Archive for the ‘Apartments’ Category
Thursday, March 26th, 2015
Article source: Hamonic+Masson & Associés
Members of the Council of Paris revised the urban regulations for the Masséna- Bruneseau sector in Paris’ southeasterly 13th arrondissement at the city council meeting of Tuesday 16th November 2011. This amendment will allow the construction of residential towers measuring 50 metres tall, and of office blocks measuring up to 180 metres tall.
Image Courtesy © Takuji Shimmura
- Architects: Hamonic+Masson & Associés, Comte Vollenweider
- Project: Home building, ZAC Masséna
- Location: Paris, France
- Photography: Takuji Shimmura, Milène Servelle
- Associate architect: Comte Vollenweider
- Engineering and quantity surveying: Sibat
- Urban planner: Ateliers Yves Lion
- Urban projects developer: Sémapa (more…)
Friday, March 20th, 2015
Article source: AllesWirdGut Architektur ZT GmbH
A new residential neighborhood of 340 apartments is currently being developed on a 30,000 square-meter site on Munich’s Ludlstrasse. The design proposal submitted by AllesWirdGut in collaboration with el:ch Landscape Design came out winning in the architectural competition. Construction of the 90-million project is scheduled to begin in 2017.
Image Courtesy © AllesWirdGut Architektur ZT GmbH
- Architects: AllesWirdGut Architektur ZT GmbH
- Project: 359_LUD
- Location: Munich, Germany
- Collaborators: Lukas Morong, Jan Schröder, Felix Reiner, Adam Gajdoš, Kay Sommer, Raquele Albini
- Landscaping: el:ch Landscape Design
- Energy planning: Transsolar
- Client: GEWOFAG Holding
- Type of Competition, Prize: Geladener Wettbewerb / 1.Preis
- Date of Competition: 01.03.2015
- Start of Construction: 2017
- Completion: 2019
- GBA: 35.790 m2
- Costs: 61,5 Mio Nettobaukosten
- Model: Mattweiss
Thursday, March 19th, 2015
Article source: HUNK-design
The transformation of a very common 19th century Rotterdam upstairs apartment into an unique city paradise.
The residents, Bart Cardinaal en Nadine Roos, had been residents at this address since their student time. With the arrival of their daughter the rented apartment didn’t suffice any more and the residents were on the look out for a home with a (roof)garden. Then the opportunity came along to buy the house for a very good price and it also turned out that it was possible to rebuild the house drastically. As they have their own architectural and design firm, HUNK-design, this became the start of the transformation.
Image Courtesy © J. Collingridge
- Architects: HUNK-design
- Project: Cabrio Apartment
- Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Photography: J. Collingridge
- Clients: Bart Cardinaal, Nadine Roos, Twila Cardinaal
- Structural Engineer: Atko
- Realized: June 2014
- Area: 140 m2
- Budget: 90.000 euro
- Materials: glass, steel, wood and paint
Saturday, March 14th, 2015
Article source: M17 architectural studio
The apartment is located in the downtown area of Moscow.
General concept of this apartment is to bring the natural landscape inside the interior living environment.The owner is a dzenbuddist.
We tried to use less partitions and walls for zoning the space to avoid the closeness, to make it more spacious and opened, without compromising functionality.
Image Courtesy © A.Volkov
- Architects: M17 architectural studio
- Project: Apartment in Moscow
- Location: KAZARMENNIY PEREULOK 3,MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Photography: A.Volkov
- DESIGN TEAM: A. Volkov, E. Vinogradova
- TOTAL AREA: 158sq.m
- PROJECT YEAR: 2014
Friday, March 13th, 2015
Article source: fala atelier
The client bought an old apartment in Lisbon’s downtown. Although charming at the first glance, it was, somehow, broken.
Image Courtesy © Fernando Guerra (fg+sg)
- Architects: fala atelier
- Project: Príncipe Real Apartment
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal
- Photography: Fernando Guerra (fg+sg)
- Project team: fala atelier (filipe magalhães + ana luisa soares
- Area: 60m2
- construction: july – october 2014
- Project date: june 2014
Thursday, March 12th, 2015
Article source: Hector Ruiz Velázquez
Torres Blancas is an emblematic building by Spanish architect Javier Sáenz deOiza (1918-2000), located in Madrid. This 91 m2 apartment is situated in one of the top floors of the building. It is a result of the subdivision of the original plans by Sáenz de Oiza, who contemplated 400m2 houses. In this space, the intervention of restructuring by architect Héctor Ruiz Velazquez seeks to recover the original organic essence of this building of great architectural quality in the interior of the apartment.
Image Courtesy © PEDRO MARTINEZ
- Architects: Hector Ruiz Velázquez
- Project: Apartment Torres Blancas 2040
- Location: Heart of Mary Street 3 Madrid Spain
- Photography: PEDRO MARTINEZ
- Date of Project: 2013-2014
- Termination Date: 2013-2014
- Lead time (months): Five Months
- Quote from work (Euros): 80,000 euros
- Actuating surface (m2): 91 m2
Tuesday, March 10th, 2015
Article source: Potestio Studios
The Gragg building is a three-unit infill building set on a 2500 square foot former parking lot in an evolving, mixed-use Portland neighborhood.
SW view, Image Courtesy © Potestio Studios
- Architects: Potestio Studios
- Project: Gragg Apartments
- Location: Portland, Oregon
- Software used: Autocad and Sketchup
- TEAM: Richard Potestio
- YEAR COMPLETED: 2013
- SIZE: 4000 SF
- TYPE: Multi-Family Residential – 3 units
- CLIENT: Randy Gragg
Tuesday, March 10th, 2015
Article source: Chalupko Design
This post-industrial apartment is located in the center of Warsaw in a building of an old factory of silver and bronze which was recently revitalized. The owner, french foreigner, asked designers from Chalupko Design to create a modern, cosy interior which would fit to the historical building and its facade. That’s why the apartment is finished in industrial style. There are such characteristic elements as bricks, platform table, black steel book shelf and bar-chairs. All kept in modern and light style. The space is calm, neutral, but also warm and pleasant. The beige palette is contrasted with walnut wood, black granite counter-top, black steel elements in the living room, dark grey tiles in the bathroom and dark wallpaper in the bedroom. The overall impression is that of warmth and lightness. Modern lighting completes it.
Image Courtesy © Chalupko Design
- Architects: Chalupko Design
- Project: Post-Industrial Apartment
- Location: Warsaw, Poland
Thursday, March 5th, 2015
Article source: BUREAU A
Within the austerity of Jean Calvin’s protestant city, a tiny “nest” for living can be found. Hidden among the molasses sandstones that typify Geneva’s old town, the small apartment attempts to bring colours to the otherwise cavy and intricate architecture of the XVth century. The apartment has been conceived as a place for intimacy, with some slightly voyeuristic features that help bringing a sparkling feeling and natural light into the deep layout. The visual continuity that crosses the apartment from one façade to the other is set through an important interior window linking the bedroom with the kitchen and the living room. Everything can be seen and observed in one glance.
Image Courtesy © BUREAU A
- Architects: BUREAU A
- Project: THE APARTMENT
- Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Thursday, March 5th, 2015
Article source: Charles Alexiou Interior Design & Architecture
Situated in the icon and imposing Harry Seidler43 storeybuilding ‘the Horizon’, this inner-city apartment with views of bustling Sydney harbour and the CBD, was not short on wow factor.
Image Courtesy © Charles Alexiou Interior Design & Architecture
- Architects: Charles Alexiou Interior Design & Architecture
- Project: DARLINGHURST APARTMENT
- Location: Darlinghurst, Sydney | 1.0 km from CBD
- Awards: Featured in coffee table book ‘Apartment Living’ by Jenna Reed Burns, a Sydney-based journalist with an interest in design and architecture. She has written for all the major Australian design publications including Vogue Living, Belle and INSIDEout, and is the author of Australian Beach Houses and Private Sydney.
- Additional: In late 2000, the owner bought the apartment for $685,000.
- Information: The refurbishment was completed in late 2002 and was later sold for $1,495,000.
- Internal Area: 100 sqm
- Total Area: 125sqm
- Budget: $100,000-$120,000
- Cost: $100,000
- Completed: August 2002