlement systems.
Image Courtesy © Miran Kambič
- Architects: MULTIPLAN ARHITEKTI
- Project: Balcony apartments- housing Brdo
- Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Photography: Miran Kambič
- Client: Housing Fund of the Republic of Slovenia, Public Fund
- Status: built 2014
- Project: 2005-2010
- Type: housing
- 5 building units: 187 appartments
- Site area: 15.388 m2 (more…)
Sunday, August 16th, 2015
Article source: NEXT architects
The site is located next to a branch of the Min River. The aim of the master plan is the exploit the proximity of water by connecting to as many buildings as possible.The main master plan concept is symbolised by a hand touching the water, each finger represents a tongue of land reaching towards the river. Perpendicular to the tongue of land, the buildings directly face the water.
Image Courtesy © NEXT architects
- Architects: NEXT architects
- Project: LIANJIANG BUTTERFLY BAY
- Location: Lianjiang, China
- Photography: NEXT architects
- Client: Citychamp Real Estate
- Type / Program / Purpose: 70 Villa’s, Townhouses (85 units), Two apartment towers (180 units), Boutique hotel, (88 rooms), Commerce, Underground parking
- Floor area: 120,000sqm
- Completion: 2015
Sunday, August 16th, 2015
Article source: Itai Palti
The space began as mish-mash of small rooms and corridors – the result of years of informal additions and alterations to the building. Located in Jaffa, an old neighbourhood within Tel Aviv, the apartment was originally created by joining two neighbouring rooms separated by a narrow passage. Palti’s first priority was to check and strengthen the structure, and from there reorganise the spaces.
Image Courtesy © Gidon Levin
- Architects: Itai Palti
- Project: Jaffa Garden Apartment
- Location: Jaffa, Israel
- Photography: Gidon Levin
- Area: 50 SQM
- Clients: Young couple
- Completed: Spring, 2015
Wednesday, August 12th, 2015
Article source: ARHITEKTURA D.O.O.
The apartment is situated in a newly built housing project in Ljubljana. Our client was a vibrant young couple who was looking for an open living space connected with various functions.
Image Courtesy © Jure Goršič
- Architects: ARHITEKTURA D.O.O.
- Project: Black Line Apartment
- Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Photography: Jure Goršič
- Authors: BoštjanGabrijelčič, AlešGabrijelčič
- Investor: private
- Construction year: May 2015
Tuesday, August 11th, 2015
Article source: SimpsonHaugh and Partners
Work has started on site for a new premier residential tower on East India Dock,overlooking Canary Wharf in London. Designed by award-winning architects SimpsonHaugh and Partners for Mount Anvil, awarded Developer of the Year 2015 (up to 1,000 homes), and Citystyle Homes, Dollar Bay will be situated opposite the o2 Arena and provide unrivalled views of the River Thames and the Canary Wharf docks.
Image Courtesy © SimpsonHaugh and Partners
Saturday, August 8th, 2015
Article source: ALRICGALINDEZ ARQUITECTOS
Dachas is a housing complex located in Bariloche in a sloped site facing the Nahuel Huapi lake. The word Dachas comes from Russian, meaning country home, log cabin, small rest area in a rural setting. The site is limited in its upper and lower sides by streets hidden in a dense woodland area, a peculiar urban situation, in which the building plays a key role in opening the area and introducing the landscape into the site.
Image Courtesy © Albano García
- Architects: ALRICGALINDEZ ARQUITECTOS
- Project: Dachas
- Location: Bariloche, Argentina.
- Photography: Albano García
- Software used: Autocad
- Collaborators: Alfredo Quiroga, Joaquin Adot
- Structural Engineer: Ing. Susana Marconi
- Construction: Daniel Miranda
- Site area: 600 m2
- Floor area: 161 m2
- Project year: 2008
- Construction year: 2009/2010
Friday, July 31st, 2015
Article source: Vector Architects
Like many other cities in China, Hefei is undergoing a rapid transformation. The original urban fabric was torn apart and discarded, replaced by giant blocks of anonymous structures and forms. The present Hefei is just a fleeting moment on its relentless march toward the future. So, we call it a “Momentary City”.
Image Courtesy © Shuhe Photo
- Architects: Vector Architects
- Project: Momentary City
- Location: Hefei, China
- Photography: Shuhe Photo
- Software used: Sketchup, Vray
- Client: CR Land
- Structural/Mechanical Engineer: Huanyu Design Institute, Hefei (more…)
Friday, July 24th, 2015
Article source: PICH-AGUILERA Architects
The project of Gavà is a block of social housing, developed by Aram Foundation. Since the project’s inception in 2009 until the completion of the work in 2013, public andbank’s helps have suffered such deep changes that have destabilized, mainly to citizens in need of affordable housing, and also, to foundations or companies that promote this type of activity.
Image Courtesy © PICH-AGUILERA Architects
- Architects: PICH-AGUILERA Architects
- Project: 30 social dwellings in Gavà
- Location: Gavà, Spain
- Software used: Autocad, Sketchup, Cype, Calener, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Authors: Felip Pich-Aguilera Baurier. Architect, Teresa Batlle i Pagès.Architect
- Developer: Fundació ARAM
- Group Directors: Pau Casaldàliga, Àngel Sendarrubias
- Head of project: Jordi París
- Intern colaborators: Salvador Girvent
- Construction volume: 2763.18 m2
- Parking: 739.07 m2
- Final cost: 1.966.090,05 €
Thursday, July 23rd, 2015
Article source: AtelierBlur/Georges Hung Architecte D.P.L.G. & Partners
Competition winning scheme for Plot 15 of the MOLEWA residential design competition in Ruichang, Jianxi Provence of China.
Residential design in China faces multitudes of restrictive design issues: One, facing heavy regulations imposed by local planning bureaus residential design often results in very strict interpretations of massing and building separations. Second, a developer-led and market driven standard of apartment layout creates a homogeneous and monotonous building typology that litters the urban landscape offering very little choice to potential buyer / inhabitants. Thirdly, out-of-date local customs remains a design barrier that is difficult to overcome by users accustomed to certain arrangements of functional layout that is a reflection of the developer-led model, fueling the perpetual circle of the same type of residential layouts.
Image Courtesy © AtelierBlur/Georges Hung Architecte D.P.L.G. & Partners