Archive for the ‘Apartments’ Category
Tuesday, March 15th, 2016
Article source: VASILY KLYUKIN
In Japan telling someone that he is a snake means a compliment. In China snakes and dragons often mean the same. The symbol of wisdom andeternal life, this tower would embellish any Eastern city.
Image Courtesy © VASILY KLYUKIN
The link to the Amazon Kindle where the book was released: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CBW4HHG (more…)
Sunday, March 13th, 2016
Article source: BIG-Bjarke Ingels Group
King Street West is set in a transitional area of Toronto. From the tall towers of the Central Business District to the East, to the low-rise neighborhoods in the Northwest, the skyline is a mark of the city’s progress. Located at the meeting point of three 20th century neighborhood parks, BIG and Westbank propose a mixed use development with a public plaza that will create a new center for the community while connecting the various pedestrian pathways that crisscross the area.
Image Courtesy © BIG-Bjarke Ingels Group
- Architects: BIG-Bjarke Ingels Group
- Project: HABITAT 2.0
- Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada (43.641,-79.3976)
- Collaborators: Diamond Schmitt Architects, BA Group, BIG IDEAS, ERA Architects, Gladki Planning Consultants, Greenberg Consultants, Gunn Consultants, Hidi Group, LMDG, MGM Group, Nemetz& Associates, Public Work, Read Jones Christoffersen Ltd.
- Partners in Charge: BjarkeIngels, Thomas Christoffersen
- Project Manager: Christopher White
- Project Architect: Lucio Santos
- Project Designer: Bryan Maddock
- Team: Aaron Mark, Alan Tansey, Alvaro Velosa, Andreas Buettner, John Hilmes, Juan David Ramirez, Megan Ng, OvidiuMunteanu, Terrence Che
- Project Leaders, Concept Design: Daniel Kidd, Tiago Sá (more…)
Friday, March 11th, 2016
Article source: Studio Wills + Architects
Untitled #8 is an interior renovation to a 27 year old residential unit in the northern part of Singapore.
Surrounded by tall buildings, all windows in the original interior were covered up almost completely to prevent overlooking by its neighbours. As a result of that, views and light were erased from the interior.
Arriving at the Foyer, with a ‘LIGHT BOX’ and illusionary rays of light beyond, Image Courtesy © BETON BRUT
- Architects: Studio Wills + Architects
- Project: UNTITLED #8
- Location: Singapore
- Photography: BETON BRUT
- Design Team: Ng William, Kho Keguang, Wu Shan Yat
- Contractor: Wah Sheng Construction Pte Ltd
- Gross Floor Area: 108 sqm
- Time: 2015-2016
Thursday, March 10th, 2016
Article source: Tony Owen Partners
Breeze is a boutique waterfront apartment development located in Drummoyne next to Peppercorn Park. It contains 11 units, a marina, pool and basement parking. The site enjoys panoramic views to the harbour and city. The 5 storey building contains 2 units per floor which are focussed toward the waterfront views.
Image Courtesy © Tony Owen Partners
Wednesday, March 9th, 2016
Article source: RARE Office, Architekturbüro
Located in Friedrichshain, the building is an “Altbau” (pre-WWII residential building).
As many of the Berliner buildings in the former East Berlin, it underwent the so called “emergency enovation” in the time from the WWII and right after the Fall of the Berlin Wall.
Image Courtesy © Manuela Conti
- Architects: RARE Office, Architekturbüro
- Project: WDG Apartment renovation
- Location: Friedrichshain, Berlin, (DE)
- Photography: Manuela Conti
- Area: 70 sqmt
- Year: 2012
Sunday, March 6th, 2016
Article source: Martin Aloras
Pichincha Neighborhood is a low-density area of Rosario, in full development and exceptionally located. This urban site is under a master plan(named after the neighborhood),which in order to preserve its heritage and urban scale restricts the maximum heights of new buildings. As a consequence, apartment building construction is restricted and the existing buildings are started to be rented for other uses pursuant to the new regulations.
Image Courtesy © Walter Salcedo
- Architects: Martin Aloras
- Project: Boreas Building
- Location: Jujuy 2351, S2000JHC Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina
- Photography: Walter Salcedo
- Architect in Charge: Martín Aloras
- Structure: Ingeniero Omar Morris
- Collaborators: Santiago Bueno
- Builder: Sauce constructora
- Area: 1077.0 sim
- Project Year: 2014
Friday, March 4th, 2016
Article source: Tailored design Lab
Fukuoka is a unique and vibrant city with a population of 1.5 million and is continuing to grow. The building site is located in a residential area and is three train stations away from the city-center, an area that is currently building 10-story high residences. The landlord requested the design and building of a rental complex in one section of a 3,000 m² site. A small hill opens toward the east; this has been a living area for a long time as ancient dwellings have been excavated here.
Image Courtesy © Yuji Nishijima
- Architects: Tailored design Lab
- Project: Between Trees
- Location: Fukuoka-city, Fukuoka, Japan
- Photography: Yuji Nishijima
- Contractor: Kai Kensetsu
- Structure: Reinforced Concrete
- Site Area: 673.45 m²
- Building Area: 175.20 m²
- Total Floor area: 411.20 m²
- Construction: 2013.10-2014.06
Wednesday, March 2nd, 2016
Article source: UME architects
The project is a renovation of an existing maisonette apartment for an artist’s house and atelier in Kyoto.The project provides large private terraces at different levels, facilitating beautiful views to Atago mountains especially during ‘Torii’ of ‘Gozan-no-Okuribi’ (a spectacular summer event in Kyoto) and to Higashiyama mountains.
Image Courtesy © Yasushi Ichikawa
- Architects: UME architects
- Project: Apartment and Atelier
- Location: Arashiyama, Kyoto, Japan
- Photography: Yasushi Ichikawa
- Architect in Charge: Satoru Umehara
- Programme: Maisonnette apartment renovation
- Constructor: Arcc
- Area: 85.0 sqm
- Project year: 2013
- Software used: Vectorworks (mac)
Wednesday, March 2nd, 2016
Article source: Salt & Water
The “Salt & Water” studio from Novi Sad, presents their latest project – the complete design for a luxury villa complex located on the stunning Adriatic coast in Montenegro.
Image Courtesy © Salt & Water
- Architects: Salt & Water
- Project: Luxury apartment complex
- Location: Montenegro, Balkans
Tuesday, March 1st, 2016
Article source: SV60 Cordón & Liñán Arquitectos
Given the uniqueness of the initiative designed to provide subsidised housing based on an attitude that is contemporary and sensitive to current social trends, a comprehensive strategy has been adopted based on an interpretation of the PLACE and typological research based on improving living conditions and processes in order to give rise to quality housing that is sustainable and adapted to the various considerations that influence the construction of the architectural concept.
Image Courtesy © SV60 Cordón & Liñán Arquitectos