Archive for the ‘Apartments’ Category
Wednesday, November 20th, 2013
Article source: Eva Cotman
This project sets out to alter and improve an apartment situated in Raval, the Ciutat Vella district of Barcelona. An area used to be known for its nightlife as well as the insecurity, El Raval has changed significantly in recent years and has become one of the touristic attractions in the center of the city. Today it is home to many bars, restaurants, museums and art galleries, making it a popular neighborhood among young professionals and students alike.
Image Courtesy © Eva Cotman, Maria Ceballos
- Architects: Eva Cotman
- Project: Raval Hideout
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Eva Cotman, Maria Ceballos
- Project area: 40sqm
- Project year: 2013
- Constructor: Dolmen Reformes
Sunday, November 10th, 2013
Article source: ANNE SOPHIE GONEAU
The project is the design of a 1,280 sq.ft. condo, located on the ground floor of a triplex in Montreal. The mandate was to divide each living area in order to maximize while maintaining the architectural integrity of the existing location, each room with natural light. The concept was to highlight the raw materials, discovered during the demolition (brick wall, wall hemlock and steel structure), in order to communicate their material, their relief and color environment.
Image Courtesy © Adrien Williams
- Architects: ANNE SOPHIE GONEAU
- Project: Espace St-Denis
- Location: Montreal,Canada
- Photography: Adrien Williams
- When: 2013
Tuesday, November 5th, 2013
Article source: LUCIO MUNIAIN et al
A disposition of elements in a fan differenced in four main blocks make the buildings’ configuration, that meanwhile contrast with the façade formed by a simple grid that is randomly interrupted by the balconies or the opens creating an equal and unmatched visual for every single of the 30 departments that conform the building.
Image Courtesy © Arq. Onnis Luque
- Architects: LUCIO MUNIAIN et al
- Project: TECA APARTMETS
- Location: Naucalpan, México
- Photography: Arq. Onnis Luque
- Construction built: 2009-2011
- BuiltArea: 9, 018 m2.
- Collaborators: Lucio Muniain, Edgar Montes, Mario Hernández, Jorge Arroyoy Luis Valdez.
- Engineering: MCH Ingeniería
- Software used: Autodesk AutoCAD and 3D Studio Max
Wednesday, October 30th, 2013
Article source: Herszage&Sternberg Architects
The intersection of two streets in the center area of Tel Aviv, creates a particular site with a triangular shape.
The building, from the early 60’s, includes 6 floors, having one apartment on each floor.
The particular shape of the site was reflected on the original design of the building, creating a semi circular plan with only 3 round big columns.
Image Courtesy © Shay Epstein
Wednesday, October 30th, 2013
Article source: Architect Show Co., Ltd
Located in Fukuoka City Vice city center, this Building is apartments for rent for single people.
Currently, there is no personality in architecture itself rental apartments, it is often thought to be a uniform design.
As opposed to design the architecture design uniform so far, I have the concept that you plan to have a personality in architecture itself, combines livability and design, the “architecture the sole.
Image Courtesy © Toshihisa Ishii
- Architects: Architect Show Co.,Ltd
- Project: M-B.L.D
- Location: Fukuoka, Japan
- Photography: Toshihisa Ishii
- Builder: Miraizu construction Co.,Ltd
- District: Kyushu
- Use: Mansion
- Site Area: 340.65
- Bldg.Area: 199.81
- Gross Floor Area: 540.65
- Bldg.Coverage Ratio: 58.65
- Gross Floor Ratio: 158.71
- Bldg.scale: 5 stories above ground
- Structure: Reinforced concrete construction
- Max.Height: 13.49 m
- Parking Lot: Four cars
- Exterior Finish: Porcelain tile
- Complete year: April,2013
- Client: Mr.M
Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013
Article source: HOLDUP Architecture
‘ PERCHED ON THE 5TH FLOOR OF A TYPICAL APARTMENT BUILDING IN THE VERY CORE OF PARIS, THIS REFURBISHMENT PROJECT WAS AN OCCASION TO TURN A SINGLE ROOM APARTMENT INTO A PROPER DOUBLE ROOM ONE.’
Image Courtesy © HOLDUP Architecture
- Architects: HOLDUP Architecture
- Project: POUPEE
- Location: Paris, FRANCE
- TYPOLOGY: Studio flat
- FLOOR AREA: 28sqm
- STATUS: Built !
- COMPLETION: May 2012
- BUDGET: 35,000€
- CONDITION: Private commission
- SPONSORSHIP: Jung, Tollens, MLD
- Modeling : Helene Tamalet
Saturday, October 19th, 2013
Article source: Torsten Ottesjö
Walking into this apartment in the heart of Gothenburg is penetrating a very complex and whimsical brain: that of designer Torsten Ottesjö. Borne out of the client’s desire to optimize space, Ottesjö together with Lars Isestig has transformed this apartment into an intricate, multi-leveled nest, comprised of two stairways, a bedroom, a bathroom with shower, a fully-equipped kitchen, an office, a closet, a living room guest bedroom and dining area—all within a mere 17m2 x 3,6m (183 sq ft x 11,8 ft).
Image Courtesy © Torsten Ottesjö
Saturday, October 19th, 2013
Article source: Rolf Ockert Design
We were approached by a bachelor who had just bought a penthouse apartment in an upmarket suburb of Sydney’s East. The apartment occupied the entire top floor of a 1940’s building and had great views over Sydney harbour. On the downside it was not very well laid out and the living area was small. The connection of the living area as well as access to the large terrace was also not ideal.
Image Courtesy © Sharrin Rees
- Architects: Rolf Ockert Design
- Project: Fairfax Avenue Apartment
- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Photography: Sharrin Rees
- Furniture and Decoration selection: Nerida Bawtree
- Builder: Brianda Projects
- Walls: Existing, patched and painted
- Feature wall: Wenge veneer crown cut
- Living Room extension and new windows: Aluminium framed E-glass, natural satin anodise
- Flooring: Oak engineered floorboards over Regupol acousticunderlay
- Decking: Blackbutt Timber, oiled
- New Decking Handrail: Steel flats, galvanised and painted
- Ceilings: Plasterboard,set, painted
- Joinery: Pacific Walnut or Wenge Crown Cut veneer
- Kitchen: Wenge Crown Cut veneer, 2-pack polyurethane spray and “Emperor light” stone
- Bathrooms: Stone flooring, glass mosaic tiles
Saturday, October 12th, 2013
Article source: MARK DZIEWULSKI ARCHITECT
Garden Park consists of four 24-unit apartment buildings and 32 townhomes surrounding an interior public park along West Sacramento’s riverfront. As the pilot project in The Bridge District, the city’s first urban core, Garden Park leverages density to catalyze walkable streets, local businesses, entrepreneurship, sustainable living, and sensible future development.
Image Courtesy © Mark Dziewulski Architect
Wednesday, October 9th, 2013
Article source: Atelier Tekuto
This architecture consists of a second house with garage and two studio-type apartment units for rent. Our client asked me to design architecture similar to “Reflection of Mineral” that we completed in 2006. Therefore basic concepts of ‘Mineral’ are taken into consideration. And in order to further evolve from our previous design we focus on the following three issues: (1) Form should be carefully considered in order to protect white walls from dirt from rainwater. (2) Design and detailing of large skylight (3) Selection of materials to minimize cost.
Image Courtesy © SOBAJIMA, Toshihiro
- Architects: Yasuhiro Yamashita + Azusa Ishii / Atelier Tekuto
- Project: Private house + apartments for rent
- Location: Setagaya-ku, Tokyo
- Photography: SOBAJIMA, Toshihiro
- Date of completion: September 2013
- Program: Private house + apartments for rent
- Site area: 85.92㎡
- Building area: 42.61㎡
- Total floor area : 90.82㎡
- Structure: Reinforced concrete
- Structural engineer: Jun Sato +Yoshihiro Fukushima/Sato Structural Engineers
- Construction: Yoshiya Uchida+Masaru Shibasaki/Uchida Sangyo