Archive for the ‘Apartments’ Category
Sunday, August 6th, 2017
Article source: MVRDV
The Market Hall is a sustainable combination of food, leisure, living and parking, fully integrated to celebrate and enhance the synergetic possibilities of the different functions. A secure, covered square emerges beneath an arc, conceived as an inversion of a typical market square and its surrounding buildings. During the day it serves as central market hall, after hours the hall becomes an enormous, covered, well lit public space.
the Markthal from the East at dusk, as the lights come on, Image Courtesy © Daria Scagliola/Stijn Brakkee
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: Markthal Rotterdam
- Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Photography: Ossip van Duivenbode & Daria Scagliola/Stijn Brakkee
- Client: Provast Nederland bv, The Hague, Netherlands
- Design team (competition phase): Winy Maas, Jacob van Rijs and Nathalie de Vries with Marc Joubert, Anet Schurink, Jeroen Zuidgeest, Michele Olcese, Laura Grillo, Ivo van Capelleveen
- Design team (design and construction phase): Winy Maas, Jacob van Rijs and Nathalie de Vries with Renske van der Stoep, Anton Wubben, Marc Joubert, Sven Thorissen, Gijs Rikken, Joeri Horstink, Elsbeth Ronner
- Co-architect: INBO, Woudenberg, the Netherlands
Sunday, July 30th, 2017
Article source: Razan Architects
Based on the urban situation, people’s lifestyle and revitalizing the concept of reconciling human and nature, the architect tried to create a pattern within which all the expectations fit. “The building is called The Neighbor in order to be neighboring to the shading tree in the yard. We want it to be arisen from the nature and to describe architecture as a living paradigm.” -Said the architect. One of the remarkable specifications of the project is using recycled materials in order to lower the budget. The white façade is a product of combining cement and recycled stone. “We tried to bring the architecture into the homes of ones who had forgotten the “Quality” because of its high cost.” -Said the architect. Characteristics that describe the essence of design: Communication: The interior communal spaces provide the opportunity for the residents to easily communicate. The yard has short walls so the neighbors can let themselves inside, rest under the shade of the tree and have a friendly chat. Diversity: Order is nature’s quiddity. Architect looks for creation of inner order based on diversity as well as harmony. Reducing repetitive elements and using a modular design system resulted in a variety of different apartments, both in the structure of the plan and the exterior façade. Originality: Everything seems original here. All the spaces are designed based on a function. Being a home: The units get enough amount of daylight. Terraces are like private little gardens that have a great view to the city.
Image Courtesy © Razan Architects
- Architects: Razan Architects
- Project: Ham Saye Apartment (The Neighbor)
- Location: Tehran, Iran
Wednesday, July 26th, 2017
Article source: COBE
As the centrepiece of Copenhagen’s redeveloped Nordhavn (North Harbour), Danish architects COBE and clients Klaus Kastbjerg and NRE Denmark unveil the completed transformation of The Silo. The former industrial silo was originally used as a storage container for grain. Fifty years later, the 17-storey silo has been converted for new use as a residential apartment building with 38 unique units, ranging from 106 m2 to 401 m2 in size, and with public functions such as event and dining facilities on the upper and lower levels.
Image Courtesy © Rasmus Hjortshøj – COAST
- Architects: COBE
- Project: The Silo
- Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
- Photography: Rasmus Hjortshøj – COAST
- Clients: Klaus Kastbjerg and NRE Denmark
- Landscape architect: COBE
- Engineers: Balslev and Wessberg
- Contractor: NRE Denmark
- Size: 10,000 m2
- Status: Commissioned in 2013, completed in 2017
Sunday, July 23rd, 2017
Article source: Luis Aldrete estudio de arquitectura
Rinconada Margaritas is a vertical housing complex, set up with three buildings in a 10,126 sqm. site. A fundamental part of the project lies on the site conditions, preserving a ravine with an important density of trees and plants. The strategic emplacement of the buildings, leaves 80% of the site´s area for green areas and open spaces, this represents a privilege due its urban condition.
Image Courtesy © Onnis Luque
- Architects: Luis Aldrete estudio de arquitectura
- Project: Rinconada Margaritas
- Location: Efraín González Luna 2164 CP44150 Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
- Photography: Onnis Luque
- Architect: Luis Aldrete
- Project coordination: Cynthia Mojica, Diego García C.
- First stage collaborators: Denisse Sandoval, Miguel Valverde, Fausto Lazcano, Raúl Miranda, Jorge Muñoz
- Second stage collaborators: Christian Coss, Catalina Joya, Adriana Villegas
- Art: Octavio Abúndez, Alejandro Almanza, Jerónimo Jagerman, Los Jaichakers, Pedro Reyes, Eduardo Sarabia
- Developer: Grupo Cube
Sunday, July 23rd, 2017
Article source: Andrea Trebbi Architect
In the laying out of hotels faced Lungomare Costituzione is situated one building for apartments in bricks of 1960-70 years.
Inside it an apartment on the third floor has been completely restored in anticipation of a summer and winter livability.
Image Courtesy © Andrea Trebbi Architect
Sunday, July 23rd, 2017
Article source: CYS.ASDO
The site is located at the Beitou Qiyan ecology redevelopment district. Therefore, to integrate with the natural scenes of sky and mountains has become a major focus for the project.
Extension after compression
In response to the planning concept of the area, it is required to provide a large amount of open space including the entrance square, street square, dotted square and linear open space for public use. The interior space on the ground floor is reduced, but through the extended floor/ ceiling inside out and by adopting the natural building materials, we add the texture of integrating with the environment and the visual extension. A large number of windows and grills create the openness and layers of the space, which makes even broader visual effect on the ground floor.
Image Courtesy © K. M. Lee
- Architects: CYS.ASDO
- Project: Qiyan Cloud
- Location: Taipei, Taiwan
- Photography: K. M. Lee
- Architect in charge: Chung-Yei Sheng
- Design Team: Jill Yang, Orange Kang, Peggy Chiang
- Area: 11762 sqm
- Project Year: 2015
Friday, July 21st, 2017
Article source: RÄS STUDIO
La Diana is the exercise of linking visually, volumetrically and functionally two independent and alienated entities: a commercial space on the ground floor and an apartment on the first floor. The architectural strategy was based on drilling the existing slab to create a large enough opening that would activate the relationship in section between the two floors, and in which the stairs are placed.
Image Courtesy © Adrià Goula
- Architects: RÄS STUDIO
- Project: La Diana
- Location: Gràcia, Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Adrià Goula
- Architects in charge: Clàudia Raurell, Joan Astallé, Marc Peiró
- Built surface: 136m2
- Year: 2017
Wednesday, July 19th, 2017
Article source: AllesWirdGut
In Kirchberg / Luxembourg AllesWirdGut build an ensemble of two large and two smaller buildings accommodating a total of 110 apartments.
The stretched-out buildings in the Quartier du Parc in Kirchberg, Luxembourg, are situated on the northeastern edge of a development area. The northwestern side is bounded by Konrad Adenauer Boulevard. On the south side, the ensemble opens to Parc Reimerwee. Due to their orientation and different rental systems, the two volumes are seen as “fraternal twins”. Together, they make a strong duo that have certain things in common on the outside, while their interiors are different.
Image Courtesy © Michael Sohm
- Architects: AllesWirdGut
- Project: Quartier du Parc, Reimerwee
- Location: Kirchberg, Luxembourg
- Visualization: Michael Sohm
- Client: Sociéte Nationale des Habitations à Bon Marché (SNHBM), Luxembourg + Fonds Kirchberg
- Team Competition: Felix Reiner, Karel Bartos, Laurenz Batka, Ria Roberg
- Team Execution: Baptiste Quételart, Felix Reiner, Florian Gottler, Jessica Wannhoff, Luca Melchiori
- GFA: 12.384 m²
- Competition: 10/2015
Friday, July 14th, 2017
Article source: Colombo and Serboli Architecture
The project, meant for a bachelor with a penchant for sports and cycling and a passion for design, transformed a highly partitioned, ancient layout, dark apartment into an open-spaced two bedrooms home with a large living space and bespoke features.
Image Courtesy © Roberto Ruiz
Tuesday, July 11th, 2017
Article source: Wei Yi International Design Associates
The concept, Wabi-Sabi, from Japanese aesthetics is the principle in the project. The materials with texture of modesty, rustic and asymmetry are used as the main substance in the space, trying to create an unrefined and lean atmosphere. Through the peculiarity of imperfection, the inhabitant are led to discern the hidden beauty of the truly excellence and here they can find their pure sanctuary from the turmoil world.
Image Courtesy © Wei Yi International Design Associates
- Architects: Wei Yi International Design Associates
- Project: Boundary
- Location: Taipei, Taiwan
- Software used: Autocad
- Main Material: oak veneered brushed and painted、special hand painting, German cement paint, titanium metal, Belgium chalkboard paint, grey glass, panDOMO, Engineered flooringns and thoughts are subside and dissolved into the state of serenity of heart.
- Designer: Shin-Yuan Fang
- Area: 270 sqm
- Completed: March, 2017