Archive for the ‘Apartments’ Category
Friday, June 5th, 2015
Article source: Arquitectura en Movimiento Workshop
Just BE is an apartment building located in Colonia Condesa, a neighborhood renowned for its social and commercial activity as well as its nightlife. The building sits on the same street as the Fondo de Cultura (Cultural Fund) and the old Bella Época cinema theater, a 1940’s building with a 20-meter high tower that is an icon in the area.
Image Courtesy © Arquitectura en Movimiento Workshop
Thursday, June 4th, 2015
Article source: PPAG architects ztgmbh
Inner-city redensification as a highly worthwhile form of living: a joint building venture with whom the property owner’s son was acquainted used the attic space of a typical 19th century gründerzeit building as an excellently located development site. Hardly visible from the street, a unique world unfolds 16 metres above ground level, offering panoramic views over the city.
inclined structure on street side, Image Courtesy © Roland Krauss
- Architects: PPAG architects ztgmbh
- Project: Village on the roof
- Location: Radetzkystraße, Vienna, Austria
- Photography: Roland Krauss
- Client: Baugruppe Radetzkystraße, Vienna
- Key characteristics:
- Property: 679m2
- Built area: 526m2
- Living area: 396m2
- Terraces: 213m2
- Construction costs, net: 1 million euros
- Course of project
- Start of planning: 04 / 2008
- Construction permit: 04 / 2009
- Redesign: 03 / 2010
- Start of construction: 08 / 2010
- Completion: 12 / 2012
Thursday, June 4th, 2015
Article source: General Assembly
A young couple, relocating from the west coast, hired GA to help renovate a duplex apartment in the East Village. Though the existing space was inefficient and lacking in character, its potential was clear. Our first move was to open the kitchen out to the living room and to rearrange the layout for a more cooking and entertaining friendly environment. Upstairs, we reduced the bedrooms from two to one, enlarged the bathroom, added a laundry area and increased storage space with additional closets. Full height sliding pocket doors improved circulation upstairs and allowed more light in to brighten the halls. We combined modern details with warmer materials like dark flooring and a reclaimed wood wall to keep things comfortable yet clean, bringing a bit of a West Coast vibe into a new East Coast home.
Image Courtesy © Devon Banks
- Architects: General Assembly
- Project: The East Village
- Location: New York, USA
- Photography: Devon Banks
Tuesday, June 2nd, 2015
Article source: Another Design International
Creative designers have persistence of visions to make waves in the industry. The international awarded designer Pal Pang from Another Design International was invited by property fund for a collaboration interior design project “Metropolitan Heights no.I” in China shares Mr. Pang’s devotion and passion in design, arts and culture.
Image Courtesy © Another Design International
Thursday, May 28th, 2015
Article source: Arhitektura d.o.o.
The presented apartment is situated in the small village of Dob in the suburbs of the capital town. Our client – young couple from Ljubljana bought a typical row house unit. The main idea was how to create a special modern atmosphere in the small unit in the rural area.
Image Courtesy © Jure Goršič
- Architects: Arhitektura d.o.o.
- Project: Suburban apartment
- Location: Dob, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Photography: Jure Goršič
- Team: Boštjan Gabrijelčič, Aleš Peternel
- Project realisation: 2014
Sunday, May 24th, 2015
Article source: GAETAN LE PENHUEL ARCHITECTES
Paris’s 11th arrondissement combines the city’s highest population density with one of its lowest green space totals. Set back from Boulevard Richard Lenoir, this large plot has been pre-emptively acquired by the City of Paris with a view to creating, along Impasse Truillot, a new public garden edged with social housing units and a crèche for 60 infants. The ultimate aim is a major green strip running from the forecourt of the church of Saint Ambroise to Boulevard Richard Lenoir. Whatever comes of this handsome urban project, currently awaiting the acquisition and demolition of business premises, the building fit with the size of the planned park.
Image Courtesy © Sergio Grazia
- Architects: GAETAN LE PENHUEL ARCHITECTES
- Project: SOCIAL HOUSING AND KINDERGARTEN
- Location: PARIS, France
- Photography: Sergio Grazia
- Software Used: Autocad
- Client: SIEMP – VILLE DE PARIS (DFPE)
- Partners: IRATOME
- PROGRAMME: 14 social dwellings + 60 units kindergarten
- Surface: 2 240 m2
- BUDGET HT: 6.3 M€
- Completion: DEC 2014
Thursday, May 21st, 2015
Article source: Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos
The plot of land is an irregular polygon of 1,000 m2 located in Mexico City, in the south part of the Polanco district, linked by Avenida Arquímedes and Mexico’s City most important avenue: Paseo de la Reforma.
Image Courtesy © Paul Rivera
- Architects: Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos
- Project: ARTESIA
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Photography: Paul Rivera
- President: Javier Sordo Madaleno Bringas
- Architecture Leader: Javier Sordo Madaleno de Haro
- Project Leader: Jorge Isaías
- Project Manager: José Luis Santillán (more…)
Thursday, May 21st, 2015
Article source: Fresh Architectures
Our project has been designed as a unique object, both imposing and securing in comparison with the scale of the neighboring buildings. Its geometry makes it both streamlined and easy to locate. The same material has been chosen to cover the roof and the façades, which gives the building a monolithic and distinctive look. It has been treated in order to be a part of the existing urban environment. As an example, the tiles generate an interesting surface finish by producing both a mineral and monolithic effect. In addition, the glazed surface finish diminishes the deposits from the air pollution. The façades are designed to clean themselves naturally with the rain.
Image Courtesy © Axel Tilche-Dahl
- Architects: Fresh Architectures
- Project: DENSE CITY
- Location: 147 Bd de la Villette Paris 75010, France
- Photography: Axel Tilche-Dahl, Julien Lanoo
- Program : 16 housing units
- Client: SIEMP
- Realisation: dec. 2013
Wednesday, May 20th, 2015
Article source: Normundas Vilkas
The client invited us to design the apartment for a young family in a newly built housing complex in Vilnius. Due to a relatively small space and low budget, the project has become an inspiring challenge.
Image Courtesy © Leonas Garbacauskas
- Architects: Normundas Vilkas
- Project: Apartment in Vilnius
- Location: Vivulskio street 41, Vilnius, Lithuania
- Photography: Leonas Garbacauskas
- Year: 2015
- Area: 62.6 sqm
Tuesday, May 19th, 2015
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA)
From a client brief that originally called for 12 homogenous residential towers, Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA) has proposed an alternative community-orientated design comprised of a low-rise, yet high-density residential building of 981 apartments with accommodation around three sides of the rectangular site. Each side of the building has been shaped to optimize its environmental orientation, creating a sequence of interconnected internal and external courtyards, gardens and public spaces for both residents and neighbours.
Image Courtesy © Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA)
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA)
- Project: Esfera City Center
- Location: Monterrey, Mexico
- Client: Citelis, Organización Ramírez
- Architectural Design (ZHA): Zaha Hadid with Patrik Schumacher
- Project Director (ZHA): Juan Ignacio Aranguren C.
- Project Architect (ZHA): Andrés Arias Madrid
- Project Team (ZHA): Sofia Amodio, Pierandrea Angius, Megan Burke, Cristina Capanna, Gerry Cruz, Johannes Elias, Veronica Erspamer, Gianni Giuffrida, Marco Guardincerri, Soomeen Hahm, Lisa Hofbauer, Julia Hyoun Hee Na, Stefano Iacopini, Lisa Kinnerud, Alexandre Kuroda, Mariagrazia Lanza, Carolina López-Blanco, Milica Pihler-Mirjanic, Sobitha Ravichandran, Kate Revyakina, Yitzhak Samun, Ricardo Sosa-Mejia, Ana Wang Zuñiga, Fei Wang, Fulvio Wirz, Paolo Zilli. (more…)