Archive for the ‘Apartments’ Category
Thursday, May 15th, 2014
Article source: Jakob Gomez
Monterrey is well known for its imposing-scale mountains. Located in Chipinque, part of the Sierra Madre Oriental, this project offers unique panoramic views of the valley and the surrounding nature.
Built in the 70s the building complex was intended to provide affordable housing in the area. With only 61 square meters (~657 sqft) the goal was to update the nearly 40-year old concrete structure by reorganizing the layout and rethinking natural light, materials and finishes.
Image Courtesy © GroovyChaos
- Architects: Jakob Gomez
- Project: Chipinque – Apartment Renovation
- Location: Chipinque, Mexico
- Photography: GroovyChaos
- Collaboration: Karla Aurora González Villarreal , Melissa G. Soto , Tatiana Posadas
Wednesday, May 14th, 2014
Article source: Koning Eizenberg Architecture, Inc.
This project restored a 1926 YMCA building, designed by noted African American architect Paul R. Williams and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and added a new five-story building at the rear of the existing structure.
Image Courtesy © Eric Staudenmaier
- Architects: Koning Eizenberg Architecture, Inc.
- Project: 28th Street Apartments
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Photography: Eric Staudenmaier
- Architectural Conservator: Williams Art Conservation, Inc.
- Construction Manager: AMJ Construction
- Contractor: Alpha Construction Co., Inc.
- Engineer – Structural: Parker Resnick Structural Engineers
Thursday, May 8th, 2014
Article source: Tony Owen Partners
The Eliza Apartments by Tony Owen Partners has just been completed in Sydney. Designed to be Sydney’s most prestigious and progressive address. We sought a building to fit within the historic context of the area yet was an unmistakeably contemporary and challenging design, combining classic 20th century style with parametric design tools to create a sustainable iconic CBD landmark.
Image Courtesy © Tony Owen Partners
- Architects: Tony Owen Partners
- Project: Eliza Apartments
- Location: Sydney
- Software used: Maya, Rhino, Autocad, Digital Project
Wednesday, April 30th, 2014
Article source: Smart Design Studio
Austin is the refurbishment of a rundown warehouse into a new mixed development in the heart of Surry Hills. The existing warehouse building has been given a new lease of life, reorganizing its interior with a new extended ground level commercial space, two levels of high quality residential apartments, and a lower ground floor car park. The site is located in the inner-city fringe of Surry Hills, which is characterised by warehouses and Victorian terraces houses that in recent years have housed artist’s studios, galleries and creative work spaces.
Image Courtesy © Smart Design Studio
- Architects: Smart Design Studio (William Smart)
- Project: Austin
- Location: Surry Hills, Australia
- Project team: WILLIAM SMART, GLENN O’LOUGHLIN, KIRSTIN LYNAM, ZIG PESHOS, RICHARD STOREY, TROY MELVILLE
- Completion: 2013
- Consultants: STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS BENVENUTI CONSULTING STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS PLANNER MJB URBAN PLANNING HERITAGE CITY PLAN HERITAGE
Friday, April 25th, 2014
Article source: Kombinat d.o.o.
Despite its small size, this one bedroom apartment extends over two different older apartment buildings
with different storey heights. The entrance, the bathroom and the living room with a kitchen are on the upper level, from which you descend through a narrow passage to a working and sleeping room on the lower level.
Image Courtesy © Klemen Ilovar
- Architects: Kombinat d.o.o. (Tomaž Čeligoj, Ana Grk, Blaž Kandus, Alenka Korenjak)
- Project: Apartment P
- Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Photography: Klemen Ilovar
- Client: private
- Floor area: 50 m²
- Planning & Completion: 2012
Friday, April 11th, 2014
Article source: ZD+A
AD61 is a unique and exclusive development in the area of New Polanco. This area has been transformed from an industrial zone into one of the most desirable and solicited neighborhoods in Mexico City. Over the last decade it has grown exponentially, developing around Carso, one of the biggest development projects in the city.
Image Courtesy © Jaime Navarro
- Architects: ZD+A
- Project: AD61
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Photography: Jaime Navarro
- ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN: Yuri Zagorin Alazraki, Erik Alfonso Carranza López, Felipe Buendía Hegewisch
- DESIGN TEAM: Rafael Enríquez, Israel López, Eduardo López, Jorge López, Eugenia Pérez, Maribel Jiménez, Jesse Méndez, Fany Irineo.
- Project: December 2006 – January 2012
- Construction: August 2011 – January 2013
- TYPOLOGY: Residential development, 128 apartments, 15 levels, 5 parking basement
- STRUCTURE: DITEC, Rodolfo Valles Matox
- FACILITIES: Arturo Guerra Enriquez, Fernando Reynoso Monroy, José Lucas Cazares González, Francisco PérezDávalos.
- Land: 21,690 sq ft
- Construction: 253,240 sq ft
Wednesday, April 9th, 2014
Article source: Tamás Szén Molnár
Studio apartment with high interior and cube serving as bathroom, bedroom, kitchen and dining room all at the same time. Designed with István Bényei.
Image Courtesy © Tamás Szén Molnár
Tuesday, April 8th, 2014
Article source: Foster + Partners
Scott Resnick has announced Foster + Partners as design architect of 551 West 21st Street – a new, 19-story luxury condominium overlooking the Hudson River in West Chelsea. 551 West 21st Street features 44 largescale residences, including three penthouses. Beyer Blinder Belle is the executive architect. GTIS Partners is the financial partner and Wells Fargo is the construction lender. Construction of the building is under way with anticipated occupancy in the fall of 2015.
Image by Hayes Davidson, courtesy of Foster + Partners
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: New Luxury Condominium 551 West 21st Street
- Location: West Chelsea, U.S.A
- Photography: Image by Hayes Davidson, courtesy of Foster + Partners
Tuesday, April 8th, 2014
Article source: João Diniz Architecture Ltda
CONSTRUCTED BUILDING AWARD AT IAB MG: INSTITUTE OF BRAZILIANARCHITECTS, MINAS GERAIS SECTION’s XV YEARLY PRIZE 2013
The Monet apartments building is located on a plot in a ‘ L’ shape in the hilly district of Cruzeiro in the city of Belo Horizonte, Brazil, and is a building of 13 floors with 18 apartments of approximately 80.00 m2 each, divided on levels of different configurations generating variations in the apartments shapes showing different terraces, double heights spaces or multi oriented balconies.
Image Courtesy © MarcilioGazzinelli, Isabel Diniz
- Architects: João Diniz Architecture Ltda
- Project: MONET APARTMENTS
- Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- Photography: MarcilioGazzinelli, Isabel Diniz
- Architects collaborators: José Baccarini, Pedro Guadalupe, Lucas Campos, Isabel Diniz e Maurice Laje
- Interns architecture students: Igor Hermont and Deborah Borges
- Construction: TrenaEngenharia Ltda
- Engineers: Gabriel Lustosa and Bruno Boissou
- Structural Design: Sebastião Mendes
- Plot area: 958.00 m2
- Built Area: 4798.00 m2
Tuesday, April 8th, 2014
Article source: Vila Segui arquitectos
The refurbishment of the apartment was driven by the need for a gut renovation due to the poor state of the existing condition, which had been abandoned for several years. The renovation had explicit economic restrictions.
Image Courtesy © Laura Molina
- Architects: Vila Segui arquitectos (Joan Miquel Seguí / Tono Vila)
- Project: Palma apartment Refurbishment
- Location: Palma de Mallorca, Spain
- Photography: Laura Molina
- Area: 83 m2
- Year: 2012