Archive for the ‘Apartments’ Category
Sunday, August 16th, 2015
Article source: Itai Palti
The space began as mish-mash of small rooms and corridors – the result of years of informal additions and alterations to the building. Located in Jaffa, an old neighbourhood within Tel Aviv, the apartment was originally created by joining two neighbouring rooms separated by a narrow passage. Palti’s first priority was to check and strengthen the structure, and from there reorganise the spaces.
Image Courtesy © Gidon Levin
- Architects: Itai Palti
- Project: Jaffa Garden Apartment
- Location: Jaffa, Israel
- Photography: Gidon Levin
- Area: 50 SQM
- Clients: Young couple
- Completed: Spring, 2015
Wednesday, August 12th, 2015
Article source: ARHITEKTURA D.O.O.
The apartment is situated in a newly built housing project in Ljubljana. Our client was a vibrant young couple who was looking for an open living space connected with various functions.
Image Courtesy © Jure Goršič
- Architects: ARHITEKTURA D.O.O.
- Project: Black Line Apartment
- Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Photography: Jure Goršič
- Authors: BoštjanGabrijelčič, AlešGabrijelčič
- Investor: private
- Construction year: May 2015
Tuesday, August 11th, 2015
Article source: SimpsonHaugh and Partners
Work has started on site for a new premier residential tower on East India Dock,overlooking Canary Wharf in London. Designed by award-winning architects SimpsonHaugh and Partners for Mount Anvil, awarded Developer of the Year 2015 (up to 1,000 homes), and Citystyle Homes, Dollar Bay will be situated opposite the o2 Arena and provide unrivalled views of the River Thames and the Canary Wharf docks.
Image Courtesy © SimpsonHaugh and Partners
Saturday, August 8th, 2015
Article source: ALRICGALINDEZ ARQUITECTOS
Dachas is a housing complex located in Bariloche in a sloped site facing the Nahuel Huapi lake. The word Dachas comes from Russian, meaning country home, log cabin, small rest area in a rural setting. The site is limited in its upper and lower sides by streets hidden in a dense woodland area, a peculiar urban situation, in which the building plays a key role in opening the area and introducing the landscape into the site.
Image Courtesy © Albano García
- Architects: ALRICGALINDEZ ARQUITECTOS
- Project: Dachas
- Location: Bariloche, Argentina.
- Photography: Albano García
- Software used: Autocad
- Collaborators: Alfredo Quiroga, Joaquin Adot
- Structural Engineer: Ing. Susana Marconi
- Construction: Daniel Miranda
- Site area: 600 m2
- Floor area: 161 m2
- Project year: 2008
- Construction year: 2009/2010
Friday, July 31st, 2015
Article source: Vector Architects
Like many other cities in China, Hefei is undergoing a rapid transformation. The original urban fabric was torn apart and discarded, replaced by giant blocks of anonymous structures and forms. The present Hefei is just a fleeting moment on its relentless march toward the future. So, we call it a “Momentary City”.
Image Courtesy © Shuhe Photo
- Architects: Vector Architects
- Project: Momentary City
- Location: Hefei, China
- Photography: Shuhe Photo
- Software used: Sketchup, Vray
- Client: CR Land
- Structural/Mechanical Engineer: Huanyu Design Institute, Hefei (more…)
Friday, July 24th, 2015
Article source: PICH-AGUILERA Architects
The project of Gavà is a block of social housing, developed by Aram Foundation. Since the project’s inception in 2009 until the completion of the work in 2013, public andbank’s helps have suffered such deep changes that have destabilized, mainly to citizens in need of affordable housing, and also, to foundations or companies that promote this type of activity.
Image Courtesy © PICH-AGUILERA Architects
- Architects: PICH-AGUILERA Architects
- Project: 30 social dwellings in Gavà
- Location: Gavà, Spain
- Software used: Autocad, Sketchup, Cype, Calener, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Authors: Felip Pich-Aguilera Baurier. Architect, Teresa Batlle i Pagès.Architect
- Developer: Fundació ARAM
- Group Directors: Pau Casaldàliga, Àngel Sendarrubias
- Head of project: Jordi París
- Intern colaborators: Salvador Girvent
- Construction volume: 2763.18 m2
- Parking: 739.07 m2
- Final cost: 1.966.090,05 €
Thursday, July 23rd, 2015
Article source: AtelierBlur/Georges Hung Architecte D.P.L.G. & Partners
Competition winning scheme for Plot 15 of the MOLEWA residential design competition in Ruichang, Jianxi Provence of China.
Residential design in China faces multitudes of restrictive design issues: One, facing heavy regulations imposed by local planning bureaus residential design often results in very strict interpretations of massing and building separations. Second, a developer-led and market driven standard of apartment layout creates a homogeneous and monotonous building typology that litters the urban landscape offering very little choice to potential buyer / inhabitants. Thirdly, out-of-date local customs remains a design barrier that is difficult to overcome by users accustomed to certain arrangements of functional layout that is a reflection of the developer-led model, fueling the perpetual circle of the same type of residential layouts.
Image Courtesy © AtelierBlur/Georges Hung Architecte D.P.L.G. & Partners
Sunday, July 19th, 2015
Article source: LPArchitecture | Longo Palmarini Architecture & Partners
In one of the most glamorous part of the Côte d’Azur, just a flick of betting chip from the famous Casino of Monte Carlo, Immobiliere Marquet, a Pizzarotti Group Company, presents its first property development in collaboration with LPArchitecture studio based in Milan.
Image Courtesy © LPArchitecture | Longo Palmarini Architecture & Partners
- Architects: LPArchitecture | Longo Palmarini Architecture & Partners
- Project: Baie Marquet: Italian Design in Côte d’Azur
- Location: Côte d’Azur
- Project management: Monaco Etudes Ingenierie
- Structural design engineering: Intec sas_Antonio Collu
- Mechanical system design: Fimatec s.a.m
- Roof: KME S.p.A.
- External windows: Gualini S.p.A.
Friday, July 17th, 2015
Article source: PEÑA architecture
In 2010 the former Kralings Museum at the Hoflaan was transformed into a luxury apartment building. The building consists of three apartments with a common entrance and a lift to the upper floors. The project Casa F involves the apartment on the second floor and contains 193 m2 with 25 m2 of outdoor space.
from game/sitting room looking towards the sitting area, Image Courtesy © Maarten Laupman
- Architects: PEÑA architecture
- Project: Casa F – Transforming a museum into house
- Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Photography: Maarten Laupman
- Project architect: Gabriel R. Peña
- Client: Confidential
- Gross surface area: 193 M2 living, 25 M2 terrace
Thursday, July 16th, 2015
Article source: Slade Architecture
Our goal in renovating this penthouse duplex for a young bachelor was to maximize the impact of the light and views that the penthouse floor-through configuration afforded. The existing apartment had terraces on both levels but the windows and interior partitions limited the impact of this exterior exposure on the interior spaces.
Image Courtesy © Slade Architecture
- Architects: Slade Architecture
- Project: Sullivan Street Duplex
- Location: SoHo, New York City, USA
- Software used: AutoCad and Rhino
- Design Team: Hayes Slade (Principal), James Slade (Principal), Stephanie Wong (Project Architect), Julia Malloy
- Client: Private
- MEP Engineer: Pavane and Kwalbrun
- Structural Engineer: Gilsanz Murray Steficek
- Area: 2264 ft sq