Archive for the ‘Apartments’ Category
Thursday, June 8th, 2017
Article source: Mecanoo architecten b.v.
De Halve Maen, named after the vessel of the Dutch East India Company, is an apartment building that is part of the Overhoeks development. Attractive, high-quality, spacious homes have been created on the former Shell terrain, beautifully located on the north shore of the river IJ. Mecanoo designed a symmetrical U-shaped building in a park area with a tall masonry plinth and tiered superstructure.
Image Courtesy © Mecanoo architecten b.v.
Wednesday, June 7th, 2017
Article source: STUDIO OIKOS
Located in the historical center of Milan, this apartment lays on the last floor of a building of the first years of the 20th century.
Originally used as a storage space, the roof has been lifted to give habitability and increase insulation and noise reduction. The apartment has a small terrace and has a great view on the old Milan roofing skyline.
Image Courtesy © STUDIO OIKOS
- Architects: STUDIO OIKOS
- Project: CASA SVN
- Location: Milan, Italy
- Software used: Autocad
Wednesday, June 7th, 2017
Article source: chartier-corbasson architectes
At 85 Championnet there was an empty plot of land, with a plan that was too convoluted to be constructed in a classic way, like the rest of the street, built in the Haussmann era. The rue Championnet is indeed occupied by a long ribbon of Haussmannian facades all more or less identical.
The building takes place, leaving empty spaces that, in response to the adjoining courses, create views.
Image Courtesy © chartier-corbasson architectes
Sunday, June 4th, 2017
Article source: Grupa Metaforma
In this world everything is clear – a simple form, minimalistic colors selection, natural materials. This concept of design has been dictated by the male point of view from the very beginning.
The apartment was purchased in the fall and when the architects entered it, they noticed an exceptional view of the old trees in the neighborhood. Yellow, red and brown colors were the perfect background.
Image Courtesy © Grupa Metaforma
- Architects: Grupa Metaforma
- Project: Apartment For A Guy and Even Two of Them
- Location: Poznań, Poland
- Software used: ArchiCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, Illustrator
Friday, June 2nd, 2017
Article source: OMA
A historically significant stadium due to its distinctive design, with the oval stands positioned close to the pitch so audience and players are in intimate proximity, De Kuip is known for its unique and intense atmosphere. Built 80 years ago, the current stadium of Rotterdam-based football club Feyenoord no longer fulfills modern demands. To facilitate the football club’s expanding ambitions both in the national and European football leagues, multiple plans for a new and renovated stadium have been made and presented over the past decade, none of which received final approval. In 2016, Operatie NL, OMA and Feyenoord proposed a different approach: the construction of a new stadium combined with the development of the surrounding neighborhood.
Image Courtesy © OMA
- Architects: OMA
- Project: Feyenoord City
- Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Clients: Stadion Feijenoord NV, Feyenoord Rotterdam NV
- Associates-in-charge: Kees van Casteren, Paolo Caracini
- Team: Andrea Tabocchini, Edmond Lakatos, Emma Lubbers, MacAuley Brown, Max Scherer, Rina Kang, Roza Matveeva, Shinji Takagi, Tanner Merkeley, imur Shabaev, Thomas Brown
Friday, June 2nd, 2017
Article source: atelier PRO architekten
In the Huissensestraat, the major distribution road of the district Malburgen in Arnhem, atelier PRO has designed 83 new houses. Malburgen is one of the oldest garden towns in the Netherlands. In Arnhem this is the only quarter built on the southern banks of the Rhine.
Image Courtesy © Dirk Verwoerd
- Architects: atelier PRO architekten
- Project: Malburgen residences
- Location: Huissensestraat, Arnhem, The Netherlands
- Photography: Dirk Verwoerd
- Client: Municipality Arnhem
- Project architect: Alex Letteboer, Emile Jansen
- Project leaders: Jaco de Koning, Emile Jansen
- Project team members: Adrienne Huang, Rebecca Wong, Allard de Goeij, Johan Hendriks, Arthur Loomans, Dirk de Knegt
- Budget: € 8.500.000 incl.
Thursday, June 1st, 2017
Article source: RICARDO BOFILL TALLER DE ARQUITECTURA
Identification on the part of some members of the Taller de Arquitectura with certain ideas of the Archigram movement, and enthusiasm for experimentation with geometry and its application possibilities to housing, are two factors given tangible form in Kafka’s Castle. This apartment building, on a hill overlooking the bay of Sitges, is fruit of the clustering of cubes around nuclei of vertical circulation. Each cube contains a minimalist environment: living-dining room or bathroom-bedroom, articulated on different levels. The color of the façades, chosen from a range of blues, expresses the intention to merge the building with its natural background, the sky.
Image Courtesy © RICARDO BOFILL TALLER DE ARQUITECTURA
Thursday, June 1st, 2017
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
Designed in response to its natural surroundings, Alai marries ecological considerations, engaging design and a reinterpretation of local architectural tradition.
The number of visitors to the Mayan Riviera is increasing by over 10% each year—surpassing 20 million arrivals in 2016, while its residential population has almost doubled since the year 2000. Welcoming more international visitors than any region in Latin America, it has become an important centre of business, tourism and transport. The outstanding natural beauty, rich Mayan history and tropical climate of the Yucatan Peninsula continue to attract greater numbers of visitors from around the world every year.
Image Courtesy © MIR
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: Alai
- Location: Mayan Riviera, Mexico
- Photography: MIR and GrossMax
- ZHA Design: Zaha Hadid and Patrik Schumacher
- ZHA Project Director: Juan Ignacio Aranguren
- ZHA Project Associate: Maurizio Meossi
- ZHA Project Architect: Arya Safavi
Sunday, May 28th, 2017
Article source: HOK
Saudi Arabia is diversifying its energy production from oil and gas to alternative sources such as solar and wind. The King Abdullah Petroleum Studies and Research Center (KAPSARC), a non-profit institution located outside Riyadh, is responding to this shift by studying the economics, technologies and policies associated with various types of energy.
KAPSARC Library and Apartments, Image Courtesy © Alan Karchmer
- Architects: HOK
- Project: King Abdullah Petroleum Studies and Research Center Residential Community
- Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Photography: Alan Karchmer
- Site: 500 acres / 200 hectares
- Buildings: 2.05 million sq. ft. / 190,240 sq. m.
Friday, May 26th, 2017
Article source: Eureka
A landscape of livings woven together
A project of a 7 unit apartment on a corner of a suburban residential district.The project aims to create a landscape of diverse livings appearing from each external space placed randomly throughout the apartment.
Image Courtesy © Ookura Hideki
- Architects: Eureka + MARU。architecture (Yohei Takano, Sachiko Morita)
- Project: Around the Corner Grain
- Location: Urawa-ward Saitama city Saitama prefecture, Japan
- Photography: Ookura Hideki
- Lead Architects: Inagaki Junya, Sano Satoshi, Hori Eisuke
- Project architects: Emi Sano(ex-staff), Hikaru Takei(ex-staff), Kazunori Yamaguchi(ex-staff), Tomonori Kajita(ex-staff), Naoki Inomata, Kyohei Takahashi(ex-staff)
- Client: Katsuhiro Honda