Archive for the ‘Apartments’ Category
Thursday, November 6th, 2014
Article source: Atelier ramdam architects
In 2011, RAMDAM was approached by SCI «Au Bon Coin» for the redevelopment of a small occupied building, situated on the banks of the Saint-Denis canal. This early 20th century building, an emblematic canal-side structure, used to be home to the lockkeepers’ café, Au Bon Coin, famed for featuring in a Robert Doisneau photograph.
Image Courtesy © Michèle Constantini
- Architects: Atelier ramdam architects
- Project: RAMDAM – AU BON COIN
- Location: Saint-Denis (93), canal, Paris
- Photography: Michèle Constantini
- Mission: complète type Loi MOP + OPC
- Client: SCI «AU BON COIN»
- Engineering consultants: Bureau Thermidor / IcTEC
- Area: 201 m2 SHAB
- Cost: 400 000 € HT
- Calendar: 2011-2014
- Materials and techniques used: non-treated wood (Douglas fir for the structure and larch for the cladding), cellulose wadding and wood fibre for insulation, Fermacell dry screed, hydro-gumming of the existing brick, re-pointing and lime coating.
- Systems: district heating and ECS gas production, humidity controlled ventilation
Wednesday, November 5th, 2014
Article source: Fabio Cherman
“Studio Brasilia 27 – SB27” is an apartment designed with multifunctional furniture.
Located in Asa Sul,Brasilia, Brasil, it’s the current residence of the Architect Fabio Cherman, where he sleeps, works, cooks, meets friends and even accommodates guests, all in only 27m2.
Image Courtesy © Fabio Cherman
- Architects: Fabio Cherman
- Project: Studio Brasilia 27 – SB27
- Location: Asa Sul, Brasil
- Area: 27m2
- Year: 2014
Wednesday, November 5th, 2014
Article source: Vincent Callebaut Architectures
“It is time for Cairo to witness the creation of an iconic sustainable building that would express the future of the city Victorious , after decades of urban degradation and also after the recent flip page of unrest – it represents the demand to look into the peak guidance into the future which developers would seek to track.»Abraj Misr
Our Client «Abraj Misr»is developing a new site in a very strategic location in Cairo, on al Nozha Street in Nasr City (vital street). The site is neighbored with large
projects, either already
constructed (e.g. City Stars) or
under Construction (e.g. Delta
Development Project on Al Nasr
Road), or potential projects (e.g. Al Tayyar Land on Al Nasr Road). The site enjoys strong connections to Cairo Airport and main Cairo Arteriessuch as Al Nasr Road (Auto Strad) and Al Orouba Road.
Image Courtesy © Vincent Callebaut Architectures
- Architects: Vincent Callebaut Architectures
- Project: THE GATE RESIDENCE
- Location: Heliopolis District, Cairo,Egypt
- CLIENT: Abraj Misr, Urban Development
- PROGRAM: 1000 Appartments, Offices and Shopping Mall
- SURFACE AREA: 450 000 M²
- BUDGET : EGP 4,5 bn.
- START OF THE CONSTRUCTION : March 2015
- DELIVERY: 2019
- CURRENT PHASE: Schematic Design / Building Permit
- GREEN CERTIFICATION: LEED Gold Plus
- LOCAL ARCHITECT: K&A Design, Injaz Development
- VCA’S TEAM: Agnès Martin, Jiaoyang Huang, Fabrice Zaini, MaguyDelrieu, Vincent Callebaut
Tuesday, November 4th, 2014
Article source: FORM architectural bureau
Customers’ requests were to leave maximum area and to fit into the layout the store rooms, walk-in closets and two lavatories in the way that is \”invisible to the eye\”. Loft-style.
Image Courtesy © Andrey Bezuglov
Tuesday, October 28th, 2014
Article source: Studiomama
Studiomama have created two stunning loft apartments in Stockholm’s medieval old town Gamla Stan. The 200sqm apartments started as derelict office space on the top floors of a 300 year old building in the heart of the city. In a minefield of regulations and restrictions they have worked with conservation specialists to craft beautiful modern living spaces that remain sensitive to their ancient surroundings by stripping back to the skeleton of the structure and re making an interior to the exacting standards of a new build.
Image Courtesy © Studiomama
- Architects: Studiomama
- Project: Renovation of Apartments
- Location: 1720s House Stockholm’s Old Town, Sweden
- Design: Studiomama
- Collaborator: Architect Robert Sandell
- Contractor: TompolBygg
- Structural Engineer: Frank Janland from Tyréns
- Building preservation: Anna Birath from NyrénsArkitektkontor
Sunday, October 19th, 2014
Article source: Girimun Architects
This is a high-end residential development featuring 10 apartment towers and 59 townhouses. The apartment towers house 700 units ranging from 1-bedroom to 4-bedrooms. All 700 units are orientated towards the view of the nearby Changfeng Haiyang World. The townhouses are 3-stories tall and feature an internal private courtyard. The inspiration comes from the traditional courtyard houses of China. Each unit has its own subterranean parking and storage. Voids were cut out of the street level to allow natural light and ventilation on the basement level. The apartments and townhouses share a central green space as well as a club house.
Image Courtesy © Girimun Architects
- Architects: Girimun Architects, Mauro Resnitzky
- Project: Changfeng Park Residences
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Size: 160,000 m2
- Client: Guocoland
Sunday, October 19th, 2014
Article source: B² Architecture
This loft apartment located in a late 19th century house presents an interesting challenge: how to recover the graceful proportions of the living room while taking advantage of the possibilities offered by an earlier alteration which had inserted intermediate levels.
Image Courtesy © Alexandra Timpau
- Architects: B² Architecture
- Project: Attic Loft Reconstruction
- Location: Prague 6, Czech Republic
- Photography: Alexandra Timpau
- Architect in charge: Barbara Bencova
- Year: 2012/2013.
- Status: Completed
- Area: 220 sqm
Sunday, October 19th, 2014
Article source: NASCITURUS DESIGN
This project is the effect of the work done on the 140 m2 space, which changed into a luxurious interior, becoming an alternative to the impersonal hotel rooms. The flat belongs to a businessman, who visits Warsaw for business very often. The guidelines were very clear: it was supposed to be comfortable and elegant. Not necessarily the designer style, but rather classy and functional features is what counts here. The apartment, located in the downtown area of the city, is at the same time a quiet place for resting and a foyer to the big city fun.
Image Courtesy © Yassen Hristov
- Architects: NASCITURUS DESIG
- Project: GRZYBOWSKA APARTMENT
- Location: Warsaw, Poland
- Photography: Yassen Hristov
- Software used: 3Dmax
Friday, October 17th, 2014
Article source: Naoya Kawabe Architect & Associates
This site appears when walking while gentle slope the alley of the width of about 2.5m by about 30m. Surroundings are built of the house, and see Tokyo Metropolitan Expressway in front of the east side. The connected alley is drawn in to the site as it is in the townhouse in 12 households in all, and the building is arranged on the both sides dividing the volume into two. This building slightly extends the end of a past alley, and makes the depths that comes off to the sky. As for the wall that places the alley and is opposite, a slit window is set up along the ceiling side. It becomes the interface of each unit and the outside, and controls the relation of the room mutually opposite. Implications of the town and the unit of house become shape in a secluded most place in the town district, and it appears.
Image Courtesy © Ken’ichi Suzuki
Wednesday, October 15th, 2014
Article source: a-lab
The Carve is an untraditional high-rise apartment building, part of Oslo’s Barcode Plan. Enveloping a narrow strip of 21m by 105m (with a maximum height regulation of 54m) the white marble and wood panel clad building embodies a mix-use complex totaling 15 stories. The first 8 floors are designated office space, topped off with residential program, in a total of 22,000 square meters. The mixed program is structured compacting the flexible office spaces in an efficient machine and optimizing the views and outdoor spaces of the apartments around a raised, covered garden.
Street perspective towards north, Image Courtesy © Luis Fonseca
- Architects: a-lab
- Project: THE CARVE
- Location: Oslo, Norway
- Photography: Luis Fonseca, Ivan Brodey, Oslo S Utvikling_Einar Horsberg
- Client: OSU (Oslo S Utvikling AS)
- Total floor area: 22 500 m2
- Footprint: 2 200 m2
- Levels: 15
- No. of apartments: 41